Sign in to follow this  
Sturmberg World Bank

REMOVING MINIGAMES FROM ATLAS

30 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

Someone else knows the reason behind the mini-game, besides myself right?  I for one want ALL THE PRACTICE in the world with the damn thing ... so when they introduce the dueling mechanic I have the edge and can reload a couple seconds faster then y'all and shoot you while curse your in-ability to time the clicks.

Sorry but whenever anyone mentions dueling, all I can think of is this classic scene from the original Highlander.

Edited by boomervoncannon

On 3/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, Thor Ragnarock said:

There is enough other things going on in pvp than to juggle that as well.

I cannot tell you how many times I started reloading and lost sight of the person(s) I was fighting against due to having to watch that damn mini-game.  So annoying.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, DocHolliday said:

I cannot tell you how many times I started reloading and lost sight of the person(s) I was fighting against due to having to watch that damn mini-game.  So annoying.

This happened to me to man with animals, i was gettin crazy about it. Shootin is something very important and it should make more fun, to use a gun. Thats why most people using bow, because gun=pain

Seems ridiculous to be in a fight for your life and , Oh, let's stop and have a mini-game.

At least if they're going to make us stop mid-fight to play a min-game, it should be something interesting.

I vote for a tower defense like Pirates vs. Zombies

or match 3 like Kraken Crush.

I always hated those mini games when I played, I didn't see the point in doing that for water, reloading guns etc. The game would run better without those things and just use the buttons to reload. Personally I think they ruined the experience putting that idea in there.

well i can understand mini games like in deus x cracking computers and door locks, but tbh i find that the mini games in atlas kill the immersion , its jarringly out of place especially in combat or repairs.

yep get rid of it. its probably an idea they had eating space cake

problem is they are powder guns. It takes time to reload and they are 1 load, 1shot. I mean if you want an reload animation after each shot instead of a minigame to improve the shot, I am sure they could do that easily.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:28 AM, Percieval said:

3 clicks too hard? 

The problem is that it is immersion breaking.  Here you are, sailing on the most realistic water I have ever seen in a game, and in a cool looking ship with props that look pretty good, and suddenly, you need to repair, or reload your gun, and when you do, this Pong style graphic pops onto your screen.  It pulls me right out of the immersion every time.  Why not a more realistic, skill based minigame.  You reload, and you have to actually line up the ball with the muzzle, and click to drop it in, etc...  And for the repair, you have to plug holes, etc...  For water, why not have us look for a wet spot of ground, or some other sign that we can find water there.  Let his be randomly generated somehow.   I understand there are bigger fish to fry, but I really would like to see these minigames end up being placeholders for something much better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The problem is that it is immersion breaking.  Here you are, sailing on the most realistic water I have ever seen in a game, and in a cool looking ship with props that look pretty good, and suddenly, you need to repair, or reload your gun, and when you do, this Pong style graphic pops onto your screen.  It pulls me right out of the immersion every time.  Why not a more realistic, skill based minigame.  You reload, and you have to actually line up the ball with the muzzle, and click to drop it in, etc...  And for the repair, you have to plug holes, etc...  For water, why not have us look for a wet spot of ground, or some other sign that we can find water there.  Let his be randomly generated somehow.   I understand there are bigger fish to fry, but I really would like to see these minigames end up being placeholders for something much better.

I hadn’t really considered this, but I hope you’re right and I don’t even much care about immersion. I just think that the mini games could be better and hope they do at some point.

I agree, and I think it's likely the minigames are placeholders. Get the mechanisms working under the hood and then just copy and paste the graphic on it until they're at a point that they can put more time and thought into it. Likely the minigames will still work in much the same way, but hopefully with a better, more appropriate graphic/animation.

The mini-games do break the flow of the game. The weapon mini-games is one of the first things we removed form our unofficial server right away with weapon mods.  The game is a lot more fun without.  😄

Edited by RenWmn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 5:14 AM, boomervoncannon said:

*waves cane menacingly*

YOU KIDS GET OFF MAH DAMN LAWN!!

*fails cane waving mini game, falls off porch and breaks hip*

Damn straight but the mini games adds a little complexity...kids these days...

I am no spring chicken and I hate the damn mini games.  Every time one pops up I curse under my breath. 

*shakes cane at others shaking canes for other reasons*

Edited by DocHolliday

Reloading mini game only helps the larger groups to win albeit indirectly. I am all for removing it, and making perks increase loading speed, and that's all.