SilkBD

solution Problems with PvE Changes, and a Proposed Solution

7 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

Maybe, but who cares?  So you claim an island, what's different then if you don't claim the island?  You get a short period where you can destroy other settlers stuff, but now have to manage an upkeep to maintain your island, settle tenants disputes,  and police your island from griefers and trolls.  Meanwhile John Pegleg will just find a nice location on the island and settle down to start building.  No extra fuss or responsibilities.

a lot of players care ,they claim the island build all over the resources so no one else  settles , they have an entire island to themselves same as before they changed the system to this rubbish

Edited by UDO

2 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

You get a short period where you can destroy other settlers stuff, but now have to manage an upkeep to maintain your island, settle tenants disputes,  and police your island from griefers and trolls.

Thats the thing, i will not do it, as many other will not do it. I want to play, not herd other players! But then i am in the hands of the people that like to play the landloards role, and most likely they like it for abusing the power only.

18 minutes ago, UDO said:

a lot of players care ,they claim the island build all over the resources so no one else  settles , they have an entire island to themselves same as before they changed the system to this rubbish

Yay!  You got an island all to yourself!  For a week.  Or do you think you'll magically be able to keep that island when the bank starts crying about it's upkeep and you realize that you yourself can only farm up enough materials to pay 1/10 it's cost?

• Confused 1

how about, pve islands are owned bybwhichever company contributes the most to the bank each month.

have a flat 1% tax rate on everyone, owner included and at the end of the month the person who did the most work/trade on the island owns it for the next month and gets to allocate the resources from the last month into building pve defences for the island against invasions of sotd and aotd that will attack the owners base settlement first.

only if the main base of the owner is destroyed will it move on to other people bases.

I could see the appeal for the landowner to be "elected" so to speak by the system utilizing some form of 'contribution'.  Not sure if I'd use the farming of resources as the primary component because just because someone farms a lot of resources doesn't mean that he has the "well wishes" of the island or the people on it in mind, he just has more time on his hands.

The SotD crew invasion is one that I've been advocating for as a responsibilty of the landowner and a way that the landowner can pay back his tenants for their service and donation to the island's upkeep.  I'm thinking it may happen sometime down the line, but trying to implement it right now before the March Update would be to tight of a timeline to achieve it.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, CoopedUp said:

Yay!  You got an island all to yourself!  For a week.  Or do you think you'll magically be able to keep that island when the bank starts crying about it's upkeep and you realize that you yourself can only farm up enough materials to pay 1/10 it's cost?

we dont know that yet , an entire company can own the island to themselfs if they so desire ,, if u havnt built large then the upkeep wont be too bad , i doubt a small tower base and a shipyard is going to break the bank .. 

39 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

I could see the appeal for the landowner to be "elected" so to speak by the system utilizing some form of 'contribution'.  Not sure if I'd use the farming of resources as the primary component because just because someone farms a lot of resources doesn't mean that he has the "well wishes" of the island or the people on it in mind, he just has more time on his hands.

The SotD crew invasion is one that I've been advocating for as a responsibilty of the landowner and a way that the landowner can pay back his tenants for their service and donation to the island's upkeep.  I'm thinking it may happen sometime down the line, but trying to implement it right now before the March Update would be to tight of a timeline to achieve it.

i was thinking this to myself , if the players want to own the island on pve then there needs to be somethin similar to the purge in conan , then then the landlord has a responsibility to make sure he is  on good terms with the rest of island or he gets no help defending from the invasion  ,if they wipe him out or demolish his tax bank the next player can become the owner .

i know for damn sure if u have  dick landlord he wont get any help defending , the atacks could happen anytime even if the landlord is offline , which would be worst for him if he has been a dick to all the island tenants with stupid high taxes etc ..

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

we dont know that yet , an entire company can own the island to themselfs if they so desire ,, if u havnt built large then the upkeep wont be too bad , i doubt a small tower base and a shipyard is going to break the bank .. 

You are thinking about the OLD upkeep system when it was proposed as being a pseudo lawless environment.  Now that they are emulating the PvP settlement system they stated that the upkeep would be dependent on the island size, resources, locations, and other items that rank them with the ability to reduce the upkeep for every different company that has settled on the island besides the landowner.  And they also pointed out during the Dev stream a bit back that while a single company COULD own and settle the island for themselves the upkeep cost would be WAY harder then if he was to allow other pathfinders to settle as well.

1 minute ago, CoopedUp said:

You are thinking about the OLD upkeep system when it was proposed as being a pseudo lawless environment.  Now that they are emulating the PvP settlement system they stated that the upkeep would be dependent on the island size, resources, locations, and other items that rank them with the ability to reduce the upkeep for every different company that has settled on the island besides the landowner.  And they also pointed out during the Dev stream a bit back that while a single company COULD own and settle the island for themselves the upkeep cost would be WAY harder then if he was to allow other pathfinders to settle as well.

no im not ,im fully aware of what the devs have planned with the upkeep ,nothing to do with lawless which by the way wont exist after the update ,

tax bank owned by landlord get filled this covers the upkeep for the islands building the more tenants and building the more the upkeep , so why would u want too many if any at all on the island ...

keeping small base would be more than managable for a small company , don't go thinking the upkeep is going to be thousands and thousands of resources per  day , 

everyone has different ideas about what the devs may or may not do , the problem is the devs dont give out enough information to players when they make these changes so noone really has much of an idea its just all speculation 

8 minutes ago, UDO said:

no im not ,im fully aware of what the devs have planned with the upkeep ,nothing to do with lawless which by the way wont exist after the update ,

tax bank owned by landlord get filled this covers the upkeep for the islands building the more tenants and building the more the upkeep , so why would u want too many if any at all on the island ...

keeping small base would be more than managable for a small company , don't go thinking the upkeep is going to be thousands and thousands of resources per  day , 

everyone has different ideas about what the devs may or may not do , the problem is the devs dont give out enough information to players when they make these changes so noone really has much of an idea its just all speculation 

The more companies OTHER than the owner company the LOWER the upkeep is what was said.

13 minutes ago, UDO said:

That part you see is wrong. The upkeep is indeed used also for defence but it is not only for that.  X amount will be for the island if you have more then x amount you can use it for defence.  The upkeep amount for island will grow if you have a higher rates island. It is not depending on total of buildings. That is your personal upkeep. If there are more slaves on the island they help you with the island upkeep. If there are none you have to do the upkeep of the island.

Edited by awakatanka

Everyone that is pro claim flag seems to keep forgetting how broken they are. The over lapping I believe is too hard for them to code is why they proposed 1 per island.  This needs to be fixed before the are re implemented

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 5:31 AM, Yomaz said:

Everyone that is pro claim flag seems to keep forgetting how broken they are. The over lapping I believe is too hard for them to code is why they proposed 1 per island.  This needs to be fixed before the are re implemented

The overlapping was mostly from sea claims overlapping land claims, I would still believe they would remove sea claims from the new system.

I am pro limited claim flags and yes, the overlap needed to be fixed. It happened on both sea and land claims so the issue was pretty major.