Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Jat et al, since you are paying close attention here is a small but easy point to consider.

So in Ark the color coded quality tiers did not correspond absolutely to higher numerical values. I wasn’t a huge fan but whatever, it didn’t matter much. In Atlas this is completely pointless because of the need for additional kinds of mats as one goes up in tiers. If I have 2 cannon blueprints and one is fine while the other is journeyman and they have the same values numerically, the less demanding fine bp is intrinsically better, which is counterintuitive to everything gamers know.

Dont misunderstand me, I actually love the requirement as one moves up in tiers for not just more mats, but more kinds of mats within a category. Combined with the way the different kinds are spread around the map I think this design choice was actually one of your best design ideas. It is great for encouraging exploration and trade. It’s just that allowing lower tier bp’s to be mathematically superior at times works against this whole idea. Please consider reworking tier value ranges to keep them separate mathematically with higher tiers showing clearly greater values than lower tiers. As it stands presently, only a fool would craft those higher tier bp’s that overlap in stat values with lower tiers. These bp’s at present are worse than worthless.

By the way, the player who finds one of these intrinsically worse higher tier bp’s,crafts from it because he doesn’t know any better yet, then later comes across a superior lower tier bp, that is the guy who feels like the devs are deliberately trying to screw him over.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

my poop in the morning was some kind of soft today

thanks for the attention bud

• Sad 1

dont know if its the case but maybe the higher bp with same or lower stats can be upgraded to a higher level than the lower one.

Anyone know?

Edited by Remo

1 hour ago, Remo said:

dont know if its the case but maybe the higher bp with same or lower stats can be upgraded to a higher level than the lower one.

Anyone know?

High tier blueprints can be shittier in every way then lower tier blueprints, but higher level blueprints have a higher chance of having a high level score to them and more scores (upgrades, stat buffs, etc)

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

High tier blueprints can be shittier in every way then lower tier blueprints, but higher level blueprints have a higher chance of having a high level score to them and more scores (upgrades, stat buffs, etc)

Which is not a system that I perceive any upside to vs straight higher tiers are better. Can anyone put forward any compelling reason why this system would be better?

May not really be worthy enough but here's a couple thoughts...

1. The Fine that has lower requirements than Journeyman but is numerically equal is indeed clearly better.  However, if all I have found in my travels is the Journeyman, with its higher requirements but still better than any base model, I'd rather have the Journeyman than nothing.  It increases the value of the Fine without necessarily always having increases in value be numerical in nature.
  2. Perhaps in the future a bonus could be ascribed to using only blueprints of a certain denomination?  The Journeyman may be inferior in direct comparison due to higher materials list, but when combined with other items from Journeyman BP's, the bonus imparted by the whole makes up for the extra materials needed.

Generally, I think variety and choice is always good.  Sweeping generalization I know, but let's say I have a wide trade network and having the extra mats means nothing to me.  Easy as pie... perhaps at that point I'd rather purchase the cheaper blueprint.

I think the fact that it isn't linear makes it more interesting in the long run.  Just my 0.02

One thing I'd ask for is to at least make sure that bps have at least *some* stat increase. Nothing like getting kicked in the teeth by finding a masterwork carbine bp that has the same damage and durability as the default craft.

• Like 2