Sign in to follow this  
Sturmberg World Bank

Ship of the damned Squads(Making it more worse)

We all already complained about the insane amount of ships of the damned and that they are to strong to defeat. Making them smaller and less powerful is a good step into the right direction, putting them in squads is making 5 steps back. You should be always able with a transport galleon to out sail them. At the moment its sometimes not possible with the amount of SOTDS because they sail to close to each other. If we have SOTD squads of 2-4 ships, the amount of space they need to sail and the radius will be insane and you cant out sail them because they always change theire direction. One SOTD its not easy to know where its gonna drive next but with a couple SOTDs at the same time its nearly impossible to out sail them.

• Like 1

The question here is - will they be doing their random purposeless circles? Will they do it as a squad in a formation or they do it separately from each other? And... of course DEVs told that they wont be more difficult to deal with, that means - they rebalance them. And... do not forget about new shipyard and ships buffs : ))

insane amount of ships of the damned and that they are to strong to defeat.

Well... in my SOLO experience, Brig (just usual one with 2 extra deck cannons, no louvers, no shotgun, but with 170% sturdiness and -40% sinking in captaining) can deal with SotD up to lvl 36 (maybe even 40 but I didn't meet one). While a Galley (default one... well with a 26 fine guns 118% damage) can take down SotD up to lvl 60. So it turned out for me - they are not that difficult to defeat (I even survive and won battle Brig against 2 SotD at once. One was lvl-35 another lvl-22. I was heavily damaged, lost one sail, but survived : )

Edited by George Catcher

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

they are not that difficult to defeat

Exactly, I dont know why people are crying for a re-nerf of the nerf that got nerfed here. Jeez they are not hard to kill, there is not that many of them, and for christs sake its a pirate game so go shoot something.

• Like 2

Understand your point, but cruisin around all the time with a battle ship is not relaxing sailing like with a transport ship or a ship which is build to be fancy. There should always be a way to sail in peace and relaxing.  Imagine the difficulty of sailing with a transport galleon 70% loaded, without ugly roofs which sorrounding it. Its ok to have a challenge ,if you search for it with your ship, but for those things,  there's whales and higher SOTDs in the game. Casual player without special blueprints and ships or skills, should be able to sail without losing theire stuff.

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg

Casual player without special blueprints and ships or skills, should be able to sail without losing theire stuff.

That's who I'm actually. And I fought them with just usual Brig. No designs at all. No louvers. No shotguns. No big cannons. No tactics like kiting etc. I had just a common Brig. 6 guns in gunports. 2 additional cannons on a deck. And that's it.  Swim by. Shoot. Turnaround. Repeat.

But anyway I do understand that "relaxing sailing" idea. So if it's possible - consider to sail along the border, close to it. This one is safe route and you will probably meet 2-3 SotD's each grid you wont even need to dodge. The only threat is monstrous whales but they are in x1 and x15 grids only.

Put 4 cannons on the back of any ship schooner on up, I personally run 6, and you can kite anything.   SoD are not hard.  This game requires some effort.  I play solo.

Edit: also I don't use blueprints. 

Edited by Vonhelswag

Im sorry but i just sail right through them, they only fire one maybe two volleys before im out of range again. Whether im in my heavily burdenned gally, my battle brig or my schooner.

It is easy to turn if you just want to avoid them if you are worried about what direction they will turn then you just arent going around enough, unless your in a galleon then its a bit harder but in a galleon you honestly shoukd just go right through them. 

A few large cannons and you can easjly outrange them if you wish to actually fight them.

Honestly if your losing ships to a ship of the damned you need to get more experience with a hammer, carry planks, and just sail through or around em. Ive disconnected and been smashed by a level 60 and lost my middle sail.... always the middle sail, and i can still outsail and outrun it. 

Btw all common except for my battle brig which has 6 150% cannons on each side

Edited by bluelance

4 minutes ago, bluelance said:

Im sorry but i just sail right through them, they only fire one maybe two volleys before im out of range again. Whether im in my heavily burdenned gally, my battle brig or my schooner.

It is easy to turn if you just want to avoid them if you are worried about what direction they will turn then you just arent going around enough, unless your in a galleon then its a bit harder but in a galleon you honestly shoukd just go right through them. 

A few large cannons and you can easjly outrange them if you wish to actually fight them.

Honestly if your losing ships to a ship of the damned you need to get more experience with a hammer, carry planks, and just sail through or around em. Ive disconnected and been smashed by a level 60 and lost my middle sail.... always the middle sail, and i can still outsail and outrun it. 

Btw all common except for my battle brig which has 6 150% cannons on each side

I’m pretty sure they’re talking about the SoTD in the upcoming patch. 

Did you see the broadside from the SotD galleon?  😧

That’s the only thing that I fear.

Currently I sail straight through SotDs without much thought on my galley. Even if you try to avoid fire it’s not always possible. 

Unless they change the turn speed on galleys I’ll be sticking to brigs (I prefer them anyways).

I understand your concern.  as long as there are only one or two of these groups per grid it shouldn't be an issue.  I dont like the idea of multiple SoTD traveling in a pack. 

I DO think this would be perfect for another idea I had.  Tresure maps at Sea.  you find your message in a bottle as normal as instead of showing the gird and island picture, it gives you a message that " blah blah Ship was sunk in the NE area of H12."  when you get to that area you'll see the same red marker like a tresure map,  when you get to a certain range the a group of SoTD will spawn in a pack like the dev described in the live stream.  once you take care of the group of SoTD you can dive down to a ship wreck at the red marker and open the tresure box.  When the box opens it splits everything with everyone with in X range like a normal tresure map.  Depending on the quality and level of the map you might get one or two small SoTD, or a big pack with a mix of small, medium, and large higher level SoTDs.

This  would give companys more reasons to get multiple ships together to do something .