Enki Anunnaki

What are you going to do when they postpone the update, yet again?

Im probably gonna rip my keyboard out of my computer and break it over my knee then body slam my desk and cry naked on the bathroom floor.
What do you think?
Is the update scheduled for mid to late march getting postponed after announcing a wipe and killing the player population gonna drive you wild?
Are you ready for it? 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You could always come to the forum and read the trolls post "IT"S EA" on every thread. Followed by some made up facts.

If they comment things like we are trying to get these things working, it's possible. I wish we had some insight into what's going on. Given the state of the game, this forum and the player base, I don't understand why we don't have a daily post here by them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

You could always come to the forum and read the trolls post "IT"S EA" on every thread. Followed by some made up facts.

If they comment things like we are trying to get these things working, it's possible. I wish we had some insight into what's going on. Given the state of the game, this forum and the player base, I don't understand why we don't have a daily post here by them.

“Trolls” I always wonder what is going on in your guys heads. There’s literally a disclaimer before you click buy that says anything could and will change. What are you guys called? Ignorant people? Fine. Then I’m a troll 😄 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Percieval said:

“Trolls” I always wonder what is going on in your guys heads. There’s literally a disclaimer before you click buy that says anything could and will change. What are you guys called? Ignorant people? Fine. Then I’m a troll 😄 

Still. There is a difference between pre-Alpha state which is Atlas right now and EA.

And No, i am not complaining about the Wipe.

15 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

Still. There is a difference between pre-Alpha state which is Atlas right now and EA.

And No, i am not complaining about the Wipe.

Pre alpha? Maybe do your homework since it’s definitely not pre alpha. 

• Like 1

Continue to not play I guess.

1 hour ago, Buck Rider said:

Lets not forget for Arks EA there was only one wipe early due to duping and I'm pretty sure it didn't happen again because of how poorly it effected the community despite multiple dupe exploits being found afterward. Seems like Wildgrape has a taste for destroying their games community and trying to rebuild it from the ashes.

Edited by Writhes

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Im probably gonna rip my keyboard out of my computer and break it over my knee then body slam my desk and cry in the corner.
What do you think?
Is the update scheduled for mid to late march getting postponed after announcing a wipe and killing the player population gonna drive you wild?
Are you ready for it? 

If you’ve ever seen Natural Born Killers then you’re familiar with the line

”Look bitch, you knew I was a snake.”

Not to excuse it, but this crowd’s history of missing their deadlines is so bad that at this point if you let that surprise or significantly upset you, it’s kind of on you. Mild irritation, some degree of ongoing exasperation, maybe even a twisted sort of amusement. Really though it is only the foolish who take any of Grapecard’s dates seriously anymore. Tbh when they first announced this patch as being expected in Feb, my immediate reaction at that point was “probably around st patty’s Day then.”

• Like 3

I mean if the update doesn't come I will just continue to live my life and do other things. Eventually it will come out and I can come give it a test drive. Honestly not minding the break at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

If you’ve ever seen Natural Born Killers then you’re familiar with the line

”Look bitch, you knew I was a snake.”

Not to excuse it, but this crowd’s history of missing their deadlines is so bad that at this point if you let that surprise or significantly upset you, it’s kind of on you. Mild irritation, some degree of ongoing exasperation, maybe even a twisted sort of amusement. Really though it is only the foolish who take any of Grapecard’s dates seriously anymore. Tbh when they first announced this patch as being expected in Feb, my immediate reaction at that point was “probably around st patty’s Day then.”

I'm new to how this dev team runs things and I found very early on that they are pretty loose with updates and time lines.  I actually like it.  They just get things done and do it when they are ready.  They play it loose and fast.  I think its neat being apart of this phase of development due to this. 

Most of my company is in the twisted sort of amusement stage.  We joke about it.  Make bets on when that update that is due in 15 minutes will actually happen.  Generally just laugh about it. 

4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I'm new to how this dev team runs things and I found very early on that they are pretty loose with updates and time lines.  I actually like it.  They just get things done and do it when they are ready.  They play it loose and fast.  I think its neat being apart of this phase of development due to this. 

Most of my company is in the twisted sort of amusement stage.  We joke about it.  Make bets on when that update that is due in 15 minutes will actually happen.  Generally just laugh about it. 

After several years of Ark that’s where I am. It used to annoy me at first. Sounds like your group just figured it out that much faster.

My group has Ark vets in it so they are used to it.

I've been in IT for 20+ years.  They handle it how I like to work.  I hate schedules, deadlines, policy.  I am a managers worst nightmare and best friend all in one because I get shit done.  🙂 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Confused 1

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

Pretty clear to me...

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Writhes said:

Continue to not play I guess.

Lets not forget for Arks EA there was only one wipe early due to duping and I'm pretty sure it didn't happen again because of how poorly it effected the community despite multiple dupe exploits being found afterward. Seems like Wildgrape has a taste for destroying their games community and trying to rebuild it from the ashes.

The only reason it didn't happen again was because they promised they wouldn't, which was the single worst decision they ever made in that game.... Besides perhaps extinction. 

Given the current track record i didnt think they would make the set date anyway.

19 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Im probably gonna rip my keyboard out of my computer and break it over my knee then body slam my desk and cry naked on the bathroom floor.
What do you think?
Are you ready for it? 

You know there are a lot of good games out there. I will just keep playing other games until update drops.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:40 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

What do you think?
Are you ready for it? 

Whatever do you mean? Grapeshot is practically notorious for their punctuality, and yet you seem to be implying that there will inevitably be a delay. I can't imagine what might have lead you to such a conclusion. 

• Haha 1

Laughing alot at people already defending them before they've delayed it. It doesn't matter that it's EA, it's still hilarious that literally every single time they delay patches, releases etc where they could just be up front about the dates instead. They're still saying march 20th, but I'll bet my left nut that it's going to be delayed because god damn it they just can't set realistic dates even for the life of them. That said, I'll still play, I like the game, but they're literally indefensible in this guys come on hahaha. They should hire someone else to do communications, because as someone working in marketing I have to say they've done a horrible job with this (it just seems like they've hired some newbies for this, maybe they'll improve. But I've yet to see it).

2 minutes ago, prodesu said:

Laughing alot at people already defending them before they've delayed it. It doesn't matter that it's EA, it's still hilarious that literally every single time they delay patches, releases etc where they could just be up front about the dates instead. They're still saying march 20th, but I'll bet my left nut that it's going to be delayed because god damn it they just can't set realistic dates even for the life of them. That said, I'll still play, I like the game, but they're literally indefensible in this guys come on hahaha. They should hire someone else to do communications, because as someone working in marketing I have to say they've done a horrible job with this (it just seems like they've hired some newbies for this, maybe they'll improve. But I've yet to see it).

i don't think they expected so many people to be interested in the game in the beginning. In thinking like that, they probably only hired a hand full of people and set their ea budget for a slow development cycle. I think reality is really setting in right now for them. Games with horrible starts and small dev teams don't often make it, day z for example. this will be the update that makes or breaks the game and they know it.

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i don't think they expected so many people to be interested in the game in the beginning. In thinking like that, they probably only hired a hand full of people and set their ea budget for a slow development cycle. I think reality is really setting in right now for them. Games with horrible starts and small dev teams don't often make it, day z for example. this will be the update that makes or breaks the game and they know it.

That's what I think too, and it's not easy finding good personnel when it comes to this and todays toxic gaming community. It's a tough job for sure. For what it's worth, I hope the game succeeds (I know I'll play it) and that they step up their game.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN THEY POSTPONE THE UPDATE, YET AGAIN?

hmmmmmm.... let me think real hard...... think I've got it..... same thing everyone does when a update is delayed by any company... they will......................... wait 

• Like 1

Keep playing on unofficial servers, like I've been doing.

They made us wait a few weeks to even begin playing the game. Anyone that can't handle delays hopefully never started playing Atlas at all.

Edited by wildbill

I guess I should answer the original question.  MY company will be sailing its ships out to suicide at the toughest bases around or the biggest ship battles.  If its delayed we will just get more ships.  Rinse and repeat until server is down and characters are wiped.  Should be fun.  None of it will be there tomorrow so make use of all of it. 

Maybe I'll sail a company Galleon into battle with 40 tames on it set to aggressive.  Sail into someones port and fire away.  See what the tames do when the ship does down.