Sign in to follow this  
Bladuka

Give an official wipe date

Guys like me who love Atlas and was probably playing to much daily cut it almost completely cold turkey once they announced the wipe.  So I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would like a day and rough time they are going to launch and would suggest in the future if you are going to wipe the servers don't make your Player base wait 2-3 weeks as right now when I've gone on I've seen 1-2 people per server as most have left till the wipe. 

• Like 1

what ever they give you its an ETA which means they move it if they want (99% likely to happen)

asking for a date just shows you don´t know the devs behind this. don´t bother even if they give one it happens when it happens. 

just check out how frequently they delay content updates etc. its nothing unusual for WC/grapeshot to do and they also don´t really seem to 

bother holding certain dates. 

if you take holiday to play on the wipe day, don´t do it. if you wait for something from them don´t do it. just spend your time somewhere else

until its done and return. 

just saying, but I told that guys in ARK for over 3 to 4y and still people were asking for precise release dates. so.. what ever tbh

• Like 2

If you guys read when starting the game, it actually says in the bottom right corner of the game screen 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Knivet said:

If you guys read when starting the game, it actually says in the bottom right corner of the game screen 🙂

hey don't give those special hints to complaining people..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arykos said:

hey don't give those special hints to complaining people..

😄

1 hour ago, Bladuka said:

Guys like me who love Atlas and was probably playing to much daily cut it almost completely cold turkey once they announced the wipe.  So I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would like a day and rough time they are going to launch and would suggest in the future if you are going to wipe the servers don't make your Player base wait 2-3 weeks as right now when I've gone on I've seen 1-2 people per server as most have left till the wipe. 

Well, they could pull some date out of their arse for you, but since they consistently miss their own target dates what would be the point? If it would make you feel better though I'll give you one: April 12th. That is totally 100% maybe probably the day it's going to happen. Possibly. Or early May. Then again things happen. Soooo looking more like late June. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Asking for a actual wipe date from this dev team is pointless.  They have never been on time for anything in the past and every date they have ever set has been changed.  After seeing their streams its quite clear they are not very organized or professional.  Its kinda like a bunch of kids at recess, so I would treat it as such.  Just play something else till they wipe like the rest of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Asking for a actual wipe date from this dev team is pointless.  They have never been on time for anything in the past and every date they have ever set has been changed.  After seeing their streams its quite clear they are not very organized or professional.  Its kinda like a bunch of kids at recess, so I would treat it as such.  Just play something else till they wipe like the rest of us.

ok, thanks for your worthless opinion noone gives a shit about.

you can talk when u got a company like that little boy, make it better instead of cry with your tears

5 minutes ago, Arykos said:

ok, thanks for your worthless opinion noone gives a shit about.

you can talk when u got a company like that little boy, make it better instead of cry with your tears

I disagree I think allot of people think this dev team is incompetent.  And asking about a set date for a wipe from a team that cannot keep any dates is fruitless.  But hey thanks for your worthless opinion about my worthless opinion.  Cheers...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sgzeroone said:

I disagree I think allot of people think this dev team is incompetent.  And asking about a set date for a wipe from a team that cannot keep any dates is fruitless.  But hey thanks for your worthless opinion about my worthless opinion.  Cheers...

welcome to gaming industry, seems like you didn't play much games before

its on the loading screen , 20th march , 

• Like 1

I don't know if these people are incompetent or not. I get the feeling that this is a really small company that took on a big project, maybe a bigger bite than they can chew. It may just be that they don't have the manpower that they need and are trying to get by without hiring.

After all that has happened, I'd bet they do release on time, on the 20th. But if not ready, the release will not have all the items on the list, or just not all working. They have to break this pattern. That last live stream looked to me like they were trying very hard to hide the tension. But I could be wrong.

Didn't they say there would be a test server before patch? We don't even have a date for that.

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

LMAO people constantly say nothing is delivered on time, yet plenty of stuff has, stop lieing to make your argument.

The date for the next big patch along with the wipe is 20th March.

So you are taking bets on the 20th of march ? 😜

Buddy, these devs never ever in history kept ANY time schedule.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, znasser said:

Didn't they say there would be a test server before patch? We don't even have a date for that.

It is at least a week out. Are you planning to schedule vacation time or something? Do you really need to know more than a few days in advance or is this something else to complain about?

10 hours ago, Talono said:

So you are taking bets on the 20th of march ? 😜

Buddy, these devs never ever in history kept ANY time schedule.

I'm not taking bets no, did I say anything about bets.

And again they have hit schedules before but trolls like you ignore when they do and pretend it never happed.

9 hours ago, wildbill said:

It is at least a week out. Are you planning to schedule vacation time or something? Do you really need to know more than a few days in advance or is this something else to complain about?

When you have a game with thousands of players you have different kind of personalities. Evidently a lot of people have some kind of breakdown when they don’t know a release date or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wildbill said:

where's the complaint? i don't see it. don't be so jumpy dude, relax. I'm gonna rephrase so you are able to understand what i wanted to say. If they don't have a schedule for a test yet, and they've said they want to mass test it before release, how could you expect an exact date for the real patch. 

1 hour ago, znasser said:

where's the complaint? i don't see it. don't be so jumpy dude, relax. I'm gonna rephrase so you are able to understand what i wanted to say. If they don't have a schedule for a test yet, and they've said they want to mass test it before release, how could you expect an exact date for the real patch. 

Well there should be a Captain's Log today, well usually Wednesday, so hopefully they'll have a PTR date in that.

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well there should be a Captain's Log today, well usually Wednesday, so hopefully they'll have a PTR date in that.

I guess there running behind schedule on the Captain's Log Now Too.   LOL

43 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

I guess there running behind schedule on the Captain's Log Now Too.   LOL

if they are clever they wait until next week when they can announce something

Hate to point out the flaw in thinking the 20th, but the game screen says "through the 20th" which actually suggests that it will be implemented on the 21st.