Sign in to follow this  
Sturmberg World Bank

REMOVING MINIGAMES FROM ATLAS

Right now they are twice as annoying due to unstable framerate, unstable ping and glitches. Like you hit your repair hammer and nothing happen. You push LMB again and you not swipe your hammer at all but suddenly mini-game appears (my girl screams WOW as a girl when success and do uh-uh with a bass male voice when falls : ))

And... of course there is just no information about - what advantage I get if I success.

• Like 2

I dont know about you guys, but i was watching the devs stream, the moment when Jat and this other dev guy, were talking about adding a mini game to fire arrows, made me very angry and agressive. I ask myself if they really know, how we feel about this annoying game mechanic!

• Like 1

I just ignore mini-games. I can't believe someone thought they were a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No I like them.. 

Especially for reloading a gun..  you can ignore and reload in the default time.. or do the mini game and reload a bit faster..

Would have been a good idea o have it fire fire arrows as well.. fuck it up and you set yourself on fire ;

4 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I just ignore mini-games. I can't believe someone thought they were a good idea.

so do i i just let the guns reload , never failed yet so for a second faster reload cant see the point of the mini game

41 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

No I like them.. 

Especially for reloading a gun..  you can ignore and reload in the default time.. or do the mini game and reload a bit faster..

Would have been a good idea o have it fire fire arrows as well.. fuck it up and you set yourself on fire ;

looks like troll inc.  irony off

If you have all the buffs you can reload quite a bit quicker than default. But I too agree the minigame itself was a stupid concept and never belonged in the game to begin with. The skills buffing reload speed etc sure makes sense. The mini game doesn't. This also applies to the farming mini game to increase growth and yield. Mind you the farming game is even MORE annoying than the reload one because the speed is random sometimes its SUPER fast and sometimes it's like Molasses. Sometimes the area to hit is right next to where the slider spawns so by the time your brain even registers it on the screen it's already moving past the spot to click it. You could easily crank up the stamina drain for drawing and holding a drawn bow. Holding a high weight bow of this style takes a lot of effort to maintain when drawn. The gun reload minigame thing isn't really needed, apply skills that increase the speed and keep it simple like reloading mortars, cannons and swivels. There is enough other things going on in pvp than to juggle that as well. I don't think the farming game has to go although I wouldn't mind some other form of effort to increase the growth or yield. If you keep it add to each tier a bigger bar and slow down the speed of the slider for each tier like the other things do. Also the repair minigame bonuses towards making it easier to hit the correct area seem borked to me half the time it barely increases the correct region and the slider is also of varying speeds. I would like to see this reworked somehow as well. Maybe click a spot on the screen where water is leaking in, manually applying a plug or something to stop the water inflow and some other form on on screen activity to save resources and speed up the repair. The slider minigame just infuriates me, although maybe that's the purpose to take my already stressful situation and make me even more stressed out.

• Like 2

I mean, what mmo/fps have you played where a minigame popped up to reload a gun? Usually you just hit r and your guy does the job. There isn't a need to reinvent the wheel here. Click R, guy reloads. Perks increase x,y,z, K.I.S.S.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

3 clicks too hard? 

not about the amount of clicks it just has no place in an mmo , press R gun reloads end of ,

• Like 1

I hate that mini game. I think they discriminate against old people. I'm too damn slow to click that thing right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

I hate that mini game. I think they discriminate against old people. I'm too damn slow to click that thing right.

*waves cane menacingly*

YOU KIDS GET OFF MAH DAMN LAWN!!

*fails cane waving mini game, falls off porch and breaks hip*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*waves cane menacingly*

YOU KIDS GET OFF MAH DAMN LAWN!!

*fails cane waving mini game, falls off porch and breaks hip*

*Wakes up from my mini nap game and sees you on the ground... presses the button for the nurse*

1 hour ago, UDO said:

not about the amount of clicks it just has no place in an mmo , press R gun reloads end of ,

You can. You don’t need to play the minigames. The time is good, it’s realistic. Minigames just make them faster. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You can. You don’t need to play the minigames. The time is good, it’s realistic. Minigames just make them faster. 

I need a mini game for traffic lights. I write about a third of my posts in my car on iPad waiting for lights to change so the car in front of me will go.

yes please, remove every shitty mini game

water mini game

reload mini game

feeding / taming mini game

repair mini game (can stay maybe, still is annoying if you are in a pressure situation)

just remove EVERY single mini game which was super lazy implemented 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I need a mini game for traffic lights. I write about a third of my posts in my car on iPad waiting for lights to change so the car in front of me will go.

That makes 50 bucks my friend. you can send me via paypal

21 minutes ago, Arykos said:

That makes 50 bucks my friend. you can send me via paypal

Oh wow, look at the time!  Gotta go.

You kids be good.

If you can’t be good, be safe.

If you cant be safe, name it after me.

In a skilled character based RPG - minigames do not make sense because the have nothing to do with the character and everything to do with the player. 

I am a skilled blacksmith but because I have a crappy wireless mouse with bad internet lag, I cannot hit and shape anything?   Yes this is not in the game atm but lets not go there.

If you want a FPS where player skill determines combat outcomes - then get rid of character skills entirely.  You simply cannot have it both ways.  Either it is a character skills RPG or it is a player skills FPS.

Although it is useful to have active systems to combat bots, there are ways to do it that do not require twitch reflexes.

Edited by krazmuze

Please drop the minigame, it is just annoying and prefers girls as they are capable of multitasking.

Someone else knows the reason behind the mini-game, besides myself right?  I for one want ALL THE PRACTICE in the world with the damn thing ... so when they introduce the dueling mechanic I have the edge and can reload a couple seconds faster then y'all and shoot you while curse your in-ability to time the clicks.