Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Do NOT take the 20th off from work/school/etc

Im just saying it now.... 

I dont want to hear (read) all the people bitching about how they took the day off from work/school/whatever and they are pissed the update didnt drop.

Just dont do it.

These things frequently slip, or if they do happen on the day, happen very late on the date.

• Like 4

If you take the day off of work/school for a patch or whatever game related BS you should be punished.
Get your priorities straight.
This game wont put food on your table or knowledge in your head, don't miss out on an opportunity to get that by playing games.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, microphobe said:

If you take the day off of work/school for a patch or whatever game related BS you should be punished.

I always take the day off for games i like. I first of all need to spend them anyway, and secondly you only live once. Don't spend it to much on working alone.
And if you want to punish me for that, go ahead. But you will need to spank it good.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Abysian said:

I always take the day off for games i like. I first of all need to spend them anyway, and secondly you only live once. Don't spend it to much on working alone.
And if you want to punish me for that, go ahead. But you will need to spank it good.

*Licks fingers*
You want a spanking you naughty little boy?
Well if that's what you WANT!
I'm going to give you ice cream instead! How do you like that? Hah! No spanking for you!

But while I agree that you can schedule holidays etc. just taking a sickie for a game is not on and will be rewarded with whatever patch etc not actually dropping on that day.

Just now, microphobe said:

*Licks fingers*
You want a spanking you naughty little boy?
Well if that's what you WANT!
I'm going to give you ice cream instead! How do you like that? Hah! No spanking for you!

But while I agree that you can schedule holidays etc. just taking a sickie for a game is not on and will be rewarded with whatever patch etc not actually dropping on that day.

*O me like it*

But agree, taking a sick day is a no go. Because you're kinda screwing your colleagues, just so you can have some fun.

3 minutes ago, Abysian said:

*O me like it*

But agree, taking a sick day is a no go. Because you're kinda screwing your colleagues, just so you can have some fun.

The only way to truly pleasure a sadist is by denying them the pain they ask for.

38 minutes ago, microphobe said:

Get your priorities straight.
This game wont put food on your table or knowledge in your head, don't miss out on an opportunity to get that by playing games.

I have 70 hours of paid vacation I will use as I please thank you very much.

I've already used 26 to shovel this INFERNAL SNOW FROM MY ROOF 6 FREAKING TIMES.

Edited by gadefence
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, gadefence said:

I've already used 26 to shovel this INFERNAL SNOW FROM MY ROOF 6 FREAKING TIMES.

Yeah this should have read *sick day* I corrected later on.

2 hours ago, Abysian said:

I think the main thing is based on these devs track record, there is a high chance taking the 20th off to play Atlas will be a waste of said time off. As long as you know that going in, by all means, it’s your life. Particularly if you’re out of school have at it.

2 hours ago, gadefence said:

Save some of that vacation time for the summer so you have time to buttress your roof before next winter! (or to pack the Uhaul for warmer pastures)

If my colleague wants to take vacation to go get a sunburn on a beach, or to go to the opening game for his favorite team, more power to them.  Hope they come back refreshed and ready to rock.  If I or you want to use that time to chill in a virtual world... so be it.

I'd agree a "sick day" is in poor taste though, and also agree my money's on it dropping late.  I don't even mean to insult the devs by saying that, drop it when you're good with it.  Just as Boomer said though, track record being what it is...

3 minutes ago, Kveldulf said:

Save some of that vacation time for the summer so you have time to buttress your roof before next winter! (or to pack the Uhaul for warmer pastures)

If my colleague wants to take vacation to go get a sunburn on a beach, or to go to the opening game for his favorite team, more power to them.  Hope they come back refreshed and ready to rock.  If I or you want to use that time to chill in a virtual world... so be it.

I'd agree a "sick day" is in poor taste though, and also agree my money's on it dropping late.  I don't even mean to insult the devs by saying that, drop it when you're good with it.  Just as Boomer said though, track record being what it is...

I would rather pizza late than shit on time.

• Like 1

Just now, microphobe said:

My first thought was I'd rather shit on time personally.  I think I might have been a little too literal on that though.

We spend 80% of our lives working just so we can have the resources we need to survive during the other 19% and enjoy life during the 1% we actually get to do what we really want to do. You wanna take time off for a video game? Absolutely do. We have a finite amount of time on this Earth and should enjoy as much of it as possible.

Edited by CyanicEmber

If you want to do it, that im ok with, its your vacation time.

What I dont want to see is people bitching about how they took a day off to play and the patch doesnt come till 10pm on the 20th (or whatever day it turns out to be)

Hmm, I think I totally misunderstood something: So the patch should roll out on the 20th on the test servers - but the test servers are the live servers? 

Id rather clean the septic systems of the people more fortunate than me than take a day off to enjoy a video game imo. My job is very important! 

9 hours ago, microphobe said:

Two things: 

I really like that phrase.

However, if the pizza is habitually late you’re going to be less than thrilled even if it is better than shit. Also, you would be foolish to bet your buddy on the pizza being on time if you know the delivery guy’s track record.

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Two things: 

I really like that phrase.

However, if the pizza is habitually late you’re going to be less than thrilled even if it is better than shit. Also, you would be foolish to bet your buddy on the pizza being on time if you know the delivery guy’s track record.

depends how good the pizza is and if it arrives in a palatable condition.

But no I wouldn't bet on the pizza being on time but then I'm not taking the day off.

13 hours ago, archaegeo said:

Im just saying it now.... 

I dont want to hear (read) all the people bitching about how they took the day off from work/school/whatever and they are pissed the update didnt drop.

Just dont do it.

These things frequently slip, or if they do happen on the day, happen very late on the date.

I saw someone on Discord already say they booked time off work and now have to postpone it, lol people never learn.

13 hours ago, Abysian said:

*O me like it*

At my work, if I take time off, that gives one of the casuals a chance to get some hours. I've got 9 weeks of holidays saved, and about 90 hours of sick pay saved. Either way, they gotta be used. I used to take heaps of time off work for game releases but not at the moment. If I knew for a fact that the patch would release on the 20th, I would absolutely take that day off.

29 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

120 hours of paid vacay, i'll take the whole week off if i want to. 

I work on commission and as long as it’s not peak season, I take off when I want to as well. Heck my boss is even a gamer so I could probably tell him why and not even get a sideways glance. All I’m saying is, I wouldn’t recommend doing so given this bunch’s track record, or at the very least have a backup plan. I hear Aruba is nice this time of year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albi said:

Id rather clean the septic systems of the people more fortunate than me than take a day off to enjoy a video game imo. My job is very important! 

Anyone familiar with the history of cholera would agree.

patch isnt releasing 20th the test server goes live 20th 😕 all change 

I'm taking the official launch off, need to get in before the foundation spammers.