Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Barrels?

Of course not. Can't have solo person or small band harm a company of 100 galleon like that.

It is "undesired gameplay".

You can only place one at a time in the sea next to a ship and you of course can not set a timer for sea barrels, so, gods forbid, solo can't do serious harm to zerg.

The only viable tactics is having multiple people lay barrels at the same time and run.

31 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Of course not. Can't have solo person or small band harm a company of 100 galleon like that.

It is "undesired gameplay".

You can only place one at a time in the sea next to a ship and you of course can not set a timer for sea barrels, so, gods forbid, solo can't do serious harm to zerg.

The only viable tactics is having multiple people lay barrels at the same time and run.

Yup i just tested it, and yes your right. The thing is i thought the devs disabled them from working until later on but i guess not.

If we're talking about explosive barrels..... These can be fired out of cannons.  Honestly, if you have 10-15 cannons loaded with explosive barrels, you'd wreck a galleon in a heartbeat.  The only drawback is that you need to be close enough to fire them, since a ship cannons range is reduced to about 1/3 normal range when using explosive barrels.  If you can get past that hurdle, then its a piece of cake.