phyreforge

Idea for Devs, ease the players fustration about March 20th Server whipe and Loss of their Pathfinders

Idea to help ease some of the players frustration about the server wipe

if you can't save our Pathfinders lvl's and progression with the March 20th server wipe, maybe give Grandfathered accounts a lvl 50 Pathfinders with skill points that a lvl 50 would have earned. 

So everyone with a Pathfinder made before March 20th will start with a Level 50 Pathfinder and a Golden Berry that gives a 100% tame exp. players can use this berry on an animal of their choice

Maybe something like this would bring in more players knowing if they bought an account now and made their Pathfinder before march 19th, sales will go up and players that have been playing will return after the wipe.

• Like 1

why? You can become lvl 50 in the first day in a few hours. Problem solved?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arykos said:

why? You can become lvl 50 in the first day in a few hours. Problem solved?

Please write a little lvl 50 in a few hours guide. Last time I didn't even try, I just played. It would be helpful this time around as I'd like to get my levels back fast.

go to an island, pick up those treasure maps and do them and repeat

• Like 3

Hello Buck Rider,

You need to get some levels first to have the skill points to start and also a boat (ramshackle from freeport is ok).

Then tame a bear with a decent wild level (20+ not tamed) and craft a shovel (I suggest crafting the shovel first and then respec for taming).

Then make a run around the island collecting every bottle you find. Discard the low quality ones (under 5 or 4 depending on how many you found) and the ones in power stones zones.

Class the remaining ones by servers using folder view in a container. Try to design a route with around 20 maps.

Hop on a boat (Ramshackle will do if you are ok with not keeping the gold) with your bear, the maps and your shovel and proceed to the first treasure (use a map outside the game if you did not discover the area yet). One decent bear should be enough to depop the damned up to journeyman quality maps. If the treasure spot is not accesible on the bear, drop it and go to the next one. While you are looking for the treasures, keep collecting bottles.

That's it.

Best regards.

Albibak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Albibak said:

Hello Buck Rider,

You need to get some levels first to have the skill points to start and also a boat (ramshackle from freeport is ok).

Then tame a bear with a decent wild level (20+ not tamed) and craft a shovel (I suggest crafting the shovel first and then respec for taming).

Then make a run around the island collecting every bottle you find. Discard the low quality ones (under 5 or 4 depending on how many you found) and the ones in power stones zones.

Class the remaining ones by servers using folder view in a container. Try to design a route with around 20 maps.

Hop on a boat (Ramshackle will do if you are ok with not keeping the gold) with your bear, the maps and your shovel and proceed to the first treasure (use a map outside the game if you did not discover the area yet). One decent bear should be enough to depop the damned up to journeyman quality maps. If the treasure spot is not accesible on the bear, drop it and go to the next one. While you are looking for the treasures, keep collecting bottles.

That's it.

Best regards.

Albibak

Good Guide.

The bear will be able to do any map tho (with feasts). And there will be no fog of war anymore, u can see the full map ingame.

For container just put a tannery on the ship (120 slots). In general make use of the respecs.

I kinda disagree with dropping low level tho, if u have more then 6 on an island in your grid, the journey is worth it, just put them all in your hotbar and enjoy the lightshow.

• Like 1

Yeah I've made over 1,000 gold and gotten good XP from level 1-3 crap in less than an hour of killing soldiers of the damned.  I never toss a map.  If its on an island with a bunch more I do it. 

Edited by DocHolliday

13 hours ago, phyreforge said:

if you can't save our Pathfinders lvl's and progression with the March 20th server wipe, maybe give Grandfathered accounts a lvl 50 Pathfinders with skill points that a lvl 50 would have earned. 

So everyone with a Pathfinder made before March 20th will start with a Level 50 Pathfinder and a Golden Berry that gives a 100% tame exp. players can use this berry on an animal of their choice

Maybe something like this would bring in more players knowing if they bought an account now and made their Pathfinder before march 19th, sales will go up and players that have been playing will return after the wipe.

To be honest I have always hated the idea of someone feeling entitled to an advantage. If anything is should be the new incoming players that get the boost.

either that or make the grandfathered people as you say have 1/2x so it is harder for them so the new players can have the advantage for once. That would be the best idea.

your knowledge and experience already gives you an advantage. But hey if someone isn’t good at a game then sure I guess they would need to be 50 levels ahead did someone else 😂

btw, some quick info. New players are way more important than old players. I know some people think that being “loyal” whatever that is makes them entitled to special treatment, but once they have paid their money, their usefulness is simply gone after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, phyreforge said:

it takes 5 seconds to level to 50...... can we stop all the crying already... shits old.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

To be honest I have always hated the idea of someone feeling entitled to an advantage. If anything is should be the new incoming players that get the boost.

either that or make the grandfathered people as you say have 1/2x so it is harder for them so the new players can have the advantage for once. That would be the best idea.

your knowledge and experience already gives you an advantage. But hey if someone isn’t good at a game then sure I guess they would need to be 50 levels ahead did someone else 😂

btw, some quick info. New players are way more important than old players. I know some people think that being “loyal” whatever that is makes them entitled to special treatment, but once they have paid their money, their usefulness is simply gone after that.

actually no, in a business model that relies on microtransactions to maintain servers and continued profit, the invested old players are far more valuable. New players don't invest in cosmetics old established players tend to.

giving an advantage to new players is a sign of a failing game. It shows that they will do anything to boost player numbers because the old players are leaving in droves. Think the buddy bonus in wow, not strictly the same as just a bonus for new players but definitely the first sign that they were concerned that new players weren't joining to replace the ones they were losing.

1 hour ago, microphobe said:

actually no, in a business model that relies on microtransactions to maintain servers and continued profit, the invested old players are far more valuable. New players don't invest in cosmetics old established players tend to.

giving an advantage to new players is a sign of a failing game. It shows that they will do anything to boost player numbers because the old players are leaving in droves. Think the buddy bonus in wow, not strictly the same as just a bonus for new players but definitely the first sign that they were concerned that new players weren't joining to replace the ones they were losing.

Pretty sure it doesn’t hurt to wipe everything. If you personally don’t like the fact that characters are being wiped then just say that, there is no need for the melodrama.  Chill man. It’s just a game. You can get your pixels back. The above meta for levelling past 50 (not that anyone needs that to enjoy the game per se) is tried and tested and endorsed by the majority of players. Bears can tank alpha yetis aswell as gorgons. 

Ive seen a number of your posts today and I don’t know if you’re trolling. The devs don’t hate anyone and there isn’t some conspiracy against anyone. It’s just early access. It can all be expected. Some of your posts have some really good ideas and points. Just chill on the negativity my dude. 

Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Also hello realist. Do you remember me? Have you bought the game yet? Last time we met you were telling me how important your opinion was. Come play atlas buddy. You can join the fun rather than just sitting by the poolside arguing with children. I’ll save you a spot in my company and teach you the ropes. 

Above you can find some  pointers on how to level quickly using a bear (it’s a tamable  mount in atlas) to defeat treasure guardins( NPCS (( Non player characters))  that yield high amounts of Experience Points (( this is used to level up while playing)) )

hope me to see you in game soon man. Drop me a line on NAPVP. 

Edited by Polar Express

35 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Pretty sure it doesn’t hurt to wipe everything. If you personally don’t like the fact that characters are being wiped then just say that, there is no need for the melodrama.  Chill man. It’s just a game. You can get your pixels back. The above meta for levelling past 50 (not that anyone needs that to enjoy the game per se) is tried and tested and endorsed by the majority of players. Bears can tank alpha yetis aswell as gorgons. 

Ive seen a number of your posts today and I don’t know if you’re trolling. The devs don’t hate anyone and there isn’t some conspiracy against anyone. It’s just early access. It can all be expected. Some of your posts have some really good ideas and points. Just chill on the negativity my dude. 

Keep up the good work.

Not opposed to the map/claim wipe, it may be what the game needs to get some new blood or at least some old blood back. Just opposed to the idea of granting the new players some special bonus just because they purchased the game after everyone else.

I dont think i have been serious in any of my conspiracy posts except that I think they are going to merge the na and eu servers but I actually think that would be a good thing as well.

Not really a fan of having my toon deleted though, i think there could have been a better option than just *gone*

• Like 1

Microphobe. All good my dude, I don’t mean for bad blood between us and like I said, your points are good ones. The eu/na merge would definitely be something some players would be onboard with I hope the devs consider it as a third option for server choices. The guy you quoted and replied to above is a troll. Just ignore him. I didn’t realise that until after I re reread your post. Apologies.

Have a good day. 

• Thanks 1

No. To get the old players back everyone needs to start out fresh. Leveling up through treasures is damn easy so you’ll be 50 within the first day. People are exaggerating if it comes to their lvls and their characters. Sure the discovery notes and power stones are gone, but that’s not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No. To get the old players back everyone needs to start out fresh. Leveling up through treasures is damn easy so you’ll be 50 within the first day. People are exaggerating if it comes to their lvls and their characters. Sure the discovery notes and power stones are gone, but that’s not the end of the world. 

Levels be damned! Thats my character and we have shared some good memories and good times. They deserve better than poof and gone. Give us an end of the world fight with perma death, let them die like vikings!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Realist said:

You made my day, never laughed so hard. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Also hello realist. Do you remember me? Have you bought the game yet? Last time we met you were telling me how important your opinion was. Come play atlas buddy. You can join the fun rather than just sitting by the poolside arguing with children. I’ll save you a spot in my company and teach you the ropes. 

Above you can find some  pointers on how to level quickly using a bear (it’s a tamable  mount in atlas) to defeat treasure guardins( NPCS (( Non player characters))  that yield high amounts of Experience Points (( this is used to level up while playing)) )

hope me to see you in game soon man. Drop me a line on NAPVP. 

Don’t worry, once it hits console I will probably be on a lot. When that does happen you should buy a console copy so we can play together.

i am a grinder so I won’t have any problem power leveling. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Don’t worry, once it hits console I will probably be on a lot. When that does happen you should buy a console copy so we can play together.

i am a grinder so I won’t have any problem power leveling. 

Lol I’ll just send you a steam key for it so we can play together 🙂 pretty much besties by now. 

Ill make the grinder profile if you insist. Isn’t there a better way to contact you than that tho? I prefer steam. ; )

Edited by Polar Express
Love is love

1 minute ago, Polar Express said:

Lol I’ll just send you a steam key for it so we can play together 🙂 pretty much besties by now. 

Really don’t think the game would play on my laptop 😂 only go that to do my homework.

well hopefully it comes to co sole soon. Believe me, I am getting pretty bored of all the “you don’t have the game” posts. It’s not my fault lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Albibak said:

Hello Buck Rider,

That's it.

Best regards.

Albibak

Maps are the one thing in game I have not done. I didn't know you could level so fast by them. 

The first time around it took over a month. But I but no effort on leveling. I just burned a lot of time building, sailing looking for land, taming...

Thanks,

Edited by Buck Rider

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Really don’t think the game would play on my laptop 😂 only go that to do my homework.

well hopefully it comes to co sole soon. Believe me, I am getting pretty bored of all the “you don’t have the game” posts. It’s not my fault lol.

Lol we just stirring. Good luck with your studies. 

No hard feelings 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Lol we just stirring. Good luck with your studies. 

No hard feelings 

Yeah definitely no hard feelings. 

Going pretty good so far. I’ll be done in June. The law end of the class is a pretty big pain but it’s going.

really hope this game doesn’t mess up as bad as I am worried it will because I am going to play it lol.

but I’m all reality I like empty servers and I have never had problems with any bugs or glitches. Like literally.

as it stands I am currently playing Conan because I never bothered playing it because of ark. It is still buggy as hell but I just learn to deal with it like it was part of the game.

the worst part about a bad game is bad game mechanics. Bugs can be worked around. Bad mechanics can’t.

looks like they “might” be going in the right direction, but I am still not hopeful. I still want even more tame emphasis.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Realist said:

LMAO, so here you are saying hopefully it comes to console soon, yet on Twitter you troll everyone that asks about console release with things like "Not till at least the end of the year. Just realize it and accept it and then you can stay positive again. Smh", and "Nope. December", and "Going to be a long time before that happens. Probably close to end of the year".

• Like 1