Tindalen

They are looking at the claim system on PVE.

They have heard our concerns and are looking into ways to eliminate griefing as well as the claim system on PvE.

Here is the unedited conversation. It appears they care, and as I have hoped, are simply very busy.

From Atlas channel in the atlas discord:

image.png.17a135c0d283c00a4c9dd538ec7ce0e4.png

From private messages:
image.png.aeb778a5e75916c33e27e95029ce8d84.png

The link provided: 

Edited by Tindalen
  • Like 1

It almost sounds like they are surprised that we conclude global lawless when they said no more claim flags in PvE.  Maybe we jumped to conclusions, but I'm not sure what other conclusion we could have drawn from such a small amount of info at the time.

11 hours ago, Tindalen said:

They have heard our concerns and are looking into ways to eliminate griefing as well as the claim system on PvE.

Here is the unedited conversation. It appears they care, and as I have hoped, are simply very busy.

Sorry, but i cant agree with you...

If that was true, they have "asked" before dropping the "bomb" about the FULL WIPE and the new (stupid) PVE system.

They aren't listening to us (community), they are REACTING to the fact that most ppl just stopped playing and aren't interested in return after the new changes. 

Personally i stopped playing until i see what they decide to do, thers no point on loosing time playing if servers will be wiped + character progress.

4 hours ago, cloWandering said:

It almost sounds like they are surprised that we conclude global lawless when they said no more claim flags in PvE.  Maybe we jumped to conclusions, but I'm not sure what other conclusion we could have drawn from such a small amount of info at the time.

The conclusion of lawless everywhere is not jumping to conclusions - that is stated right here in the meager three bullets they spent on PVE.

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

No claim flags means like lawless

Damage decay overtime means like lawless

Only the auto-repair is new and not like lawless, as it is for grids outside lawless (per the VOD)

Their new restatements are only saying they are reconsidering their plans regarding (no) claiming; this is because of the massive outrage over the PVE plans. 

They could have the auto-repair structure also have a no-build radius and it would perform exactly like a flag with upkeep would (if it also does not block spawns)  They could even add their new improved wavy flag to it, with the drawing and painting import features they spent all that time on.   They could even delete the auto-repair structure and just use a flag that would fit better into your base design....

But it is proven circular flags just cause overlap gap problems, and it is well known that trolls do not care about expense.   So a hex grid that allows you to claim your nobuild area would be a better system and limits on these flags will stop the trolls more than time, materials or gold would.

They could have limits to how many you can have per player, company, islands grid.  However if the upkeep comes from the tax bank there needs to be a way to revolt and not pay taxes to kick out the island owner so that the slaves can win their freedom.  On PVP that is thru fighting physically, on PVE it could be done by fighting economically (stop paying taxes)

Edited by krazmuze

40 minutes ago, trev2000 said:

They aren't listening to us (community), they are REACTING to the fact that most ppl just stopped playing and aren't interested in return after the new changes. 

Just to prove what im saying... ATLAS its almoust out of the STEAM TOP 100.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Active players    4.884

Pick last 48h      6.004

Edited by trev2000

50 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

The conclusion of lawless everywhere is not jumping to conclusions - that is stated right here in the meager three bullets they spent on PVE.

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

No claim flags means like lawless

Damage decay overtime means like lawless

Only the auto-repair is new and not like lawless, as it is for grids outside lawless (per the VOD)

Their new restatements are only saying they are reconsidering their plans regarding (no) claiming; this is because of the massive outrage over the PVE plans. 

They could have the auto-repair structure also have a no-build radius and it would perform exactly like a flag with upkeep would (if it also does not block spawns)  They could even add their new improved wavy flag to it, with the drawing and painting import features they spent all that time on.   They could even delete the auto-repair structure and just use a flag that would fit better into your base design....

But it is proven circular flags just cause overlap gap problems, and it is well known that trolls do not care about expense.   So a hex grid that allows you to claim your nobuild area would be a better system and limits on these flags will stop the trolls more than time, materials or gold would.

They could have limits to how many you can have per player, company, islands grid.  However if the upkeep comes from the tax bank there needs to be a way to revolt and not pay taxes to kick out the island owner so that the slaves can win their freedom.  On PVP that is thru fighting physically, on PVE it could be done by fighting economically (stop paying taxes)

"Massive"?

Only 5k players are even still playing compared to the almost 60k at launch...

Would you mind defining what exactly "massive" means (to you) when talking about community outrage taking into account the literal "massive" reduction of the game population in general?

Atlas8.png

• Like 1

I hope and pray I don't come back to the game blocked in on an island.

How will the shipyards work if you only have 1 flag? You would have to put it near sea to build shipyard but everyone is just going to plant their flags around the shore and nobody will be able to build a shipyard for their ships.

People will be forced to leave the game yet again, do not allow flags on the shore, only allow them inland. I don't know, there is so many problems and when you solve one another 3 pop up, I get the pain the team are having right now.

2 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Would you mind defining what exactly "massive" means (to you) when talking about community outrage taking into account the literal "massive" reduction of the game population in general?

It was massive enough response on all platforms as well as those who said "that is it I am out" when the system changes were announced, as well as the clear market response that there was a massive reduction in game population with the original systems.

It was massive enough feedback that devs felt the need to speak up and say they are taking the feedback into consideration regarding flag claiming - which is very different than their prior redesign  of PVE is no flags.  They knew what they had was not working, and they clearly have heard that those of us that remain think their new plan was not going to work either.

So you can harp about semantics about what massive means, or you can hope they do not dump a massive change nobody wants because they did not really listen. 

Surely you do not mean to say the response was not massive enough and should be ignored?

Edited by krazmuze

30 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

It was massive enough response on all platforms as well as those who said "that is it I am out" when the system changes were announced, as well as the clear market response that there was a massive reduction in game population with the original systems.

It was massive enough feedback that devs felt the need to speak up and say they are taking the feedback into consideration regarding flag claiming - which is very different than their prior redesign  of PVE is no flags.  They knew what they had was not working, and they clearly have heard that those of us that remain think their new plan was not going to work either.

So you can harp about semantics about what massive means, or you can hope they do not dump a massive change nobody wants because they did not really listen. 

Surely you do not mean to say the response was not massive enough and should be ignored?

1. All platforms?  It's only out on PC

2. Of course they responded, they didn't wanna lose the last few players left in the game abruptly before the wipe so they can continue testing for the people coming back.

3. They haven't actually "spoke up" about anything...  Dollie said she'd "let the team know" and "they hear you".  Where and when did they say they cared? They did say they didn't care about the low population "for now" meaning the real plan is to get back as many of those that left as they can.

4. It's exactly what i'm saying. The changes will almost surely bring back more players than they'll lose to them. Even if a fraction of 5-10% left the game the 5-10% that comes back will far outweigh those that leave.

Im personally concerned about the auto decay prevention building.  Say we went through the trouble of making the stone structures.  Whos gonna want to keep getting the crappy new materials needed to maintain it.   Stone structures will be even more scarce now imo.

Well it's good they are looking into it with possible solutions down the road and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, this wipe is turning into to be more of a relaunch which is a good thing, these devs have given themselves a lot of work to do 😛

5 hours ago, Wardemon said:

Im personally concerned about the auto decay prevention building.  Say we went through the trouble of making the stone structures.  Whos gonna want to keep getting the crappy new materials needed to maintain it.   Stone structures will be even more scarce now imo.

I am hoping that stone should need the least upkeep, were thatch needs the most.    The cheaper to put down, the more the upkeep.

I don't understand what the issue is - its so simple its painful. 

Set a foundation and you have a space within which you can build. Each island has a set number of spaces that can have a foundation built upon them. Only buildings decay and over say 7 days. Animals die if you don't feed them obviously or go rogue after the seven days and their housing decays. One/two foundation per person per island. All ships anchored should have no decay, else you will need freeport banks so we can store our gear. Auto destruct upon decay of all buildings. Set a foundation and no-one else can build in your space.

Edited by hands solo

4 hours ago, hands solo said:

I don't understand what the issue is - its so simple its painful. 

Set a foundation and you have a space within which you can build. Each island has a set number of spaces that can have a foundation built upon them. Only buildings decay and over say 7 days. Animals die if you don't feed them obviously or go rogue after the seven days and their housing decays. One/two foundation per person per island. All ships anchored should have no decay, else you will need freeport banks so we can store our gear. Auto destruct upon decay of all buildings. Set a foundation and no-one else can build in your space.

keep flags limited per company depending on amount of members , solves all claim issue in one sentence , 

theyvare adding more more islands as well with a flag limit per company there will be more than enough for everyone 

• Like 1

Would be prudent to put a flag limit per company that was dependent on ACTIVE players per company. The definition of active would have to be determined but let's be honest, how many companies are 2-5x bigger than they actually are if you look at who has played in the last 30 days. 

I am not stating for a company to lose a claim mind you just if you get say 93 and 50 aren't active. If you don't base it on active players then in just 7 people you could qualify for additional claim yet only have 50 actual players.