Klaus Störtebeker

Let us have a home and challenges in PvE, please

2 minutes ago, CazzT said:

That's a bold claim.  Got something to back that up?  After your assertion that people are scared to lose a fight, I'd point you to raiding.  But you probably think that's "weak".  The same argument made by anyone who doesn't have what it takes to do anything but smash buttons on their keyboard/controller.

One of the most iconic pirate games in gaming history doesn't have PvP.  And last I checked, a pirate theme doesn't require PvP.

lolwut?  Why are you saying this to me?  All I'm doing is pointing out how people like you are the reason that people leave games.  No one wants to be part of a game's community when they get belittled by children (i don't care how old you are if you're behaving like a child) for not liking what you like.

Ah, so here we have the real truth.  If people don't play like you, they should leave.

You're just proving my point.  No one is "weak" or a "wimp" if they don't want to, or don't like, PvP.  What a childish, narrow-minded mentality.

1. what's your backup? right you don't have one too. It's simply coming out of 15 years of playing mmo type of games

2. this game is made to fight in huge companies against others.. they even stated that from dev side.. everything else is bonus on top.. so don't tell me this game is made to be pve.

3.this is not directly against you, but a lot of "ideas" coming into this forum from pve players are simply not doable.

Yea I'm the reason that people leave the game. That's bullshit. I can give you your argument back, you don't like what I like and you constantly trying to manipulate. Have you any Idea what I played before or what I'm doing? No, so whats giving you the right to judge me after your point of view, which clearly dislike pvp players? If you don't like my view then fine. Why do you even try to bring your own "arguments" in against that view? People who title people as children, should think about themself. Did I insult you in any way? No I didn't. Did you insult me now? Yes you did.. mh right whats the conclusion'?

the real truth? you still don't get it what? I'm tired of explaining it to you... if you don't see what this game is made for... I just stated if they want a real PVE game they can play eco i.e. Never said they should leave because they don't want to pvp. But this is coming back to your view of things. You interpret things into sentences multiple times for no reasons.

I'm not proving any of your points. ofc a lot of players are weak in playing games.. and also some people are realy good, otherwise there would never have been any kind of rankings made in games. You are stating my point of view as childish? Again you don't respect my view. I could also point your view to be a dickhead childish blinded view because you disagree with my view. Did I do that? No I didn't. But hey wait. Who was the child? mh hard thoughts on that mate

4 minutes ago, wintericem107 said:

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer

this is how it listed on steam as you can see it doesn't just say piracy it is for many types of player pvp and pve , now if devs would make some of the pvp thing only for pvp and some of the other thing just pve then fine most of what they been adding (in my humble thought process) has to do with them balancing the off line raiding players out complaining about. the adding to the island types was the stone being to hard to det up in pvp cuss no one had ship to go get them and such. Ive play both pvp and pve and while I was terrible at the pvp side and left, I enjoyee every moment on pve from ghost ships to treasure map. each has its place and to belittle them for there choice is wrong. 

yea and did you watch the statements of the developers like few months ago? Ofc they advertise a game in many different ways to get more people to buy it.. hey they are even true on the "settlement" now.

"while I was terrible at the pvp and left" well cazzt guy did u read that? oh wait your point of view was right myone is childish wrong view.

4 minutes ago, Arykos said:

what's your backup? right you don't have one too. It's simply coming out of 15 years of playing mmo type of games

You made the claim of 90%, so that's on you to back that up.  I haven't made any asinine claims so I don't have anything that needs to be backed up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arykos said:

"while I was terrible at the pvp and left" well cazzt guy did u read that? oh wait your point of view was right myone is childish wrong view.

I didn't say your point was childish I was saying that you shouldn't dump on ppl who don't play pvp server I think pvp servers should be there aand the ppl  who enjoy them power to them I tired and being a solo player I did not do well, but ppl enjoy them but there r ppl who enjoy the long game of breeding and taming and killing ghost ships and when the get back on online having a ship BOTH player base should be caterer to in there own server picking a part ppl from othere server type should not yell at one enougher as were play two different types of the game 

I also hate we ppl scream it a pirate game I can do what want most because pirates had to contend with the countries at the time, they also didn't build bases or conquer land, just saying it a little bit more then just a pirate game. 

Edited by wintericem107

yea your point of view is just true cazzt. you don't need to back anything up. all good. just go on insulting people as children who disagree with you. I'm out of this conversation.

• Like 1

im very confused I never called any one a child. I just stated that we shouldn't belittle one other

edit by me he was talking to cazzt not spelling crazy weird my bad guys my bad

Edited by wintericem107

Some of you guys just confirmed again, why I normally do not participate in forum discussion.

Would be nice to have a thread without trolls and polemic.

Of course people have different incentives to play the game and different playstyles. Atlas provides content for a lot of different players.

When I play MMORPGs I prefer playing on the PvP servers and love to fight. But here it is different.

I know my wife doesn't like to fight and we play this game in our own way and I think we are not alone. This game is rich in exploring and building. And i feel like a pirate on my own ship and fighting or avaiding SotD.

My wishes are of course aligned with my playstyle. And I understand, that other people want it differently. That is why I suggested to have 2 different kind of maps with diffferent settings. Technically it is not that hard to provide 2 different game versions, since it is only a parameter thingy.

My apologies to call my suggestion "hardcore". You are right - it is not hardcore but more challenging than the settings, which are in place now.

Having 2 worlds would ease up on the "all land is taken", too. And will ease on the freeport lag issue (which only occurs for 2 days. That should not be the reason to change the game (spawn everywhere).

Anyhow. I did not want to offend anybody or whine. I just wanted to articulate my thoughts about the upcoming and done changes to the game.
Because in general this is the moost fun game I played in years!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Icedlance said:

Beware, everyone, we got a (very honest) badass here! I bet he even played on an ARK "hardcore" server for a couple days so he can tell others how badass he is. Compared to him everyone's a whimp here. Or anywhere else really, as long as it's on the internet.

Nope. What he explained just had nothing to do with hardcore in the slightest 

5 hours ago, CazzT said:

I would like to see a compromise/hybrid of this and the proposed change.  Select zones should be excluded from the spawn list (other than golden age zones).  We have plenty of zones to choose from, some should require actually traveling to them.  They don't have to be based on anything specific, hell it could be randomly chosen which zones won't be spawn-listed (at server creation, not character creation/respawn).

Part of the game is exploration.  We need more than resources and power stones as a reason to do that.

I thought this was a screenshot of Dawnstar from Skyrim at first.  lol

You can't call people who prefer PvE over PvP wimps and it not be personal.  You are a perfect example of why people don't like the PvP crowd.

In all reality. OP chose to use the word wimp in the first place or else I never would have brought it up. He misplaced it and I just placed it in the right spot

1 hour ago, Klaus Störtebeker said:

Some of you guys just confirmed again, why I normally do not participate in forum discussion.

Would be nice to have a thread without trolls and polemic......

The moment I read your post I got the feeling you wouldn't get the polite, considered reaction you had hoped. 

Anyway, thank you for the OP. It was a nice read and I strongly agree with what you had to say. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Klaus Störtebeker said:

Hello everybody!

My wife and I play ATLAS since its release in December. It was the first game in years, which we both enjoyed equally. We both like different aspects of the game.

I love the exploring with the ship. I really like the mechanic how to steer the ships. Discovering a new island with different flora and fauna is awesome. I remeber the first time I saw Yeties and I just reasently discovered a desert with cactus and stuff.

She enjoys a lot the taming and breeding and running around with the animals.

I loved creating a home for us (the building part) and providing stables and ressources for her animals.

We have a small prt of a small Island, we call our home, which we improve weekly and increase our "zoo".

We play on PvE because we are not interested in fighting. We enjoyy the Robinson Crusoe part 🙂

Normally I am not so much of someone that writes in forums, especially because I am a product manager in a computer gaming company and I know, it mostly doeesn't reach the decision makers.

I love your perspective on the game.

I find it interesting that some of the pvp players can't understand why people would play a pirate game as pve,  when there's nothing to fight.  Well Klaus has told you how "fighting" works in pve - you fight against the environment.  Once they nerf the environment to make it too easy, they take away the thing you're supposed to be fighting against, along with any sense of accomplishment in it.

Most games screw this up, at least at first.  They go too far one way, then fix it by going too far the other way.  If they know what they're doing, they end up somewhere decent at the end.  I think Grapeshot is pushed to an extreme on it by the awkward launch.    They were trying to compensate for the bugs and the griefing, etc. with these changes and all the 2x 6x days.  To be fair, they still can't make some of the stuff harder.  It would be rotten to start up death penalties before they get the vitamins and food, issues with SOTD and some of the other stuff worked out, for example.

I think we just need to prepare for a longer timeline on these kinds of balance things.  It'll go too far one way, then another over time as the dust settles.  Giving good feedback on it will help, like not lumping them all together as one big thing, but understanding that they connect - like death penalties and food and vitamin balance, and how available the mats are for those, etc.

Atlas is NOT a pirate game at all, it is a survivalgame with ships.

there a no villages to raid to steal food  and goods

no big mergant companies ships to plunder

no countries like Spain, GB or France armyships go after you

you cant go into a pub to drink, sing dirty songs and go after waitresses...

this are the essentials for a pirate and should be on the pve part of this game

and not micro managing vitaminlevels every 5 minutes or sitting for two days to raise an animal

22 hours ago, Klaus Störtebeker said:

Hello everybody!

My wife and I play ATLAS since its release in December. It was the first game in years, which we both enjoyed equally. We both like different aspects of the game.

I love the exploring with the ship. I really like the mechanic how to steer the ships. Discovering a new island with different flora and fauna is awesome. I remeber the first time I saw Yeties and I just reasently discovered a desert with cactus and stuff.

She enjoys a lot the taming and breeding and running around with the animals.

I loved creating a home for us (the building part) and providing stables and ressources for her animals.

We have a small prt of a small Island, we call our home, which we improve weekly and increase our "zoo".

We play on PvE because we are not interested in fighting. We enjoyy the Robinson Crusoe part 🙂

Normally I am not so much of someone that writes in forums, especially because I am a product manager in a computer gaming company and I know, it mostly doeesn't reach the decision makers.

But I would like to mention the 2-3 things I wish they will not happen and one thing I actually would like reversed.

It feels like the game is getting easier and easier and you take away so many challenges. It shouldn't be so fast to achieve everything. That takes away the feeling of accomplishment.

1. Please do NOT let everybody spawn on any server or even island. Rather make it more difficult to reach certain region of the world. Don't let everybody get a Ramshakle Sloop from freeports (in 5-10 min). It was sooo much fun sailing of with the raft into the polar reagion and finding an excluded island. The wolves were crazy hard but after 100 attempts haveing a little cottage, that was safe from the wolves felt so great.
  2. We had bears on the island but no way of taming them because we had no honey. So we build a ship and I sailed out to find an island with honey to get it back to my wife for taming. I went from island to island. I was searching and asked people if they have seen bees and honey. After days I finally found honey. After some struggle with lions and crocodiles I managed to harvest some and sailed back to the arctic, where my wive tamed our first bear. Now you can tame with anyberry and makes it easy with the 2x taming weekends. Everybody has a bear by now. Where is the challenge?
    Same thing was for Giraffes: Finding wild beet, getting seeds, growing beet and taming a giraffe felt sooo rewarding. Using any vegetable feels like cheating and not special.
  3. By now you can find almost all ressources you need on every island. To encourage trading and exploring the islands should only provide the basic ressources and 1-2 special one. This would get people to interact and wander the whole world.
  4. The change, that is supposed to happen, that makes me the most sad is the removal of the clam flags. It felt great to have a place, that is yours. Our little paradise. Having a small piece of land, that you can call "home" is needed in this kind of game. Building a base is a big part of the game. We would like to have a garden and nature surrounding it, too. We want to create something inviting for other players as well. With the new system it will never be home and surrounding nature is impossible. Either people could build right next to you or it is spammed with pillars and/or foundations. Please give every player just 1 area (claim), where they can build their little paradise - their home.

The wipe hurts but please let us keep the game, we enjoyed so many hours. Let us have a little home; reinstate challenges!

My apologies, if it sounds like whining but I needed to say, what we feel about the upcoming changes. Maybe some who can do something about it (the product manager) hears about it.

Kind regards

Klaus Störtebeker

EU PvE

You are so right! Hope they get the message. 

11 hours ago, Percieval said:

I disagree since some of the most unbalanced changes made to this game, come from pve players. I don’t mind it since we all just gotta adjust. But if I must point to a group for screwing up this game, it’s the pve’ers. 

I'm curious, what changes are you thinking of? Most of the ones that I can think of are PvP related that trickled down to PvE:

Gun Nerf

Stone Nerf

Fire Arrow Nerf

Not being able to mount NPCs on bear carts.

The other big changes were either PvE specific and didn't hit PvP servers. Like the overweight sinking exploit.

The only thing that comes to mind that was more PvE than PvP specific request were tames. People on both sides complained about the tame nerf, PvE more than PvP, true, in all honestly, I'm not sure why they didn't just up player damage against tames. Wouldn't have affected us on PvE, and PvP could 1-2 shot animals.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Realist said:

First off you have no clue what hardcore means.

on ark we had hardcore servers. You know what happens when someone dies? They go back to level 1. Even if you were level 100 and spend the weeks to get to 100 on atlas, guess what? If you die, you go back to level 1. 

Dont give me this crap of what you think hardcore is. Because real hardcore is if you die you lose everything.

dont come here trying to act like you want something hard lol. You just want something that is very slightly more difficult so you can tell everyone you are hardcore.

never use that word again

EDIT: as it was supposed to be. Are you retarded? No, this game should have been a lot harder than it was. The suggestions you made was simply to make it easier for you. You should be ashamed of yourself. Smh. 

Way to be a jackass, you are what’s wrong with gaming communities. Calling people who enjoy the game they play but would like tweaks “retards, whimps etc” 

Keep your comments to yourself 

3 hours ago, King Sinbad said:

Way to be a jackass, you are what’s wrong with gaming communities. Calling people who enjoy the game they play but would like tweaks “retards, whimps etc” 

Keep your comments to yourself 

Nope. I have no plan to keep anything to myself. He was also the one the used the word wimp to begin with.

also no, you are actually the problem with the gaming community. The fact you think it is a real community to begin with shows you are the problem 

Edited by Realist

13 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

I'm curious, what changes are you thinking of? Most of the ones that I can think of are PvP related that trickled down to PvE:

Gun Nerf

Stone Nerf

Fire Arrow Nerf

Not being able to mount NPCs on bear carts.

The other big changes were either PvE specific and didn't hit PvP servers. Like the overweight sinking exploit.

The only thing that comes to mind that was more PvE than PvP specific request were tames. People on both sides complained about the tame nerf, PvE more than PvP, true, in all honestly, I'm not sure why they didn't just up player damage against tames. Wouldn't have affected us on PvE, and PvP could 1-2 shot animals.

Good that you said it yourself. The tames are way too OP. Building gally’s in a day, brigs 2 hours. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of ship parts already laying about. Your ship needs to be the 2nd biggest character in the game. Now it’s just mayham, ship spam, nobody cares. Sea battles are not the way they were before. Now it’s full kamikaze mode because ‘I’ll make another gally before I go to bed’, not to mention that 1 day is from scratch. If you pick the items already in storage, you have a new full out gally within 1 hour. They have completely taken away enjoyment out of sea battles, land battles.. when there’s a gally at our base, why bother chasing it? Before we return to our base they have a new one built. Your ship and your base needs to be an achievement. People crying ‘risk vs reward’ is not worth it. Well then don’t make the damn animals gods in this game but change the risk/reward system. And until now I’m only talking about the harvesting animals. Don’t get me started on the bears that made our gold storage go up from 400K to approx 2M within a few days. It’s so stupid, and it’s even sad since the devs didn’t want the tames to play a big role at all, but here we are. 

I do find it funny the devs think significant upkeep costs in the upcoming patch are gonna do it. There’s literally 0 challenge in keeping an settlement up if you have god animals. If they nerf the animals, that’s when you get a good game with a working system. Now it’s all just boo ha boo hoo. 

Edited by Percieval

9 hours ago, Percieval said:

Good that you said it yourself. The tames are way too OP. Building gally’s in a day, brigs 2 hours. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of ship parts already laying about. Your ship needs to be the 2nd biggest character in the game. Now it’s just mayham, ship spam, nobody cares. Sea battles are not the way they were before. Now it’s full kamikaze mode because ‘I’ll make another gally before I go to bed’, not to mention that 1 day is from scratch. If you pick the items already in storage, you have a new full out gally within 1 hour. They have completely taken away enjoyment out of sea battles, land battles.. when there’s a gally at our base, why bother chasing it? Before we return to our base they have a new one built. Your ship and your base needs to be an achievement. People crying ‘risk vs reward’ is not worth it. Well then don’t make the damn animals gods in this game but change the risk/reward system. And until now I’m only talking about the harvesting animals. Don’t get me started on the bears that made our gold storage go up from 400K to approx 2M within a few days. It’s so stupid, and it’s even sad since the devs didn’t want the tames to play a big role at all, but here we are. 

I do find it funny the devs think significant upkeep costs in the upcoming patch are gonna do it. There’s literally 0 challenge in keeping an settlement up if you have god animals. If they nerf the animals, that’s when you get a good game with a working system. Now it’s all just boo ha boo hoo. 

Gotcha. I read your statement as 'most of the unbalanced changes' as opposed to 'the most unbalanced change' came from PvE.

I'd suggest changing tame gather rates on PvP servers, but at the same time, there were more than a few PvPers complaining about having to farm up a ship every morning due to offliners, which has possibly been addressed.

Its a hard balance to strike. Ships need to be accessible enough that losing your brig doesn't mean that you'll be doing damn near nothing but farming for a week to be able to get back out on the water, but not disposable.

As far as the bears and the treasure maps, I don't see that as being completely the animals' fault. They made it a bit quicker to get to the spot to dig, and kill the guardians, but a couple of smart players could have done it almost as efficiently. The sailing time is still the biggest time-sink in map hunting. I think that that complaint speaks more to the effect x2 weekends have on treasure maps. What level/how much gold were the maps you were getting, anyway? The masterworks that I've seen are 4-6k gold each, if we average it out to 10k on double weekends, that would be 160 maps?

Edited by MeatSammich