Sign in to follow this  
Smokey Bones

Activities you still enjoy in game leading up to the wipe (inspired by Talono)

Although some may claim it's pointless to play before the wipe, I propose it's not pointless for everyone.   There are still activities that can be time productively spent in game leading up to the wipe.  Some example activities I would recommend before the wipe include the following.

• Try new ship builds you've wanted to try
  • Build your first galleon and set sail
  • Experiment with talents and talent builds you haven't tried yet
  • Try content you've never tried, i.e. If you've never killed a ghost ship, now is the time!
  • For PVP, join the naval battles that are happening.  Check the player tracker to find where the population is at for the fight.

With the increased resources gains, you don't have to invest a whole day to build a ship and sail it to find a naval battle.

What are some activities that you're still having fun with in game leading up to the wipe?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smokey Bones said:

Although some may claim it's pointless to play before the wipe, I propose it's not pointless for everyone.   There are still activities that can be time productively spent in game leading up to the wipe.  Some example activities I would recommend before the wipe include the following.

• Try new ship builds you've wanted to try
  • Build your first galleon and set sail
  • Experiment with talents and talent builds you haven't tried yet
  • Try content you've never tried, i.e. If you've never killed a ghost ship, now is the time!
  • For PVP, join the naval battles that are happening.  Check the player tracker to find where the population is at for the fight.

With the increased resources gains, you don't have to invest a whole day to build a ship and sail it to find a naval battle.

What are some activities that you're still having fun with in game leading up to the wipe?

I've made a lot of those suggestions myself but I've mostly stopped playing at this point. I built my first galleon a month ago, and I gotta say for battles it's easily my favorite. It's also good for long trips where you know you'll need a mobile base. I wasn't prepared for how bloody slow it turns though. 

Part of me wants to try out a few things with smaller ships but most of me is like what's the point. So I log off and play other games. 

• Like 1

Build your first galleon and set sail

That's exactly what I did... and well. I see now that with new system of ship buffs and due to small company, I'll never build one after a wipe.

It's just too expensive, and requires massive amount of resources (gathering) to operate it. It's way to glitchy also... like I've been in the middle of fight and suddenly lost most of my firepower. It turned out almost all my crew unseated their guns, fell through the floor and stuck floating in the center bottom floor.

Galley is extremely hard to sail and most important - to battle. Even with 2 mythic handling sails It take's for about 2.5 minutes to turn around. I do not enjoying fighting with it. Well...

For last 2 days I was on my high lvl SotDs hunt. The highest SotD I took down is lvl-60!!! (I have just a Galley with 52 gunports  no louvers, no shotgun...) The first vs 60lvl battle took 7 planks... but yet, with more experience I've got myself, I then took down lvl-54, lvl-57 and lvl-56 (all separately) with no planks lost.

First Galley had just a single common handling sail. 2nd version - 2 mythic handling sails and I didn't noticed any difference... and yeah. The loot. 4 high lvl SotD's. Those handling sails were only useful reward. Then I had a crap. Like mythic cannon with 107% damage (I have 30 fine cannons onboard with 118%)

This mission is over for me. It was fun but yet torture (this awful handling... arrrrrrgh)! 

Next mission is...

Try content you've never tried, i.e. If you've never killed a ghost ship, now is the time!

Powerstones maybe...

p.s. - just because it will be a wipe anyway I made this Galley pink just for fun. And name it "Fluffy Snow" (all our vessels have northern and winter names. Because we live in Tundra and our Company is Wintersail).

Edited by George Catcher

I made a character on the pvp server to try that out. That world seem more active. My pve server feels like a wax cabinet at the moment. I sailed through zone after zone to see just 1 player online (me).

Our Company, The Black Hand, (Hit us up in discord to join us - https://discord.gg/WkEqmq7), is still building outposts, exploring breeding of all types of animals, building different ship designs to try on the Drake, Hydra, and the Kraken.

We are exploring and finding discoveries and just generally playing the game.  Yeah, some of our players were disheartened when the wipe was announced, but this is a game, and we just want to have fun as a group of players.  We figure that when the wipe takes place, we will be just that much more prepared and knowledgable for the next iteration. We also figured its a good time to partner with a PvP company, so we are using this time to just blow up stuff, go all in on destroying ships and our inventories.  We had an epic fight with a big Chinese Company, and talked afterwards about the 'good pvp' and shared 'rum'.  

Respect the game, respect the player, and we all have fun.  That is why we are here, right?

• Like 1

I built a mobile, 100% complete base, Gally.  My goal is to see the entire map before the wipe.  I named it "Make Atlas Great Again".  My only regret is not bringing the tames with me, but ill fix that at some point.

In our group we are making galleons for everyone and we will sail all accross the map, looking for islands, resources and new possible base locations, so, when the wipe comes we will know where to go and where to settle, maybe on the weekend before the 20th we will go and try taking the Ghost ship (we are a very small group). 

2 hours ago, awakatanka said:

I only have fun on forum. 

Coming Soon to Early Access, Boomer Inc is proud to announce its thrilling new game Forum!

Post until your eyes bleed and you have carpal tunnel!

Carefully craft your argument using skills such rhetoric, logic, and poop emojis.

Flame posters who disagree slightly with your choice of ethnic restaurant, sports team, or pop culture reference!

All this and more! As soon as we figure out what that might be. Got any ideas?

• Haha 2

A victory is pointless if you cant keep your achievement.

Since christmas i did build up my empire piece by piece. One step after another. Yes, i am a PVP survival nerd, but one with a job so only in the evenings and the weekends.

It was always fun to log in and watch my ships, basex, tames and resource stocks. Sometimes i was raided and lost something, but most of the stuff i kept over the month. Everything new i built had a meaning, a name and a purpose and i was proud to own it.

This is what made Atlas my game.

Also fighting the ghost ship had a meaning, because there was a risk to lose my galleon.

Now as you simply throw „all in“ it means nothing and your victory means nothing.

You will punch the freeport tree beside me on the 20th.

Edited by Talono