Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

Galleon repairing...It's a love hate relationship

I hate the fact that after a battle, or worse yet go through a cyclone, you have to check Every plank, cannon, mast and sail for damage. Do you know how many planks are on a galleon ? It would be unrealistic to have it receive no damage, however repairing every plank is so time consuming.  Is there a better way to identify damage ? Maybe have a notice pop up when something goes below a predetermined percentage point,  set by the player. Maybe have things change color or tone similar to the ceiling planks ? IDK.

I recently went through an ocean storm with the increased strength. Unfortunately  I went into two of the individual cyclones and after the storm passed I took an assessment of the brig and found damage to every item on it. The panels alone went from 6000 to 4000 health. I don't mind repairing stuff, however maybe there is a better way to do it. I'd like to know what everyone else does and if they have any better ideas on repairing the big ships.

Do anchor and take a guy off a cannon. Wait 10 mins,done.  Then just check all the structures on the top deck. 

Thanks for the help. We have two guys doing maintenance but not sure they repair everything. Will pay more attention to them and check. We also like to do maint out to sea because we do one battle after another without anchoring.  May be no solution except to run around and bang things.

They only repair planks, sadly everything else you will need to repair, so masts, decks, ceilings, walls etc. Everything that is not a plank. And only when you are anchored and not in freeport.

I do wish there was a repair option thag is similar to a podium and requires a person be on it to repair at sea except during combat, but right now thats a dream

Maybe they could add a repair all function to the podium when in anchor only, you do a little mini game and it repairs all the non planks while the crew repairs planks.

2 hours ago, Smash said:

Do anchor and take a guy off a cannon. Wait 10 mins,done.  Then just check all the structures on the top deck. 

This second part is tedious as hell. Heard stories of hours long human repair after naval battles. That alone makes them unappealing to me.

Make auto repairs of non plank ship parts possible plox.

DEVs should do 2 things there.

1) - Make guys repair everything while ship on anchor.

2) - Make "master design" feature - when your ship is ready, you save all what you designed, and then when you back to your base, you should be able to put your ship in some kind of repairment docks/wharf (DEVs should introduce this one as well). It shows - how many resources and dyes you need to repair damaged or to replace all missing ceilings, stairs, ladders, cannons etc according to saved master design. And maybe allow you to put blueprints there, so new ceiling squares will be masterwork for example...

Because right now - if you build a battle ship, you build it as flat and straight as it gets. Because if you wanna some design, some railings, sloped walls, etc, you wanna paint em beautiful way, you then simply get tired replacing all destroyed parts in battles. I came up with this idea after I took down more than 50 SotD's with my Brig. I started it really cool looking. 50th battle I met with no design and as empty top deck as it possible. Right now it's just too troublesome to make your battle ship looks cool.

(I'm not saying anything about kiting stern shootgun meta. There is no damage there in battle, but IMAO - that design should not exists : )) )

Edited by George Catcher

...think there is a song you can play on your accordion that will speed up the repairing

There is accommodation stat you increasing while ship leveling up. I greatly speeds up repairment.
Edited by George Catcher

Never done that. I always go check if my resource boxes are full with mats and if that is, I know it’ll repair. 

Ideas:

add an overlay so when you hit the HUD overlay hotkey (tab or H in my case) it would easily show you the health status of the individual pieces around you. Then you could make a quick circuit of the ship and repair what was needed instead of inspecting every single piece.

Or when you hold the repair hammer it will change color of planks so full health would be green, med health yellow, low health red. When we paint our ships sometimes the color darkening doesn't work so I think this would be a better idea and not hard to implement.

10 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i think there is a song you can play on your accordion that will speed up the repairing

We have 61 canons on our galleon. I didn't do the math but it seems we had to use all of our upgrade on additional crew members to fill all our open spots. Even with the increase in levels to 52, we only have a few upgrades left. I like the idea of the repairing shipyard, however for those of use that go to sea for extended battles, we still need something to easily repair everything when away from our base.

• Like 1