[RG]Colt

Test Server at the 20th?!

So the Test Server goes life on the initial Wipe date...means Wipe pushed back...is it the 27th then ? Can an Dev please clarify this.

Wipe wont be for weeks after ptr,  they slow devs,  they need time to fix what will be more broken by this 

I think also wipe will be moved to End of April or maybe May or maybe June....#

They could not keep a date so far. But I'm not surprised anymore

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I think the march update will launch in march. 

Hopefully it will, but pushing the update to 27th at the earliest means they've got a 5 day window before it hits April. Who knows what may come from the PTR that could cause a delay.

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I think the march update will launch in march. 

You mean the late february update ?

1 hour ago, Albibak said:

You mean the late february update ?

"Soon" it will be called the Christmas-Update :classic_cool:

I wouldn't count on the test server being up on the 20th, just saying. I'd be amazed if it was up this month at all. 

36 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

"Soon" it will be called the Christmas-Update :classic_cool:

You can't rule it out but I think they will manage it by June. And by that time there'll probably only be about 200 players left on the live servers. The last time I bothered to log in there was only 1 to 4 players in my zone at any given time. And I'm pretty sure that was including me. 

So far, we have no hard timeline on the patch, so I wouldn't buy into the talk of the 27th that's happening here.  The captains log provided a general ETA on the test servers:

It is anticipated that Test Live will be available to play around the 20th of March and we will keep you posted should there be any more updates as the time approaches. 

Also, if you read the captain's log, you may notice that they've added additional content and features to the patch that weren't previously announced such as Procedural Generated Shipwrecks

My request to Grapeshot for the patch is to take the time they need to take to get the patch out, but work on cutting scope from the patch, not adding scope to the patch which can further elongate the process

But we need to have a test server to test what we are going to put on the test server so we know it will be good for the live test server.

35 minutes ago, Mr Putts said:

But we need to have a test server to test what we are going to put on the test server so we know it will be good for the live test server.

2vk2rh.jpg

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Don't assume that the PTS will be running at the same time as the legacy game servers. Grapeshot is likely paying quite a bit to host the official game - IMO, it's more likely that the official servers will wipe on the 20th. and some time shortly thereafter the PTS will come up and run on the same instances.

17 hours ago, Tenosch said:

no...  march 2020  still march 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, Smokey Bones said:

So far, we have no hard timeline on the patch, so I wouldn't buy into the talk of the 27th that's happening here.  The captains log provided a general ETA on the test ervers:

Also, if you read the captain's log, you may notice that they've added additional content and features to the patch that weren't previously announced such as Procedural Generated Shipwrecks

My request to Grapeshot for the patch is to take the time they need to take to get the patch out, but work on cutting scope from the patch, not adding scope to the patch hich can further elongate the process

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to stay on task and keep focused. Nobody cares about new content that delays patch dates. Sounds like some cool stuff but Grapeshot needs to understand the value of keeping their word and commitment to a schedule they provided. I would rather be able to play the game again than waiting for some feature.

• Like 1

Personally i like that week on PTR before actual release. There are a lot of changes which I want to test before wipe. Just my personal point of view guys, don´t beat me 🙂

On 3/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, Tenosch said:

Captains Log 24: PTR will be released late March / early April

As expected PTR comes in April and Server Wipe in May/June (sad dead game)

Edited by Tenosch

Yeah, this is sad news for the game, they announce a wipe a month ahead of this time, players have dropped allot since then, and now they show that the wipe isnt even happening before another quarter of the year prob. 

Shouldnt announce a wipe when they dont know when its going to happen.

• Like 1