Abysian

New changes

31 minutes ago, UDO said:

u may not but there are planty that will , as shown by the players that took over whole islands refusing to free up anythign for others , got lucky got to an island first and claimed it , now u go build all over the rare resources so noone wants to settle , there u have an island to yourself same as u did before only this time u have one flag claim to worry about ....

Im not saying its perfect. Im saying i like this way better than lawless. This has to be the easiest short term solution for the devs at this point. I assume at the next wipe, and yes there will be more, that the system will be tweaked again.

12 minutes ago, Remo Williams said:

Im not saying its perfect. Im saying i like this way better than lawless. This has to be the easiest short term solution for the devs at this point. I assume at the next wipe, and yes there will be more, that the system will be tweaked again.

And what if they just limited the claim flags, instead of the islands we'll be getting now. I really like the idea behind it, i genuine do. But i think it won't work well in pve, i think it's easier to just limit the claim flags. For example, 2 per person, 75 for maxed company's. I think this way everyone should be able to get his/her hands on land.

7 minutes ago, Abysian said:

And what if they just limited the claim flags, instead of the islands we'll be getting now. I really like the idea behind it, i genuine do. But i think it won't work well in pve, i think it's easier to just limit the claim flags. For example, 2 per person, 75 for maxed company's. I think this way everyone should be able to get his/her hands on land.

I like that , but they didn't. Im just saying i like this much better than lawless.

3 minutes ago, Remo Williams said:

I like that , but they didn't. Im just saying i like this much better than lawless.

This is very much just like lawless, only with double upkeep and an overlord.

What was it you didn't like about lawless?

I'm usually not one for picking on devs, but they seem to be taking one step forward, two steps back, then shooting themselves in one of their two left feet.

they have prooved one thing they cant code separate claim systems for pve and pvp , so we either get lawless or pvp claim system with slave master overlord 

is it a case of who ever gets to island first and plants flags is the owner can it even be contested ?

they didnt listen to anything the player base said , all they had to do was limit flag claims , problems solved 

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, Abysian said:

Not everyone, and we shouldn't be forced to. 

Agree, it really feels like they don't care about pve at all. First they remove claim flags, then give it back only to remove alliances. While pvp gets extra things, for pve they keep removing it. I used the alliance feature a lot. To help people that got stuck, so they could come on my ship. To talk to traders, so i could know what they had. I used it for the people that lived on the same island and was friendly and wanted to work together. Or just to be able to talk with people you've met in a different server. They are removing a big part from pve, and the argument they're using seems like some bullshit. Since they're leaving it in pvp and are even giving them more features now.

The weirdest thing about removing alliances is that they are doing it just at the very moment you need it most.

Have you found a group of friends who would like to try to stay together when the new servers start up?    Can't make an alliance and try to coordinate with them for the land grab.

Now you're on a new island with strangers and maybe you're even the claim owner, and you want to do something cool, like work together on ships and organize things around the resources and harbors?  No private communications, no sharing ships, no communicating cross-servers.  

Taking it away is bad, but the timing is really bad on it.  It  needed to stay and this new claim setup really just begs for an additional layer of permissions that could have been done in the alliance mechanism.  Not that this would make the new claim system ok, but if you are going to do those changes, and can imagine how the players might need to interact,  why take away the only tool for that?

• Like 1

So, that means that i'm going to play and live on lawless zones, without caring about claim land and become in a feudal-lord, like my last 200 hrs playing ATLAS?

OK, i'l take it!

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

The weirdest thing about removing alliances is that they are doing it just at the very moment you need it most.

Have you found a group of friends who would like to try to stay together when the new servers start up?    Can't make an alliance and try to coordinate with them for the land grab.

Now you're on a new island with strangers and maybe you're even the claim owner, and you want to do something cool, like work together on ships and organize things around the resources and harbors?  No private communications, no sharing ships, no communicating cross-servers.  

Taking it away is bad, but the timing is really bad on it.  It  needed to stay and this new claim setup really just begs for an additional layer of permissions that could have been done in the alliance mechanism.  Not that this would make the new claim system ok, but if you are going to do those changes, and can imagine how the players might need to interact,  why take away the only tool for that?

Agree, i already had several alliance members, that was planning on coming to the same island. So we all could stay together, work as alliances, but not being forced in 1 company. Well guess that won't be happening now.

29 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

This is very much just like lawless, only with double upkeep and an overlord.

What was it you didn't like about lawless?

Well i didnt hate lawless but i didnt like the cluttered trashy builds everywhere.  Consider the fact that we werent attempting to take the entire map either. We just wanted a little area we could work out of and have fun.

6 hours ago, Abysian said:

So they changed some stuff for pve, but made it worse !!

Now in PVE we'll be able to take an island just like on pvp, except that 

• Company alliances will no longer be enabled on PvE servers. We understand that there are some legitimate use cases, however, in this sandbox environment, we believe they will primarily be used to game the system and get past company rules/limitations. We recognize that this may impact how trading communication takes place on PvE servers and we are looking into an alternative option for players.

So we won't be able to play together anymore ? Have a talk together ? Are they serious now ?
In my opinion, taking away alliances is the most stupid idea they ever had, why even ? @Dollie @Jatheish 
WHY?

Did you read to that part and stop? They said straight after that that they will work on something akin to alliances that isn't exploitable.

This is a horrible hot mess. Alliances are needed. This claim system is completely ridiculous. The old claim system is fine it just needs limits to how many flags you can have per company.

Every island is going to look like a complete disaster, creativity and building will be shut down completely because you won't be able to secure a building area to do what you had intended.

• Like 1

Take the current claim system, remove sea claims, make the land claim a little bigger so you can place by beach and take some shore to build shipyards, and make it max 1 or 2 per company, problem solved. And fix the overlap, maybe change the way you steal an inactive claim, by converting the "enemy" flag, and not putting a new flag of your own, this way overlapping won't happen. And please, if you take this suggestion don't make a system where you must get close to enemy flag to start the conversion, when you try to lay down the flag, the conversion starts, so doesn't matter if people build stuff around the flag. Problem 100% solved.

Edited by Jaguar1337

5 minutes ago, Remo Williams said:

Well i didnt hate lawless but i didnt like the cluttered trashy builds everywhere.  Consider the fact that we werent attempting to take the entire map either. We just wanted a little area we could work out of and have fun.

I was just asking because this has happened a couple times now and it just puzzles me.  With the first change they were going to make, there were a few guys all happy about it because they had tried to claim land and couldn't find any and they hated living on lawless.  I pointed out that the change made *everyone* live on lawless and they didn't seem to care.  They were just happy there was a change.

On this second change, you're saying you like it better than lawless.  But really, for most of the players it's just lawless with overlords.  I guess you could get a decent overlord that made sure there weren't trashy builds, but then again, maybe not.  Or maybe you'll get one that doesn't like you and destroys your stuff. 

I just don't remember anybody ever living on lawless and saying "If only they would appoint some player with the power to destroy our bases to come in here and tax us and tell us what to do,.  That would fix everything!"

Well, maybe I'm being a pessimist.  Maybe your issue with clutter and trash will get fixed.  I just know that when I have to spin the big wheel of overlord choices, it's gonna land on one that drinks heavily on the weekends and goes into incoherent rages and wipes out anything painted yellow.....or something like that.  Or maybe one that doesn't speak English, who tells me 10 times not to build on the east side of my base, but I do because I can't understand him, and then he wipes all my stuff.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Daeyelle said:

Did you read to that part and stop? They said straight after that that they will work on something akin to alliances that isn't exploitable.

If it's get exploited i can agree. But then tell me why it only needs to be removed from pve ? 

6 minutes ago, Abysian said:

If it's get exploited i can agree. But then tell me why it only needs to be removed from pve ? 

The problem about that is the mega companies splitting in smaller companies to being able to take more land, and as an alliance they are still able to play togheter, have same chat, step on same boats, etc. In PvP you gonna be able to defeat land owners by brute force and take their land so doesn't matter if they do it, in PvE that won't happen, there is nothing you can do about a Mega splitted in smaller companies taking over the whole map. I believe their goal is to Megas having big island, and solos having the smaller ones, not megas having a bunch of island. But i don't agree with the system where 1 flag take over a whole island, read my suggestion above.

Edited by Jaguar1337

1 minute ago, Jaguar1337 said:

The problem about that is the mega companies splitting in smaller companies to being able to take more land, and as an alliance they are still able to play togheter, have same chat, step on same boats, etc. In PvP you gonna be able to defeat land owners by brute force and take their land so doesn't matter if they do it, in PvE that won't happen, there is nothing you can do about a Mega splitted in smaller companies taking over the whole map.

But that is punishing the pve players because they can't fix it, or won't handle it in a different way. It can't be too hard too keep an eye on the bigger company's. If they exploit something, punish them. But don't remove something from a game because some abuse it. 
It's the same like when you have for example 3 kids, 1 did something wrong so no one is allowed to watch tv. It's not fair to punish people for something they din't do. And this won't stop exploiting, they will just find something else. As long as they don't punish them for real, they will keep finding ways to exploit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Abysian said:

But that is punishing the pve players because they can't fix it, or won't handle it in a different way. It can't be too hard too keep an eye on the bigger company's. If they exploit something, punish them. But don't remove something from a game because some abuse it. 
It's the same like when you have for example 3 kids, 1 did something wrong so no one is allowed to watch tv. It's not fair to punish people for something they din't do. And this won't stop exploiting, they will just find something else. As long as they don't punish them for real, they will keep finding ways to exploit. 

100% Agree with you, i just told you their (Devs) point of view about it. But i don't agree at all.

Edited by Jaguar1337
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I just don't remember anybody ever living on lawless and saying "If only they would appoint some player with the power to destroy our bases to come in here and tax us and tell us what to do,.  That would fix everything!"

ROTFL Thank you, that's the funniest thing I've read this week! 

6 minutes ago, Morvas said:

This is a horrible hot mess. Alliances are needed. This claim system is completely ridiculous. The old claim system is fine it just needs limits to how many flags you can have per company. 

The old claim system was a horrible hot BUGGY mess. If they port it over it would be so bad.

Actually they were right with no claims needed in PVE. With any claim system we will get taxes back, which is unhealthy in PVE.

*It will complicate the start.

*It will make people lose their farm.

*It is a build in grief mechanism, not a grief protection.

How prevent landloards from taking upfront fee to allow your building......

On 3/7/2019 at 1:59 PM, Dollie said:

Each settlement will have an upkeep cost which is based on a variety of factors such as the islands ranking, the number of settlements that company has, and how many different companies are building on the settlement.

So my settlement on a landloards Claim is increasing their upkeep, nice of them when they let me settle! THIS IS ALL PVP mechanism, but put in PVE with a hot needle.

On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP. 

As said before with this u cant not realy use a new base (on another companys settlement) until it is save form demolishing. Think also about first day, what problems it can make, will stuff placed before Claim will be save (bad, spam will stay) or can be demolished (bad because false hope of settlers).

How is the claiming done anyway?

KEEP the feature that when u build u know how save it is from the start.

AND then they care about abusing Alliances for caliming exploits

We understand that there are some legitimate use cases, however, in this sandbox environment, we believe they will primarily be used to game the system and get past company rules/limitations

I can think of several ways to do this anyway, so for the shitty Claim System we get taken away one of the few mandatory MMO feature in this game? AND WHY? For the top ten list? Or is it test for PVP?

I dont even know.... it is sad.

8 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

For one thing alliances had the ability to chat to each other in game without the world seeing them. Now alliances can't do that. Not that i'm fussed because i'll never be in an alliance, but that's still one thing that "playing together" can't achieve anymore.

Not to mention the adventures you can have while sailing to hunt for treasures with alliance buddies, I will hugely miss that part.

Just another thing about no alliances, doesn't that mean anyone in another company that would normally be in an alliance with you can't step foot on your ships? Or was that the case with alliances anyway?

@KarmaComa actually is that what you meant?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Just another thing about no alliances, doesn't that mean anyone in another company that would normally be in an alliance with you can't step foot on your ships? Or was that the case with alliances anyway?

@KarmaComa actually is that what you meant?

You can board an alliance vessel yes, one of my first trips in the game was my alliance buddies taking me out treasure hunting and I loved it, small talk on the boat on the way there, maybe stop and have some fishing and running away from sotd as ur not fitted out to fight or watching the sunsets from the masts (while ur alliance buddy is steering :P), then theres the hunting and sharing the treasure to compare what you got.  Now I guess we will all have to be in the same company to do this just having that alliance as an option was great as an added layer of protection if you wanted unkowns to join u.