Abysian

New changes

So they changed some stuff for pve, but made it worse !!

Now in PVE we'll be able to take an island just like on pvp, except that 

• Company alliances will no longer be enabled on PvE servers. We understand that there are some legitimate use cases, however, in this sandbox environment, we believe they will primarily be used to game the system and get past company rules/limitations. We recognize that this may impact how trading communication takes place on PvE servers and we are looking into an alternative option for players.

So we won't be able to play together anymore ? Have a talk together ? Are they serious now ?
In my opinion, taking away alliances is the most stupid idea they ever had, why even ? @Dollie @Jatheish 
WHY?

• Like 1

I cannot disagree more with you.

The changes they are doing with claims is perfect. You can still work togheter with other players. Companys just cannot form an alliance with other companys. Whats the big deal about that? 

You are still free to work togheter with other players..

Just now, Silwee said:

The changes they are doing with claims is perfect. You can still work togheter with other players. Companys just cannot form an alliance with other companys. Whats the big deal about that? 

For one thing alliances had the ability to chat to each other in game without the world seeing them. Now alliances can't do that. Not that i'm fussed because i'll never be in an alliance, but that's still one thing that "playing together" can't achieve anymore.

I can understand the chat part of it. Thats for sure, but its solvable in other channels. Discord? 
And you can still talk to single players. I do see that its more complicated to this, but still. 

The main problem with the original major upgrade was in my view the claim part. No claims, means more griefing and toxic behavour. 
Now, they have fixed that, and for me thats the most important thing,

12 minutes ago, Silwee said:

If they take away the alliance option, you will not able to talk to friends you've made that live in a other grid.
You can't do treasure maps anymore because you don't share the loot anymore.
You can't help someone that got stuck with their raft or whatever, because they can't come on your ship and you can't invite them into an alliance.
And there is so much more they could have done with alliances.

Yes you can use discord, but why should i use something out of the game, when it's something that's in every mmo ?

They say they do it because people abuse it to get past limitations etc. That i can understand, but why does pvp
still can keep alliances, even have more options now ? If the mechanic really gets abused, shouldn't they fix it, instead
of just removing it from only pve ? Now you're forced to be in 1 company to be able to do most things together.
They take away a core mechanic, without giving something in return. 

• Like 1

Blame the players, toxic and trolling gameplay is to blame.  If a kid is being a dick with a stick, take the stick away and he can't be a dick with it.

Grapeshot are just being responsible parents here.

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

Blame the players, toxic and trolling gameplay is to blame.  If a kid is being a dick with a stick, take the stick away and he can't be a dick with it.

Grapeshot are just being responsible parents here.

Then they will just find something else to exploit, if there answer is to remove everything from pve every time someone uses it to grieve or exploit, not much will be left and the end of the road. 

Edited by Abysian

So how many islands are going to be in the game? And apparently as a company you can claim an entire island? Not to mention a single player can own an entire 'small island' whatever that means in relation to size I have no idea.

Yet owning the island doesn't allow you to stop resource blocking which is what everyone was complaining about.

Is this really what they are planning? Are they insane or stupid?

Edited by True Sonja

3 hours ago, Silwee said:

I can understand the chat part of it. Thats for sure, but its solvable in other channels. Discord? 
And you can still talk to single players. I do see that its more complicated to this, but still. 

The main problem with the original major upgrade was in my view the claim part. No claims, means more griefing and toxic behavour. 

You understand that it's still mostly no claims, right?  Most players will never get to claim land.  There's only going to be @800 or so islands, if you include all of what's currently lawless and they add 1 island to each server.  (That's on an avg. of 4 islands per server)  And big companies can claim multiple islands easily.

What's they've done is put a small number of claim owners in charge of preventing griefing and toxic behavior..if they like you..and if they feel like it.  If they don't , they'll just destroy your stuff, but that's not called griefing anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, True Sonja said:

So how many islands are going to be in the game? And apparently as a company you can claim an entire island? Not to mention a single player can own an entire 'small island' whatever that means in relation to size I have no idea.

Yet owning the island doesn't allow you to stop resource blocking which is what everyone was complaining about.

Is this really what they are planning? Are they insane or stupid?

Yes you can. Your giving 12+ hours to remove anything that is placed on the island you own.

Plus if its the PVP system you can turn off building on your island from what they said in the video. you just have to farm yourself to make the upkeep payments making it harder.

Do I have to take Kraken alone?

Go! alone !

Edited by mishma

7 minutes ago, mishma said:

Do I have to take Kraken alone?

Go! alone !

AND THEN YOU MUST FACE THE SUPER KRAKEN ALONE AS WELL!!!!!  Shun the nonbeliever.

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

For one thing alliances had the ability to chat to each other in game without the world seeing them. Now alliances can't do that. Not that i'm fussed because i'll never be in an alliance, but that's still one thing that "playing together" can't achieve anymore.

Lol unless you were in more than one alliance and then you couldn't tell who was talking to who, becuase all the alliances were talking in the same tab. 

Everyone uses discord to communicate, this change removes a redundant feature. 

3 hours ago, Silwee said:

U sure?

What if the Claimer is the griefer itself?

What if the Claimer dont care about the griefer?

What if the Claimer can not keep up / is not willing to keep up with the griefer?

All thats a fully griefed island, instead of parts of an island.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Draega Zintul said:

Not everyone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Draega Zintul said:

Lol unless you were in more than one alliance and then you couldn't tell who was talking to who, becuase all the alliances were talking in the same tab. 

Everyone uses discord to communicate because of the lack of functionality in the chat system.  Many games allow you to create your own tabs for different chats groups, this is a QoL issue and more over their explanation doesn't make sense.  @Jatheish or @Dollie saying only PVP needs it, so we're removing it from PVE......but we get that there are situations that PVE needs it as well so we're going to come up with a new system for them to talk trade etc because PVE will game the system to get past company limits.

• Company alliances will no longer be enabled on PvE servers. We understand that there are some legitimate use cases, however, in this sandbox environment, we believe they will primarily be used to game the system and get past company rules/limitations. We recognize that this may impact how trading communication takes place on PvE servers and we are looking into an alternative option for players.

Why are you not worried about PVP doing that?  Don't they have more to gain by setting up super alliances to "game the system and get past company rules/limitations"?  By making islands a single claim you don't have groups working together to steal land claims like before.  I mean how dangerous is ally chat guys?  I really want to know what they see PVE doing to game the system that PVP won't use and have a bigger gain from raids which PVE only can do with the kraken..... but now can't do that either.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Draega Zintul said:

Not everyone, and we shouldn't be forced to. 

15 minutes ago, Vonhelswag said:

Everyone uses discord to communicate because of the lack of functionality in the chat system.  Many games allow you to create your own tabs for different chats groups, this is a QoL issue and more over their explanation doesn't make sense.  @Jatheish or @Dollie saying only PVP needs it, so we're removing it from PVE......but we get that there are situations that PVE needs it as well so we're going to come up with a new system for them to talk trade etc because PVE will game the system to get past company limits.

Why are you not worried about PVP doing that?  Don't they have more to gain by setting up super alliances to "game the system and get past company rules/limitations"?  By making islands a single claim you don't have groups working together to steal land claims like before.  I mean how dangerous is ally chat guys?  I really want to know what they see PVE doing to game the system that PVP won't use and have a bigger gain from raids which PVE only can do with the kraken..... but now can't do that either.

Agree, it really feels like they don't care about pve at all. First they remove claim flags, then give it back only to remove alliances. While pvp gets extra things, for pve they keep removing it. I used the alliance feature a lot. To help people that got stuck, so they could come on my ship. To talk to traders, so i could know what they had. I used it for the people that lived on the same island and was friendly and wanted to work together. Or just to be able to talk with people you've met in a different server. They are removing a big part from pve, and the argument they're using seems like some bullshit. Since they're leaving it in pvp and are even giving them more features now.

Edited by Abysian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kummba said:

U sure?

What if the Claimer is the griefer itself?

What if the Claimer dont care about the griefer?

What if the Claimer can not keep up / is not willing to keep up with the griefer?

All thats a fully griefed island, instead of parts of an island.

Add pillars inside the ground to that list and you have a big mess of an island. Large plots of "insecure" lands. 

its not just that change what about having the same flag claim system in pve , i dont want a landlord in pve that will set the tax rate at 30%

are the devs not listening at all to the pve concerns that have been posted on the forums over the past week or so , noone who plays pve wants the pvp system , 

all we wanted was flag claim with limits and up keep nothing could be simpler .......

they way it is now the landlord who got to  the the island first and claimed it can build all over the resources so noonne else wants to settle and effectivly have an entire island to them selfs with no way for anyone to do a damn thing about it

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

Would be better to keep the old claim/upkeep system but limited by 2 flags per company... Map was already full of flags, imagine people taking over a whole island with only one flag:

- No more neutral non-taxed area to farm or people who doesn't own a bank.

- Will be the same as flag spam, companies will take over the whole island anyway.

- People can build anywhere, so pillars built underground will never be found, good luck managing your land.

- Good luck going on vacations, your land will be a huge mess when you get back.

And if you remove the demolish system of 12 (or more) hours cap. Some griefers land owners can make you play for 1 or 2 months before wiping your whole base. I believe the system to be bad because if you go on vacations you can find your land full of perma pillar spam, but if you remove that system, you can pretty much give a griefer land owner powers to ruin 2 months of your life.

Btw, rich people can buy more copies of the game just to take over bigger islands, or take more islands. Now you will say they will have trouble to manage/upkeep? Really? they have slaves now working for them, paying taxes to keep them up. A Company of 8 ~ 10 rich guys can cause a huge mess.

Edited by Jaguar1337

4 hours ago, Silwee said:

I agree. This is acceptable to me. Should we be fortunate enough to get an island. We dont plan on making life hard on anyone. We just want a small area to build in. Why run people off.  TBH if we dont get a claim, as long as we can find a small area to build homes and docks, mehh..  good enough..

2 minutes ago, Remo Williams said:

I agree. This is acceptable to me. Should we be fortunate enough to get an island. We dont plan on making life hard on anyone. We just want a small area to build in. Why run people off.  TBH if we dont get a claim, as long as we can find a small area to build homes and docks, mehh..  good enough..

u may not but there are planty that will , as shown by the players that took over whole islands refusing to free up anythign for others , got lucky got to an island first and claimed it , now u go build all over the rare resources so noone wants to settle , there u have an island to yourself same as u did before only this time u have one flag claim to worry about ....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UDO said:

its not just that change what about having the same flag claim system in pve , i dont want a landlord in pve that will set the tax rate at 30%

I have said it time and time again....I have zero interest in building under someone else's rule. I want a piece of land to call my own. If they used the old/current claim system with limitations on number of flags, I see no issue in being able to find a piece of land to claim. Especially since they are also adding 200+ islands did they say?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greyleaf said:

I have said it time and time again....I have zero interest in building under someone else's rule. I want a piece of land to call my own. If they used the old/current claim system with limitations on number of flags, I see no issue in being able to find a piece of land to claim. Especially since they are also adding 200+ islands did they say?

Yeah, that's what i've been saying too. Just limit the flags. 2 per person, 75 for a maxed out company. A big company can own a island this way. While smaller company's could have their own spots on others islands. 

• Like 1