Abysian

Official tweets ( update 18/03 )

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

I don't see a problem with her post after watching the video.

~Lotus

again its not about the video, its the statement dollie made and the perception of it thats the problem. personally it makes her sound like just another dbag. and it worries me that grapeshot doesnt see a problem with what dollie said.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaulerTGD said:

again its not about the video, its the statement dollie made and the perception of it thats the problem. personally it makes her sound like just another dbag. and it worries me that grapeshot doesnt see a problem with what dollie said.

Her post is like poetry to me, I don't know if she intended it or not.

The name of the video is trolling mega-nerds on atlas. Her statement is saying if I wasn't working this is what I would be doing. I imagine she works a lot and doesn't get to really enjoy the game she is helping to build.

So again I see nothing wrong with what she said.

For Grapeshot's response to the post is nobody's business but Dollie and her supervisor(s). Which is the professional thing to do.

~Lotus

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MaulerTGD said:

Why so serious?

She's a gamer, go pick apart the potus tweets, there's what unprofessional looks like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leave the poor nerds be. People can not help what they are and sure as heck won’t pretend to be something else. If you dislike them, at least do not grief them😘

• Like 1

Community Managers were pretty active today on Discord..

I would really like to see another channel in discord/forums which records CM/Dev messages to discord/forums... a la dev tracker threads on other MMO/Gaming forums...

Anyhow, some tidbits from the discord, sorry just threw it together quickly whilst waiting for my conan and mods to update 🙂

--------------------------------

(Community Question) Charr

Today at 2:06 PM

yeah the timeline wasn't ideal, but there were arguments for announcing it earlier, and for later. ultimately they chose the route of transparency and although it might suck for the time being, i think it was the right choice if they announced it 2 weeks later, would it really have made that much of a difference?

(Community Manager Answer) Dollie

Today at 2:07 PM

Hmm, we discussed this internally at length. We had two options: full transparency regarding the wipe + time for fill players in on the plans so we could get feedback whilst being aware numbers would drop in the interim vs waiting until the last minute to drop the news of the wipe in order to keep player count up. The second option may have been smart business-wise in the very short term...

but it felt scummy and also would have removed the time frame for player feedback on the significant changes

(Community Question) NUMBERS DONT LIE

Today at 2:03 PM

@Dollie Does the thousands of players lost per month not concern you guys? I mean I get it - you already cashed in on us all, but like we're doing to like 4-5,000 people

Today at 2:09 PM

@NUMBERS DONT LIE nah, we're not too concerned about numbers at the moment, we have a long developmental pipeline ahead of us and this is just the beginning. Also, there are elements that may not be fully known by players at present.

(Community Question) DJ DeB

Today at 2:10 PM

it just sucks we werent given anything to do in game for 20 or more days

Today at 2:11 PM

I understand that it feels like forever. I'm hyped to get back into it too.

@Dollie is PTR for sure the 20th?

Today at 2:12 PM

We'll have info on the PTR in the next Cap's Log @DJ DeB

im not bad mouthing the devs, this game is fricken awesome. best time ive had playing a game in a while. just not having an incentive to play for 20 days just takes that fun away

Today at 2:14 PM

I don't mind the negativity that comes in at times, usually when people complain it's because they care anyway, time to get back to it, take it easy guys

---------------

(Community Manager Comment)

The PTR will be out prior to the wipe and is planned for approx the week of the 20th. The wipe is not planned for the 20th.

Community question

will the test have everything that will be included with the new patch the new map etc?

Yes, including Eastern Tundra and additional islands. We will be hosting multiple smaller clusters for the PTR. @lucifer

Community question

@Dollie If the PTR is week of the 20th, and captains log is the 21st (technically), should we expect it after?

(Community Manager Answer)

We plan to have the Cap's log out earlier in the week, yes

------------------

(Community Question) Baragnar Bronzebeard

Today at 5:22 PM

Open letter to @Dollie @Jat and everyone else at Grapeshot. I love your game, i absolutely love it. Its my new Ark, but please, if the coding for the wipe and the new map has been done, even if there are other things thats not yet quite completed, but not necessary for the wipe to be implemented, im willing to wait longer for that, im pretty sure thats the opinion for most. Just drop the wipe patch, please! I sailed yesterday though several servers, and i was the only one there, the world is dead, save for a few containing the remnants of mega companies still battling each other with skeleton crews. I want to see the game ressurected again, i know its coming, but the wait is unbearable! All my friends have just about quit playing, migrating to other survival type games. Please! Drop the wipe patch, let the world start anew!

(Community Manager Answer) Jat

Today at 5:25 PM

I appreciate your enthusiasm @Baragnar Bronzebeard and we're pretty keen to get it out as soon as possible to y'all too, but the reason it's not available now is simply because it isn't ready yet, not because we're holding it for some arbitrary reason. Once it's good to go and passed our internal checks, it'll enter the PTR phase and from there make it's way onto the live network.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, MrMagoo said:

Wow, this is really an eye opener for me. You would never expect a member of the team to endorse trolling or exploiting.

This now explains alot to me why they have ignored cheaters and exploiters.

I have to say i have no faith in this team at all if this is their views. Very disappointed to see this, was abit deflating to be honest.

It wasn't even real trolling.

If you don't understand the fear behind Dollie's comment then you might not have experienced Rust and how almost every decent person there was chased out by Adderall riddled script kiddies and people that never matured beyond that point. "Trolling" was what they used to hide their sadism. When pissing people off is your main goal why not cheat and exploit!? It's not like you are trying to world build with people... just trolling...

It got bad and the devs of Rust were very complicit with cheating (I'm pretty sure it was a secondary revenue stream for them through a guy they had on their Jira that I know tested cheats using a kiddie crew). In the end they lost countless players due to it and were left with a community that is inherently annoying and immature. But Atlas won't survive that. People came here for a MMO and not another survival abuse sim.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gypsy said:

If you don't understand the fear behind Dollie's comment then you might not have experienced Rust and how almost every decent person there was chased out by Adderall riddled script kiddies and people that never matured beyond that point. "Trolling" was what they used to hide their sadism. When pissing people off is your main goal why not cheat and exploit!? It's not like you are trying to world build with people... just trolling...

It got bad and the devs of Rust were very complicit with cheating (I'm pretty sure it was a secondary revenue stream for them through a guy they had on their Jira that I know tested cheats using a kiddie crew). In the end they lost countless players due to it and were left with a community that is inherently annoying and immature. But Atlas won't survive that. People came here for a MMO and not another survival abuse sim.

Well, you need to counter adderall with modafinil of your own lmao.

I'll never understand why game companies rely on Shitter over their own forums.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:21 AM, MisterMyztik said:

Community Managers were pretty active today on Discord..

I would really like to see another channel in discord/forums which records CM/Dev messages to discord/forums... a la dev tracker threads on other MMO/Gaming forums...

Anyhow, some tidbits from the discord, sorry just threw it together quickly whilst waiting for my conan and mods to update 🙂

--------------------------------

(Community Question) Charr

Today at 2:06 PM

yeah the timeline wasn't ideal, but there were arguments for announcing it earlier, and for later. ultimately they chose the route of transparency and although it might suck for the time being, i think it was the right choice if they announced it 2 weeks later, would it really have made that much of a difference?

Today at 2:07 PM

Hmm, we discussed this internally at length. We had two options: full transparency regarding the wipe + time for fill players in on the plans so we could get feedback whilst being aware numbers would drop in the interim vs waiting until the last minute to drop the news of the wipe in order to keep player count up. The second option may have been smart business-wise in the very short term...

but it felt scummy and also would have removed the time frame for player feedback on the significant changes

(Community Question) NUMBERS DONT LIE

Today at 2:03 PM

@Dollie Does the thousands of players lost per month not concern you guys? I mean I get it - you already cashed in on us all, but like we're doing to like 4-5,000 people

Today at 2:09 PM

@NUMBERS DONT LIE nah, we're not too concerned about numbers at the moment, we have a long developmental pipeline ahead of us and this is just the beginning. Also, there are elements that may not be fully known by players at present.

Today at 2:10 PM

it just sucks we werent given anything to do in game for 20 or more days

I understand that it feels like forever. I'm hyped to get back into it too.

@Dollie is PTR for sure the 20th?

We'll have info on the PTR in the next Cap's Log @DJ DeB

im not bad mouthing the devs, this game is fricken awesome. best time ive had playing a game in a while. just not having an incentive to play for 20 days just takes that fun away

Today at 2:14 PM

I don't mind the negativity that comes in at times, usually when people complain it's because they care anyway, time to get back to it, take it easy guys

---------------

(Community Manager Comment)

The PTR will be out prior to the wipe and is planned for approx the week of the 20th. The wipe is not planned for the 20th.

Community question

will the test have everything that will be included with the new patch the new map etc?

Yes, including Eastern Tundra and additional islands. We will be hosting multiple smaller clusters for the PTR. @lucifer

Community question

@Dollie If the PTR is week of the 20th, and captains log is the 21st (technically), should we expect it after?

(Community Manager Answer)

We plan to have the Cap's log out earlier in the week, yes

------------------

(Community Question) Baragnar Bronzebeard

Today at 5:22 PM

Open letter to @Dollie @Jat and everyone else at Grapeshot. I love your game, i absolutely love it. Its my new Ark, but please, if the coding for the wipe and the new map has been done, even if there are other things thats not yet quite completed, but not necessary for the wipe to be implemented, im willing to wait longer for that, im pretty sure thats the opinion for most. Just drop the wipe patch, please! I sailed yesterday though several servers, and i was the only one there, the world is dead, save for a few containing the remnants of mega companies still battling each other with skeleton crews. I want to see the game ressurected again, i know its coming, but the wait is unbearable! All my friends have just about quit playing, migrating to other survival type games. Please! Drop the wipe patch, let the world start anew!

(Community Manager Answer) Jat

Today at 5:25 PM

I appreciate your enthusiasm @Baragnar Bronzebeard and we're pretty keen to get it out as soon as possible to y'all too, but the reason it's not available now is simply because it isn't ready yet, not because we're holding it for some arbitrary reason. Once it's good to go and passed our internal checks, it'll enter the PTR phase and from there make it's way onto the live network.

Conan is actually pretty good. In the process of building a 60x60 pyramid with black ice on the outside and aquilion on the inside. Going to take awhile since it is on official