Winter Thorne

Why bother having Articles of Agreement?

Rule #1 - Respect the other members of the community.

There are a lot of issues in the game and with the proposed changes to discuss.  If your post is more about making fun of, yelling at, bossing around the other members of the community than it is about discussing the game, your post isn't adding any value to any discussion, and is probably in violation of the Articles of Agreement.

It gets old seeing people coming in here just to call others whiners, drag in US political stances, assume a lot of crap about people's ages and backgrounds, and make generalizations about generations.    It's one thing to disagree with someone's game ideas and post your reasons why, but what's the point in posting just to personally bash some other player?  In the entire history of the world, has it ever done any good telling an upset person to chill or calling them names?

Some of these exchanges have been really good, and you can tell people are hot tempered on the subjects, but they keep talking about the game and not each other,  and a lot of good info comes out of that.  When it's purely personal attacks,  nobody gets anything from it.  It's just a useless waste of everybody's time.  

If Dollie ends up shutting them down, we'll lose all the good parts of the threads too just because someone felt like acting up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I've been wondering where the moderators are on a lot of these threads.  Many of the posts are just insulting other posters etc. and they seem to continue to happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Rule #1 - Respect the other members of the community.

There are a lot of issues in the game and with the proposed changes to discuss.  If your post is more about making fun of, yelling at, bossing around the other members of the community than it is about discussing the game, your post isn't adding any value to any discussion, and is probably in violation of the Articles of Agreement.

It gets old seeing people coming in here just to call others whiners, drag in US political stances, assume a lot of crap about people's ages and backgrounds, and make generalizations about generations.    It's one thing to disagree with someone's game ideas and post your reasons why, but what's the point in posting just to personally bash some other player?  In the entire history of the world, has it ever done any good telling an upset person to chill or calling them names?

Some of these exchanges have been really good, and you can tell people are hot tempered on the subjects, but they keep talking about the game and not each other,  and a lot of good info comes out of that.  When it's purely personal attacks,  nobody gets anything from it.  It's just a useless waste of everybody's time.  

If Dollie ends up shutting them down, we'll lose all the good parts of the threads too just because someone felt like acting up.

My only problem with this post is that I can only like it once, not eleventy bajilion times as I would prefer.

• Like 2

Agree, like i said before too, we need more active moderators. And i understand they don't have the manpower for it right now. But they could ask some active, and objective members on this forum to be a moderator, so they can keep the forums clean of toxicity.

Just now, Skinner NA PVE said:

We could limit to 1 pillar ... I mean post per day.

Go the Expensive Chat route, every character you type is a penny.  Would at least raise revenue to pay mods.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Abysian said:

Agree, like i said before too, we need more active moderators. And i understand they don't have the manpower for it right now. But they could ask some active, and objective members on this forum to be a moderator, so they can keep the forums clean of toxicity.

I don’t know anyone who fits this description. Jean Lafitte quit. Realist has an anti wildcard agenda. Talano’s avi makes it clear he needs to get some sun instead of posting.  Captain Jack is unreliable (he’s why the rum is gone), Winter Thorne dislikes people, Udo has a weird name that I can’t figure out and I’m pretty sure he’s trying to hypnotize us all with his new avi. It’s widely known that  I’m a parrot racist so that pretty much just leaves Perci.

I just don’t think he’s active enough.

18 minutes ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

We could limit to 1 pillar ... I mean post per day.

I will shoot you in the face with a bazooka if you say that again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I don’t know anyone who fits this description. Jean Lafitte quit. Realist has an anti wildcard agenda. Talano’s avi makes it clear he needs to get some sun instead of posting.  Captain Jack is unreliable (he’s why the rum is gone), Winter Thorne dislikes people, Udo has a weird name that I can’t figure out and I’m pretty sure he’s trying to hypnotize us all with his new avi. It’s widely known that  I’m a parrot racist so that pretty much just leaves Perci.

hahaha xD You not many would fit the description, but even 1 is better then none 😛

6 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Honestly, I've been wondering where the moderators are on a lot of these threads.  Many of the posts are just insulting other posters etc. and they seem to continue to happen.

Oh believe me, they are here. It would just surprise you what they take action for.

peoole don’t need to cuss, be offensive, or have cruelty. They just need to say something a mod doesn’t like. 

So for future reference, be careful what you say. Word to the wise

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah I definitely should have been a mod. Regardless of how I feel about wildcard I know what simple rules are and I have made sure to follow them. In that aspect I can feel free to ensure other people follow them.

rules are rules and to be honest I have gone out of my way to make sure I don’t even use any curse words, which almost all haven’t done so.

Edited by Realist

7 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

In other words he's experienced it the hammer.

Yeah. You would be surprised what qualifies for it 👍

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah I definitely should have been a mod. Regardless of how I feel about wildcard I know what simple rules are and I have made sure to follow them. In that aspect I can feel free to ensure other people follow them.

rules are rules and to be honest I have gone out of my way to make sure I don’t even use any curse words, which almost all haven’t done so.

When editing a text professional editors read the text backwards, that is to say they start at the end, reaching the last sentence of the last paragraph, then moving sentence by sentence back through the content. The reason is so they don't get distracted by the substance of what is written and focus only on the structural aspects. I think the first rule of thumb for any game forums is that moderators shouldn't play the game in question, in order to remove any interest they may have in the substance of what is being discussed.

If it were up to me none of us would be moderators, and yes that means you too because you have an announced intention to play on console. I'd go find someone who plays Quadrilateral Cowboy (a real game on steam btw, look it up) and have them mod these forums. To be fair I would trade them you to moderate their forums because you have been diligent about following the rules so you're certainly proven trustworthy there, and what's more realistic than a Quadrilateral Cowboy? (don't answer that).

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

When editing a text professional editors read the text backwards, that is to say they start at the end, reaching the last sentence of the last paragraph, then moving sentence by sentence back through the content. The reason is so they don't get distracted by the substance of what is written and focus only on the structural aspects. I think the first rule of thumb for any game forums is that moderators shouldn't play the game in question, in order to remove any interest they may have in the substance of what is being discussed.

If it were up to me none of us would be moderators, and yes that means you too because you have an announced intention to play on console. I'd go find someone who plays Quadrilateral Cowboy (a real game on steam btw, look it up) and have them mod these forums. To be fair I would trade them you to moderate their forums because you have been diligent about following the rules so you're certainly proven trustworthy there, and what's more realistic than a Quadrilateral Cowboy? (don't answer that).

Ok I won’t answer that lol. 

I totally see where you are coming from, but I would actually like to mod this forum. I have seen plenty of activity that shouldn’t be accepted. I have also seen activity that wasn’t accepted when it should have been. That is just purely based on the forum rules.

there are definitely some disappointments that have been going on. The past does repeat itself 

22 minutes ago, Realist said:

I totally see where you are coming from, but I would actually like to mod this forum. I have seen plenty of activity that shouldn’t be accepted. I have also seen activity that wasn’t accepted when it should have been. That is just purely based on the forum rules.

there are definitely some disappointments that have been going on. The past does repeat itself 

LMFAO buy the game first RealAss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

LMFAO buy the game first RealAss.

Wow. You realize I was replying to boomer and he said that someone that was a mod should NOT own the game right?

😂😂😂

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Realist said:

It's a job where anyone who wants it has automatically disqualified themselves.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Posts with opinions won’t be shut down. People can call Wildcard anything they want like Realist did in the first 2 weeks, but that’s no merit for a ban or whatever. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ttech said:

Its always a egofest, where everyone tries to force their will onto others. I stopped ages ago (online since 1993) debatting in Forums.

From time to time i pick  the Nr. 1 Forum Troll and give him a hard time, until i get banned, just for my own entertainment *smile* <-- who am I ? *hrr*

And i can still read the Patch Notes (thanks TOR), even i stopped playing days ago and don't plan on returning (game is to boring and Devs are utterly bad in programming and game design).

Translation:
"I stopped debating in forums except I didn't really I just dont have any arguments so I go straight into personal insults and ruin it for everyone involved, because that is a mature thing to do. Because I am mature. See? I even claimed seniority over all of you by saying I had internet in 1993. Ofc you have to believe me, because no one lies on the internet. Anyway I don't even play the game, I just visit this forum from time to time to give some work to moderators, because that is the best way to spend my time I could think of."

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah I definitely should have been a mod.

I would actually like to mod this forum.

And that is coming from a guy going about insulting people for playing PVE.
Yeah, no. I'd rather have Twitter mods here than him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Icedlance said:

And that is coming from a guy going about insulting people for playing PVE.
Yeah, no. I'd rather have Twitter mods here than him.

I always act professional when I am working and I have a very strong work ethic. What I do in the personal time has nothing to do work

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Realist said:

I always act professional

That is not even how a professional speaks. But I admit you are quite the actor.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

That is not even how a professional speaks. But I admit you are quite the actor.

Either way the statement stands

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:31 AM, Realist said:

Ironic. 

• Like 1