Sign in to follow this  
MrHeid

Rule NPC with fear instead of gold.

I think it would be cool to be able to execute a NPC crew member with the guillotine to show the rest of the crew what happens if there is a mutiny.  If you do this it would make  your crew cost 0 gold for a few days or something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

I think it would be cool to be able to execute a NPC crew member with the guillotine to show the rest of the crew what happens if there is a mutiny.  If you do this it would make  your crew cost 0 gold for a few days or something.

I like this idea but it would need to be limited to avoid exploitation. Cut off a head or two and everyone gets the msg and stays in line. Keep doing it and at some point they all decide you need to go. Make it so abuse of this mechanic can also lead to mutiny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I like this idea but it would need to be limited to avoid exploitation. Cut off a head or two and everyone gets the msg and stays in line. Keep doing it and at some point they all decide you need to go. Make it so abuse of this mechanic can also lead to mutiny.

Yep. Some kind of roleplay system, where you can do stuff that can go both ways. If you execute a crew member that lays good in the group it can be bad for your reputation etc. But that’s some deep stuff that is fun for pirate games where your ship and crew actually matter. So what OP suggested would suffice. With this post I briefly hint that I hate the fact a ship in this game is just ‘another one’. 

Edited by Percieval

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

Think on a shark, a mutinied crew and a plank, too 😄😄😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yneternum said:

Think on a shark, a mutinied crew and a plank, too 😄😄😄

Wasn’t there a plank in the original trailer? The thing I find a real shame is that you can’t take sleeping bodies off your ship and lay them down on a tiny island. I’ve always wanted to put a crewmember down with 1 pistol and 1 shot. Just like in PoTC 😉 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Wasn’t there a plank in the original trailer? The thing I find a real shame is that you can’t take sleeping bodies off your ship and lay them down on a tiny island. I’ve always wanted to put a crewmember down with 1 pistol and 1 shot. Just like in PoTC 😉 

“But why is the rum gone?”

Why can't you take sleeping people off the ship?  We've tossed them overboard before because we needed the crew slot. 

I like this idea also or even if a mutiny is near because your low on gold and will lower the rates for a set time as others have suggested, as will be the case for a lot of new players until they are established.  I come to play games to get away from the capitalist age we live in now to only simulate another one 😕

You do realize the npc know where you sleep, and they never go offline...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy9kubrymIGsEM_oymowy

I would take this discussion offline if I were you. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1