Enki Anunnaki

What are you going to do when they postpone the update, yet again?

On 3/5/2019 at 3:40 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

Im probably gonna rip my keyboard out of my computer and break it over my knee then body slam my desk and cry naked on the bathroom floor.
What do you think?
Is the update scheduled for mid to late march getting postponed after announcing a wipe and killing the player population gonna drive you wild?
Are you ready for it? 

kill myself prolly. gawd.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, Luck0r said:

Still. There is a difference between pre-Alpha state which is Atlas right now and EA.

And No, i am not complaining about the Wipe.

I keep seeing people claiming Atlas is in Alpha stage, can anyone point me to anywhere the devs have refered to Atlas as Alpha?

7 hours ago, ljbendele said:

I keep seeing people claiming Atlas is in Alpha stage, can anyone point me to anywhere the devs have refered to Atlas as Alpha?

Its not, but some almost religiously keep repeating that apparenty "Early Access" means we are pre alpha and that makes all their errors and fails ok. Sadly it has become state of the art now to release stuff once it compiles for the first time, milk the first wave of .. erm.. customers and use them as free alpha and beta testers (under the banner of "help shaping the game").

Dont get me wrong, i know what i bought into, and i got my moneys worth already. I dont complain about bugs, i do however have an issue with how they handle them. The reset we get now is because they didnt know what they were doing and did zero internal testing. And the way they fix it is exaclty the same.. extreme the other way round, rushed, not tested, late (because they promised deadlines they never were able to make in the first place). I give them this "reset". But if there is another complete wipe coming im out for good. And dont play the "EA means wipe" card please. It does not. Plenty of games handled that. You dont wipe a "persistant" "MMO" all the time. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grongash said:

Its not, but some almost religiously keep repeating that apparenty "Early Access" means we are pre alpha and that makes all their errors and fails ok. Sadly it has become state of the art now to release stuff once it compiles for the first time, milk the first wave of .. erm.. customers and use them as free alpha and beta testers (under the banner of "help shaping the game").

Dont get me wrong, i know what i bought into, and i got my moneys worth already. I dont complain about bugs, i do however have an issue with how they handle them. The reset we get now is because they didnt know what they were doing and did zero internal testing. And the way they fix it is exaclty the same.. extreme the other way round, rushed, not tested, late (because they promised deadlines they never were able to make in the first place). I give them this "reset". But if there is another complete wipe coming im out for good. And dont play the "EA means wipe" card please. It does not. Plenty of games handled that. You dont wipe a "persistant" "MMO" all the time. 

Yea I agree, I work in IT. That's why it annoys me every time someone states the game is in alpha. Alpha does not = EA and EA does not = Beta. All three of those terms have different meanings while sharing some elements of pre launch. 

I am fine with the wipe now, I hope its the last one but all these wannabe alpha warriors that keep claiming things about the game that are not based on anything factual piss me off. They mislead other players and thats wrong.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 5:40 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

Im probably gonna rip my keyboard out of my computer and break it over my knee then body slam my desk and cry naked on the bathroom floor.
What do you think?
Is the update scheduled for mid to late march getting postponed after announcing a wipe and killing the player population gonna drive you wild?
Are you ready for it? 

Continue to play Conan until its done.

• Like 1

Lol if people keep complaining I hope the devs decide to wipe weekly 🤞🏻 A lot of melodrama and calling people trolls in these threads. ITS EA. People need to chill out with the negativity towards the devs. Also DAWN OF MAN just got released on steam! Imma play the hell outta that till wipe day. Also may I suggest jumping on DARKSIDERP or something until wipe. I’m on there atm and it’s awesome. They have a really good ethos. The game feels new and refreshing on there. 

See you when wipe happens. I can wait as long as the devs need. I want them to release it when they are ready. I think they are doing a really good job with atlas. 

Edited by Polar Express

8 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Lol if people keep complaining I hope the devs decide to wipe weekly 🤞🏻 A lot of melodrama and calling people trolls in these threads. ITS EA. People need to chill out with the negativity towards the devs. Also DAWN OF MAN just got released on steam! Imma play the hell outta that till wipe day. Also may I suggest jumping on DARKSIDERP or something until wipe. I’m on there atm and it’s awesome. They have a really good ethos. The game feels new and refreshing on there. 

See you when wipe happens. I can wait as long as the devs need. I want them to release it when they are ready. I think they are doing a really good job with atlas. 

man i don't even care if they wipe. I just want shit to get fixed so we can get this party rolling. like no shit, its EA, games not done. we get it. shouldn't have announced the wipe until you actually had a solid date. hell don't even announce anything until it's time to release the kraken. there's a reason why the international space objects collision coalition does not announce that asteroids are about to hit until the week of.  they don't want people to start panickinging and not working in case they're wrong about the time or if it will even happen. 

i just want them to start releasing the test server so i can break the shit out of the game and expose the problems before it makes a problem in the official server.

lets get some shit done.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:40 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

What do you think?
Are you ready for it? 

Taking a break not a big deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

man i don't even care if they wipe. I just want shit to get fixed so we can get this party rolling. like no shit, its EA, games not done. we get it. shouldn't have announced the wipe until you actually had a solid date. hell don't even announce anything until it's time to release the kraken. there's a reason why the international space objects collision coalition does not announce that asteroids are about to hit until the week of.  they don't want people to start panickinging and not working in case they're wrong about the time or if it will even happen. 

i just want them to start releasing the test server so i can break the shit out of the game and expose the problems before it makes a problem in the official server.

lets get some shit done.

100 % agreed man. The test server would be very helpful imo. I wouldn’t even mind if the test server was “closed” with different players being picked at random from a volunteer list to receive passwords throughout EA to play test it. Maybe a password protected PvP and pve server with a dev in there giving players “daily goals” to achieve and give feedback on directly to grapeshot. 

I understand the limitations of this idea would mean the devs would get a very specific set of data but at the same time it may address some of the very specific bugs and oversights pre update. Many of the threads in these forums outline specific problems the community is negative and at times very cynical of. It would be great if someone with the word “play tester” in their profile name could jump in and  give some input as a subject matter expert. 

Enjoy the game everyone. Jat is reading these threads and has commented on a few topics. The devs are doing a great job. We just need to chill and let it all happen. I’m sure whatever is coming will have positives and negatives. We just need to give concise feedback with less finger pointing and melodrama. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, Enki Anunnaki said:

What do you think?
Are you ready for it? 

I too am addicted in this manner....

Conan is not scratching my itch...

There are a lot of competing noises right now; Apex Legends, Anthem, PoE new league started this weekend, Satisfactory looks like a good filler if you got an alpha key. 

But honestly I just want to play atlas haha. 

• Like 1

I am playing World of Tanks, of course. That is what I always do in between of other games and instead of many games.

BTW.

if you did not tried Fallout76 = it is really good for, probably, a month or two.

Conan Exiles is also very good but you will, probably, light speed throught it for ~1-2 weeks.

My another findings is Factorio. I spend whole week in there. Got lot of fun. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:40 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

What do you think?
Are you ready for it? 

Any soy that is not completely retarded will already expect a delay. That comment was not directed at you, just as a whole.

like I tell everyone, plan on a date much later so that you can still tho l positive. I guess you can call it being realistic 😉

2 hours ago, Goha said:

I am playing World of Tanks, of course. That is what I always do in between of other games and instead of many games.

BTW.

if you did not tried Fallout76 = it is really good for, probably, a month or two.

Conan Exiles is also very good but you will, probably, light speed throught it for ~1-2 weeks.

My another findings is Factorio. I spend whole week in there. Got lot of fun. 

Factorio is awesome! 

Id like to play Conan exiles but I heard it’s pretty much dead. 

Additionally there is an ARK mod called survival plus. Nerd parade is playing it atm (in his primal series) I never much liked him before as a creator but the mod is worth dusting Ark off for a play. It adds a deep crafting tree to ark that I would like Atlas to take some pointers from in the future to promote teamwork and trading. 

Conan is not dead. I played pve solo few months ago, I never was alone. Dunno about pve though

most of fun is accessible solo on pve

• Thanks 1

there's bustling private servers. the most populated one is a RP server with a lot of fun people and awesome builds. I wish atlas had the customization that conan has with the decorative stuff. i like the banners, curtains, plates and goblets , different type of fires, candles and so much more stuff... man... i'm a pvp guy and i love that shit. I bet it was hella interesting walking threw my crib for the dudes that wiped me last time on conan. the decor was on point. especially the dungeon. looked like an illuminati death/sex magic ritual  lulz

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

when it coems out i will coem back to play but no sense in playing it now. So the longer they take the longer most people will just not play their product. I am not surprise this is delayed. This dev team hasnt been one to be truthful or even stick to their word on most any deadline they say. I mean look at the launch day of this game. Negative reviews on steam alone has sunk the game. It is hard to find a positive review over the amount of negative on the game itself.  They have to try and save it. They really learned nothign from Ark when they claim they have.

Edited by Nik Storm

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

there's bustling private servers. the most populated one is a RP server with a lot of fun people and awesome builds. I wish atlas had the customization that conan has with the decorative stuff. i like the banners, curtains, plates and goblets , different type of fires, candles and so much more stuff... man... i'm a pvp guy and i love that shit. I bet it was hella interesting walking threw my crib for the dudes that wiped me last time on conan. the decor was on point. especially the dungeon. looked like an illuminati death/sex magic ritual  lulz

Agreed. I really like cosmetics aswell. I’d like similar workshop support to RUST in that sense at some point during atlas development (once they iron out some of the core mechanics. I would love for the team to pick lore friendly skins created by workshop contributors and sold through steam like what Rust has done.

The rust skins are purely cosmetic and are in no way pay to win. Additionally they have become something of a commodity on the community market. I haven’t paid real money for a game or a dlc on steam in a long time as I get a lot of revenue from trading these skins. So when people were complaining about the fact that atlas was meant to be a dlc for ark or whatever it never even phased me in the slightest as I just sold a skin I bought a year ago for $2.50 and just bought atlas. No problems. I’m sure I’m not the only one either. 

With the potentially high  player capacity and the prospect of roleplayer culture on atlas the skins market could be huge. Much bigger that anything rust could do side by side in the long run.

I love the figure heads and the cosmetics the devs are adding in the upcoming few patches aswell. They will add some character to different groups on a game where you lose a lot of identity due to the high amount of players. I can’t wait to see what the devs have in store. 

You know what's my idea about upcoming wipe?

- Right now I see and understand how to build a better base, with short pathways and big enough buildings/structures for any purposes.

- Right now I see how to build best "solo" battle ships to farm SotD's up to 40 lvl (without any louvers, shotguns, roof-armor and long kiting tactics).

- I have a chance to settle to a different place where... well hopefully will be more then just 4 metal spawn in WHOLE ISLAND : )

- I'll build a tames paddock where there wont be a huge rock in a center and 3 trees in doorways lol : )

I... well... I mean my first base is my first experience and my first mistakes. I lived here. Now I see how to make things better... a-a-a-a-and this one will come again in next wipe. More experience. More knowledge. So I have very optimistic look forward.

HAHA! Enki! If they push back the big 'ol patch I guess I will continue to catch up on my reading (stacks of books waiting for me), actually getting a lot more sleep and searching out new shows to watch. Annnnnd Game of Thrones starts soon!!! 🤪 I mean who's ready???

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, Polar Express said:

100 % agreed man. The test server would be very helpful imo. I wouldn’t even mind if the test server was “closed” with different players being picked at random from a volunteer list to receive passwords throughout EA to play test it. Maybe a password protected PvP and pve server with a dev in there giving players “daily goals” to achieve and give feedback on directly to grapeshot. 

I understand the limitations of this idea would mean the devs would get a very specific set of data but at the same time it may address some of the very specific bugs and oversights pre update. Many of the threads in these forums outline specific problems the community is negative and at times very cynical of. It would be great if someone with the word “play tester” in their profile name could jump in and  give some input as a subject matter expert. 

Enjoy the game everyone. Jat is reading these threads and has commented on a few topics. The devs are doing a great job. We just need to chill and let it all happen. I’m sure whatever is coming will have positives and negatives. We just need to give concise feedback with less finger pointing and melodrama. 

Early access is test server hahaha sandbox, again time to take a break no big deal. Id rather have the game launch and not be a fluster cluck

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 1

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN THEY POSTPONE THE UPDATE, YET AGAIN

Nothing in Atlas anyways no point really Just waiting on the wipe before I return

• Like 1