Dollie

Captain's Log 23: Setting A Course

On 3/16/2019 at 2:55 AM, Arykos said:

they always stated it's for large companies. If you don't wanna accept that then don't try to argument against it. " to make the game more accessible for smaller groups and solo players " doesn't mean its made for soloplayer. They just want those people not give up for obviously reasons. login play the game, you will find out yourself if you watch it from a 3rd perspective. I'm too tired to explain the game mechanics.

LOL...  If I "don't want to accept"?!...  Dude! I linked you a post from Jat that clearly says it's for small groups, solo players, and large groups but it's you that can't accept it. WTF do you think "accessible" means exactly?  They want everyone to be able to play the game whatever their play style is. That doesn't mean it's made for large groups...  IT MEANS IT"S MADE FOR EVERYONE...  You can't actually be so fucking stupid that you can't understand this.  FFS pull your head out of your ass and "ACCEPT" reality.

for real though, link a dev post or company statement that says it's a game for large groups...  I'll wait...

3 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

LOL...  If I "don't want to accept"?!...  Dude! I linked you a post from Jat that clearly says it's for small groups, solo players, and large groups but it's you that can't accept it. WTF do you think "accessible" means exactly?  They want everyone to be able to play the game whatever their play style is. That doesn't mean it's made for large groups...  IT MEANS IT"S MADE FOR EVERYONE...  You can't actually be so fucking stupid that you can't understand this.  FFS pull your head out of your ass and "ACCEPT" reality.

for real though, link a dev post or company statement that says it's a game for large groups...  I'll wait...

ok kid. you still don't understand the post of jat. It's wasting my time to explain it again.

• Like 1

Making games is about making money.  It's in Grapeshot's best interests to make the game accessible to everyone so they can make the most money possible for their company.  They have payrolls to meet, shareholders to pay, bosses to answer to.  They are NOT going to limit their game to only large groups.  

If you are a group player and you like that kind of power, there's plenty of group stuff for you to do.  If you're solo, you too can enjoy the game, Grapeshot will make sure of it.  You may have to ally with others  in order to achieve some aspects of  the game, but that SHOULD be possible.  As I said before,  it really depends on whether the devs screw too much with the ability to make alliances.  But in any case, Grapeshot will make the game as accessible as they can to everyone - put your money on that, because they sure will.

I don't understand why anyone would want to solo on official servers, you create a huge disadvantage for yourself. You can't solo treasure maps, so your leveling will be hindered. You can't solo kracken, power stones and even FoY would be hell. I have been a soloer and it is much easier to go to a private server at 10x or 25x, just to make up for the lack of group size.

58 minutes ago, Spyrit said:

You can't solo treasure maps, so your leveling will be hindered. You can't solo kracken, power stones and even FoY would be hell.

Yes I can, Yes I can, yes I can!!! If you can't solo something, get better....

go to a private server at 10x or 25x, just to make up for the lack of group size.

Cheat? Hrmmm.....

Edited by Lonexile

7 hours ago, Spyrit said:

You can't solo treasure maps, so your leveling will be hindered. You can't solo kracken, power stones and even FoY would be hell.

Solo treasure maps all the time.  Where there's a will, there's a way.   And I also do FoY solo every single time.   Done it about what....five, six times now?  It's not a piece of cake, but it's a LOT better now than it was at first.  No worries, mate.  Solo is peachy keen, it just takes more smarts to .... uh.....git 'er dun.  😄Image result for git er done

• Like 1

Hey, It looks like I won the last "Show 'N Tell" but I'm not sure how to proceed further with getting the prize. Could you provide some info on this please?

2 hours ago, 6Actual said:

Is there a confirmed Wipe Day yet for PVE?

Short answer... its no... its WildCard, never take ther ETA as granted anyways...  "it will be done, when its done" ...

20 hours ago, trev2000 said:

Short answer... its no... its WildCard, never take ther ETA as granted anyways...  "it will be done, when its done" ...

It's not exactly Wildcard, it's Grapeshot Games, but they have to answer to the same owner.  That's the Chinese company Snail Games, last I knew.  As for Ark being done, I think they're still working on it, as you might surmise  if you follow Jen or Captain Cuda on Twitter.  So it's not exactly done yet either.   If Grapeshot wants to delay the ETA of the re-introduction, it probably means they're still making major changes which should result in less aggravation for us....we hope.

To quote Captain Yoda, "Patience you must have, my young padawan."  Image result for star wars quotes, patience

Oh, and by the way, in case you guys have game development skills both Studio Wildcard and Grapeshot Games are hiring.  :hook:🖥️🦕

You can call them the name you want.. at the end its "all" SNAIL GAMES...  😉

2 hours ago, Raine said:

To quote Captain Yoda, "Patience you must have, my young padawan."

You miss the point... its them that tell us the ETA  ... itsnt the players that need "patience", its the dev's that need to learn the meaning of ETA/Dead lines  😄

If i keep saying to mi boss one date, and if i deliver the work "when i want", i will loose mi job at the end of the month .. the devs "here", just do whatever they want.

😉

Edited by trev2000

I understand where you're coming from.  But what does the "E" in ETA stand for?  Estimated.  It's just an estimate.  A guess, based on the information available at the time it was made.  A 'deadline' is not the same thing as an ETA.   As a journalist, I have deadlines to meet or my stories won't make it to press in time.  So if Grapeshot gives us an ETA, it means they are just making their best guess and if unforeseen circumstances push that estimate out further, then que sera, sera.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:36 AM, travis843 said:

Lmao the course is set to down the drain.

Sounds like you're having a rough time of it with the disappearing ships.  Can't blame you for feeling salty.

After reading the PTR bug reports, I have a strong feeling it will be longer than one week before the 1.5 patch drops.  Seems like there are some major gamebreaking issues they need to overcome.  I know they're working on it, but one week of coding and testing won't fix what's gone wonky.  They're gonna need more time for sure.  Image result for coding