Sign in to follow this  
Bladuka

Give an official wipe date

59 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

I guess there running behind schedule on the Captain's Log Now Too.   LOL

Well Jat did say he was thinking of only doing them when they have something new to say, so maybe they won't be planning one for this week.

7 minutes ago, Indywoodtiger said:

Hate to point out the flaw in thinking the 20th, but the game screen says "through the 20th" which actually suggests that it will be implemented on the 21st. 

It actually says "thru 20th" which usually means through TO not through THE. So it's indicating through to the 20th when the update will drop.

13 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It actually says "thru 20th" which usually means through TO not through THE. So it's indicating through to the 20th when the update will drop.

Really?

There is no difference in the word thru and through. One doesn't have a different definition behind it as one is just a shorter version of the other.  Hence if you read something that says now through the 20th, then 23:59 on the 20th would still count. If it was actually planned the 20th then "til" would be there. it's even shorter and actually means the 20th.

Why wipe midweek? That seems pretty perverse timing. (Also irritating that I have no holiday days left and they reset those on April 1st :P)

I'm actually thinking it will probably the first or second week of April, regardless of what is posted anywhere.  If they do it right and even run a test server for a week and then spend a week analyzing the info gathered...it will be at least another two weeks to make changes or completely scrap their ideas cause they sucked.  So my prediction is first half of April.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pizik said:

Why wipe midweek? That seems pretty perverse timing. (Also irritating that I have no holiday days left and they reset those on April 1st :P)

Now thats bad luck

1 hour ago, Indywoodtiger said:

Hate to point out the flaw in thinking the 20th, but the game screen says "through the 20th" which actually suggests that it will be implemented on the 21st. 

it actually says the event is from x date through to 20th , doesnt say anything about going past it , pick out one phrase and make up what u think ity means ?

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

it actually says the event is from x date through to 20th , doesnt say anything about going past it , pick out one phrase and make up what u think ity means ?

"through to" so you must have one blurry monitor since it says "now" (not a date) and then just through March 20. Fire the game up look at the screen then show me a through to.

Also my whole (correct) point was that the date on screen may be 20, but through means that you have a 6x buff UNTIL the 21st since through would mean that all the 20th would be buffed. This is backed by their weekends that sometimes they have til Monday and sometimes through Monday. Now take one guess which phrase they used when the increase lasted until Tuesday??

2 minutes ago, Indywoodtiger said:

"through to" so you must have one blurry monitor since it says "now" (not a date) and then just through March 20. Fire the game up look at the screen then show me a through to.

Also my whole (correct) point was that the date on screen may be 20, but through means that you have a 6x buff UNTIL the 21st since through would mean that all the 20th would be buffed. This is backed by their weekends that sometimes they have til Monday and sometimes through Monday. Now take one guess which phrase they used when the increase lasted until Tuesday??

Ok so we've clarified it says "thru 20th" yet you are incessant that it means "through THE 20th" and disregard entirely that it may mean "through TO 20th". Generally when people say "thru" and a date they usually mean through TO. Therefore 6x through to 20th March when the update is expected to drop.