Sign in to follow this  
Kev90sc1

Loading Screen Map

I am running a 2x2 dedicated, for some reason I cant get my map to show on the spawn screen, shows the 4 boxes and the yellow boxes for spawn points but the Map is black and blank. I've searched and come up with nothing, Thanks

In my Atlas game's install folder (where XXXXXXX = unique server id):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache\XXXXXXX

is where it downloads your server's map images. I run a 1x1 so I've only got:

GridCellMapImage_0-0.jpg
MapImage.jpg

They're supposed to auto-download on connect, but sometimes something goes wrong.

I just deleted them both and re-joined my server. The MapImage.jpg redownloaded when I selected Join New Atlas. In my ServerGrid.json I've got this line (where YYYYYYY = my website's name):

"MapImageURL": "http://YYYYYYY.com/atlas/XXXXXXX/MapImg.jpg",

Interestingly, my GridCellMapImage didn't redownload, and in-game when I press M for the in-game map, it's all black.

I'll try and follow up on that one. 🙂

As a temp fix, just copy all your server's map files into your MapImagesCache\XXXXXXX folder. This is just for you, not other players on the server.

• Like 1

Ill have to try that tonight, I was wondering if it pulled the map image on the query port or what, or maybe I had missed a port just for mapping.