BoboWarr

New rules will make ATLAS sustainable, not break PvP.

I don't agree with the tons of comments and posts about how the changes "cater to the weak!" and other elitist testosterone driven nonsense.

What I see coming from this is a reason for the mega tribes to stop acting like this is ARK on boats, and instead sustain a situation where new and solo players can enjoy the game.  The meta of mega tribes owning everything and wiping beginners and small companies ensures that eventually the player base is megas and noobs that get wiped and leave.  

The idea of a more collaborative model where there is a point to playing even if you are not in a huge company means a larger and more sustained player base which means a longer lifespan and more people having fun playing the game.

We can always go play ARK when we want the other meta (as I still do as well as playing ATLAS).

If being smarter, more strategic, and thinking diplomatically and collaboratively to build your empire is weak I think we have different definitions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I dont think it will break anything, 

Let's see before they announced the wipe there wasn't a pvp server. 

Freeport=no pvp allowed

Lawless=offline raid only

Claimed territory= mega companies with spies in each other's discords, the megas would just pack up on their ships and leave usually rather than fight for their land. 

The mega thing is really pathetic though, I haven't seen a big company fight anything yet. They have the discord spies then when a big fleet is comming for them they take all their ships to the nearest Freeport, while someone else scouts out land that might be offline/inactive and they move there, what exciting pvp action!

So there was no pvp to ruin in the first place. 

The point of their changes is to funnel pvp a bit better, I'm excited that these changes are taking place, there might be some action after this. 

The game is fun right now though cuz everyone's taking ships out to pvp since the wipes coming. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike L said:

I dont think it will break anything, 

Let's see before they announced the wipe there wasn't a pvp server. 

Freeport=no pvp allowed

Lawless=offline raid only

Claimed territory= mega companies with spies in each other's discords, the megas would just pack up on their ships and leave usually rather than fight for their land. 

The mega thing is really pathetic though, I haven't seen a big company fight anything yet. They have the discord spies then when a big fleet is comming for them they take all their ships to the nearest Freeport, while someone else scouts out land that might be offline/inactive and they move there, what exciting pvp action!

So there was no pvp to ruin in the first place. 

The point of their changes is to funnel pvp a bit better, I'm excited that these changes are taking place, there might be some action after this. 

The game is fun right now though cuz everyone's taking ships out to pvp since the wipes coming. 

well, i got wiped by a mega alliance, dynasty and a couple of their top ten pals. It wasn't fun. They insided and flipped a claim so everyone could build on it, placed mortars and wiped our main base on our grid. Before that, they greifed us for a week straight. Sinking every ship we had, every night, when most of us were offline. weakening our moral and depleting our resources. On the day of the wipe, they came in at 1030 pm eastern, on a sunday night, when most of our guys were trying to go to bed so they could work in the morning, 200 strong verses our 60 remaining guys for a solid 7 hour siege... Talk about a lag fest.. when they figured out we were too strong to wipe conventionally, that's when they had their spy flip the claim and wiped our main base with their mortars. that's when most of us rage quitted, it was 4 am at that point. I would spawn back on a bed every couple hours to see if i could save an island but they still had a 100 chinese people (who were probably just waking up) wiping everything else we had on the grid cycling out each other, keeping the numbers high as they took the grid.
We didn't have a chance.

That's when my company died, none of us had it in us to start again, in the current state of the game. It was kinda a relief really, a few of us lost jobs and relationships over this game, to keep our community going and protect our investments... god damn. it shouldn't be like that. 

I'm excited for the changes too. Maybe my gaming community will come back... thats what im hoping for. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2

lol, so i'm gathering that the point of this post was to illustrate that the changes are not meant to cater to the weak. But really, the argument is lost as you go on and on about how you've been beaten up and dismantled by people better at the game than you. these changes will do nothing other than bring players like you back for another 45 days, until you build up and are re-raided during raid appointments, then rage quit because "this game is ruined by mega tribes, because me and my 5 friends cant survive or find anywhere to build". 

22 hours ago, BoboWarr said:

If being smarter, more strategic, and thinking diplomatically and collaboratively to build your empire is weak I think we have different definitions.

how do you think we build mega tribes?? don't be a hater because you're on the outside looking in. it doesn't take a full time gamer to figure this out. I started out as a solo player, joined a company of 4, merged with a company of 60, built it up to a max of 270ish players, then merged that with a mega. building an empire vs being kind to every beach bob out there are 2 completely different topics of discussion. 

I am 70% excited to see what these changes bring . . . good or bad . . . but don't pretend that the ONLY reason you got your asses kicked was because the rules of the game caused it. If you were shit before . . . . you'll be shit after the changes. I just hope the changes add some fun into the mix for everyone. The game has alot of good qualities in its current state, so i'd like to see the player count continue to grow . . . . not disappear. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

when most of our guys were trying to go to bed so they could work in the morning, 200 strong verses our 60 remaining guys for a solid 7 hour siege... Talk about a lag fest.. when they figured out we were too strong to wipe conventionally, that's when they had their spy flip the claim and wiped our main base. 

I'm in Dynasty (formerly HSBB) and I'm pretty excited for these changes. I think there are a few things they need to sort out or clarify but overall the above issues do need to be fixed. 

I do need to question a couple of things you've raised though. First of all,if you can muster 60 active players after protracted wars and burnout then you are not a small company. 

Secondly, most claims of insiding or DDOS are false. You probably had some tax bobs with their flags set to everyone can build.  DDOS is almost always just servers being overloaded by online player activity, not a nefarious PVP tool that megas use. 

That aside though, this game does need the ark small tribes treatment. There's nothing hard or skilful about being part of a zerg. I have no idea why people are complaining about the 250 cap or that GS are catering to carebears...... Being in a mega is carebear. Its the safest and easiest way to play these games. 

Edited by Smash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Smash said:

I'm in Dynasty (formerly HSBB) and I'm pretty excited for these changes. I think there are a few things they need to sort out or clarify but overall the above issues do need to be fixed. 

I do need to question a couple of things you've raised though. First of all,if you can muster 60 active players after protracted wars and burnout then you are not a small company. 

Secondly, most claims of insiding or DDOS are false. You probably had some tax bobs with their flags set to everyone can build.  DDOS is almost always just servers being overloaded by online player activity, not a nefarious PVP tool that megas use. 

That aside though, this game does need the ark small tribes treatment. There's nothing hard or skilful about being part of a zerg. I have no idea why people are complaining about the 250 cap or that GS are catering to carebears...... Being in a mega is carebear. Its the safest and easiest way to play these games. 

we were friends with one of hsbb leaders and this was like a month and a half ago, way before you merged with them. so you probably werent there. i never mention ddosing because i know it was because of server limitations. I just know the were no flags with "everyone can build" on that island. it was on the side of the island where yall landed. and only one flag. we didn't have tax bobs. we fought back and forth pushing each other up and down the beach for hours, so you couldn't have claimed it regularly. maybe it wasn't a spy but someone who just wanted the pain to end so they could sleep lol... who knows. point is, if it was there, yall didnt notice for 7 hours. 

9 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

lol, so i'm gathering that the point of this post was to illustrate that the changes are not meant to cater to the weak. But really, the argument is lost as you go on and on about how you've been beaten up and dismantled by people better at the game than you. these changes will do nothing other than bring players like you back for another 45 days, until you build up and are re-raided during raid appointments, then rage quit because "this game is ruined by mega tribes, because me and my 5 friends cant survive or find anywhere to build". 

how do you think we build mega tribes?? don't be a hater because you're on the outside looking in. it doesn't take a full time gamer to figure this out. I started out as a solo player, joined a company of 4, merged with a company of 60, built it up to a max of 270ish players, then merged that with a mega. building an empire vs being kind to every beach bob out there are 2 completely different topics of discussion. 

I am 70% excited to see what these changes bring . . . good or bad . . . but don't pretend that the ONLY reason you got your asses kicked was because the rules of the game caused it. If you were shit before . . . . you'll be shit after the changes. I just hope the changes add some fun into the mix for everyone. The game has alot of good qualities in its current state, so i'd like to see the player count continue to grow . . . . not disappear. 

lol you are trippin. Idk if you're talking to me or someone else since you didn't quote anyone, but since your right below my post, i'll assume you're talking to me and don't know what youre talking about lol. i told my story because the guy i quoted said mega's never did anything but run away from a fight, bring their ships to free port and wait till they found an easy target, we weren't an easy target and i wanted to show how mega's manipulated the game. 

First, don't confuse "better" with more members, as they had to bring their entire alliance and get an insider to flip a flag. I'm just sayin that raid wouldn't have happened the way it did, under the new rules. we probably still would have lost in the end because their total numbers were probably 7 times ours, but, they couldn't have offlined our ships every night and we would have been in some actual battles. probably would have taken months to finish us off. which would have been nice instead of only coming in our off hours.
aaaaand now your telling us how you merged into a mega... no one cares.. your just a carebear. They offered us a merge too. we said we aint about that pussy life, and we fought to the death. No balls no glory. we ain't gonna be slaves. Just because you didnt wanna get your shit pushed in you joined that mega. Don't act like you're better than us because you joined them, in fact it's just the opposite. You's just a pussy or maybe you're just a follower. I lead.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

yea, i didn't read your post . . . . .or most of the reply. After speed reading and seeing that you pretty much resort to name calling, and using rude vernaculars to try and prove some sort of point, I'm guessing that you'll last a week with the new system before going back to Apex. It's cool that your tox-ing up the forums tho. good luck with all that. 

Only sustainable for mega's taxing the fuck out of everyone.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, BurgsideTiger said:

Hahaha, I said nothing about getting beat up.  You seem really threatened by the idea that the mega meta is just what the game devolves into due to mechanics as it exists currently.  I am saying that based on having played from solo to mega, and I have played in megas in Ark as well and am saying the developers don't want the game to be about that again here.  Take deep breaths, it will be OK, you just need to learn to play smart in the new paradigm they are creating.  I think that is a good thing, as they have a different vision for this game than the ARK mega paradigm.  Not everyone wants to be in a mega or wiped, which is why only a portion of the player base didn't roll over.  Smart developers want to keep as many players as they can over time.

I think the rule that scares people the most is how a landlord can destroy your structures, and there is nothing you can do about it.  That is something that will have to be changed.  I think something like a war token will have to be used, and the residents you seek to destroy, can do the same to you, during that time period, and they should be able to bring Allies.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:12 AM, BoboWarr said:

Hahaha, I said nothing about getting beat up.  You seem really threatened by the idea that the mega meta is just what the game devolves into due to mechanics as it exists currently.  I am saying that based on having played from solo to mega, and I have played in megas in Ark as well and am saying the developers don't want the game to be about that again here.  Take deep breaths, it will be OK, you just need to learn to play smart in the new paradigm they are creating.  I think that is a good thing, as they have a different vision for this game than the ARK mega paradigm.  Not everyone wants to be in a mega or wiped, which is why only a portion of the player base didn't roll over.  Smart developers want to keep as many players as they can over time.

You and your fancy words. I actually enjoy smaller tribes / companies .. . . 25 or so members. I didn't have this experience in Atlas, but i hated Megas in Ark. It seemed like the same 5 -10 members were online all the time, and got too vested in completing the game before anyone else. I hate feeling like every time i log out, someone else beat the game for me. So I'd rather play with a good group of 25-ish ideally . . . and survive. It does appear that this is the vision behind some of these changes, so I am excited to see what happens. We may see people that start out in a mega tribe, break away and do their own thing with a new, smaller group. This will add a totally different angle to the way people play currently, which could be very cool. 

however, the point i was making is only that the majority of people complaining and demanding a wipe, won't stick around in the end either way. 30 days or less for most. It gets old reading the same posts over and over, "I want to play PVP, but don't raid me unless I'm ready, also don't steal my stuff in this RP castle that I built on the shore" . . . or the ever popular "there's nowhere to build, mega's ruin everything". Enki is an example of this, he knows it . . . which is why he lashed out, expanded on certain details, and thinks that he'll succeed just because of a server wipe, and 15 hours of PVE ONLY time. 106 posts later, and he still cant figure out why he has more Forum posts than PVP kills & Land Claims combined. But I'm sure those problems come from the unconfirmed ddosing, lol. 

• Like 1

I just cant believe the devs want more pve added to the game, sure doesn't keep us active having too much of it. Burn out factors already done, nobody wants to farm forever.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, BurgsideTiger said:

But really, the argument is lost as you go on and on about how you've been beaten up and dismantled by people better at the game than you.

I'm baffled how you think zerg=more skill.