Sign in to follow this  
Sucoon

what the reason behind lvl(XP) and discpverypoints wipe on PvE?

Hello,

i don't understand the reason for wiping the lvl (xp) and discoverypoints on PvE server. As far as i noticed on private / unoffical servers the discoverypoints are bound on islands, you can put in there ne ones, remove, move doesn't matter to the system.

i have talkt to a veteran ark player und excelent competent atlas admin of a unoffical server and he explant me, that the playerdata is simply stored and they will save xp, discovery points, player data,  when they have to wipe the server for patch 20.

why this shouldn't be possible on offical PvE server? just lazieness?

lock at player like him:

it's a punch in the face for every explorer. and its absolutly understandable to never come back for wiping without explaination. especially when its possible on unoffical servern.

Go watch the livestream. There you can hear the reason for yourself and not the translation of someone  else.

Couple things I can think of:

People benefitted from duped items on PvE, it just wasn't discovered as much there because you couldn't kill people or loot their bases to find it. If you gained XP using a duped weapon, or killed the kraken on ships with duped planks/cannons, you'd have an unfair advantage.

Powerstone keys not being lost on death, it was much easier to run at the start, because you didn't have to get the key off your corpse, and they didn't expire after 2 hours.

People lost discovery points for doing stuff randomly, and that permanantly gimped their character. Hopefully the bugs that caused that are addressed.

Discovery points being changed/added could be another reason.

It is simple.

They are adding over 200 islands to the map, and they are also removing some islands as well. That would mean you would have discovery points that others would never have a chance of getting because those islands no longer exist after the update. Also, There was a mistake about 2 weeks ago on an update where the discovery point increase was 3x for a couple of days. So those that took advantage of it would have everyone else at a disadvantage if they did not wipe characters. 

I do not like the wipe idea, and I like the PvE flag changes even more, but I understand the reason behind the wipe at least. 

19 minutes ago, ArchieVision said:

It is simple.

They are adding over 200 islands to the map, and they are also removing some islands as well. That would mean you would have discovery points that others would never have a chance of getting because those islands no longer exist after the update. Also, There was a mistake about 2 weeks ago on an update where the discovery point increase was 3x for a couple of days. So those that took advantage of it would have everyone else at a disadvantage if they did not wipe characters. 

every discoverypoint from an island, whitch one you where get, is seperatly saved as the one from powerstones / whales the 3x tiems. perhaps you should read my post completly, the remove adding of new islands will result in a lose / adding in new DP. you can easiely extract / restore the right discoverypoints a player has travelt to.

i have watcht the livestream 2 times and found no reason not to save the data. also as far i have talkt to the unoffical atlas server admin with years of expirience in ark too.

Lets be honest, everything is getting wiped because its the easiest way possible. Not saying its the right thing to do but the easiest.

Edited by Kirves

Only the first will not be the last, now we all know to be prepared for a wipe at almost anytime before release. 

• Like 1