Sign in to follow this  
Vodoo

NPC salary

Bonjour a tous, je ne sais pas si l'idée a déjà était proposé, au vue du prochain redémarrage il serait judicieux que les NPC soient payé sur toute une ile à partir de la banque.

Bons vents o7

Hello everyone, I do not know if the idea has already been proposed, in view of the next restart it would be wise that the NPC be paid on an island from the bank.

Good Winds o7

Edited by Vodoo
translate

I think NPC's should only be able to be used on sails and repairs not canons and puckles etc.

That takes away from the pvp aspect making the game NPC v player.

1 hour ago, Rats said:

I think NPC's should only be able to be used on sails and repairs not canons and puckles etc.

So how is a solo player supposed to use all 52 cannons on a galleon? Come to that most companies could not either

Mmo

Cant man it, don't use it.

Played other games where you needed actual people to fire the cannons without issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

So how is a solo player supposed to use all 52 cannons on a galleon? Come to that most companies could not either

That's when its called teamwork and how it should of been from the start.

Did you ever see a pirate without a crew ?

1 minute ago, Rats said:

Company of 10. All on same ship at same time. For a brig that's 1 at wheel- 3 on sails leaving 6 on 12 cannon. They are all working as a team as you suggest, but unable to crew even a brig fully. It's worse for a galleon requiring 6 for sails.

I really think NPC's should only be used for sails and repairs and players man canons only, otherwise you might as well just use aimbots like the chinese do.

Either cut back on the canons or man them more efficiently. It's not hard for a player to man two canons next to each other.

2 hours ago, Rats said:

You said this before. Somewhere in your brain it blocks any thought of making this game solo friendly. 

• Like 2

I'm a solo player and hate the mega's, they have destroyed the game.

Would rather play in a group of 2-10 in any game no matter how big the game is.

Big groups have too many assholes with too many opinions and most leave the work to a few.

18 minutes ago, Rats said:

Big groups have too many assholes with too many opinions and most leave the work to a few.

Mega’s didn’t destroy the game though. Solo and small groups just made it easier for us. Every update that’s good for solo play is better for large groups. 

Maybe something akin to a control position similar to the Lieutenants podium but for cannons. Like a cannon master who controls a bank of NPCs firing. Would be the halfway point between the two ideas. 

Anyway, nothing at all to do with the OP 🙂

23 minutes ago, Rats said:

Ironic. 

You are solo.

you would rather play in a group bigger than solo (2-10)  

big groups ( which you are not a part of) have too many arseholes.

in my experience a lot of solo groups have too many arseholes. 

Ill be your freind. You can even join my mega bro cookie. The majority of our members are split into groups of 10-15 member independent crews with their own ships ( minimum of a schooner for each crew) each crew has a captain with admin priv. Each of those captains takes orders from the main discord and feeds info to their crews via their crew discord. Aside from big fights the crews do their own thing. This new update addressing the claim system will balance the game for all play styles on Pvp ( solo, Small group, with megas running islands in most cases like governments who will actually need to rely on all types of groups to keep upkeep costs down)  I’m not addressing  pve atm. I’m sure there will be seperate pve updates aswell. 

What im getting at is that as a mega company on pvp the majority consensus is that we would like all players to have a good time on pvp servers. We were the first to acknowledge that the current system is not in the best interest of all players as it caters too much to my company play style and leaves solos and small groups ostracised. Now those small groups have a reason to work with us or go to war against us fairly as they choose without offlining. NPCs are a solos best freind when it comes to fighting my company ( had a guy in a schooner sink one of our schooners in combat yesterday) this solo is now a total bad ass in my company. The crew that lost their ship are still getting roasted in the discord now lol. 

Lets not make the game harder for the new guys and the solos by pushing to limit mechanics that are in their best interest. Let’s keep it competitive and fun for everyone, I would even be for NPCs taking up company slots. This way a solo can run a 499 man company as the admin. 

Thanks for the post mate. Enjoy the game. We don’t hate you back. We love solos and small companies.

4 hours ago, Rats said:

1 hour ago, Rats said:

Funny you say you hate the game, yet you would give the big company's the biggest advantage.

3 hours ago, Rats said:

1 hour ago, Rats said:

But you talk about teamwork, then why not play in a real team. Don't change you opinion every 5 minutes.

3 hours ago, Rats said:

Npc's are part of your crew, you feed them, you pay them, you sail the world with them, you fight with them. They are MY crew

I like it the way it is, dont need a change, only add more functions to them 🙂

I don't have an issue with the npcs. I think you should have to turn the ship for a broadside though and the angle at which the canon can turn left and right should be reduced some or the speed at which they turn should be turned way down. Cannons should be on straight carts with wheels and use pulleys to push them out to fire. You could angle them some with the pulleys but turning them constantly left and right wouldn't be that easy to do once it's in firing position.