Sign in to follow this  
Talono

ETA of PTR server ?

Any start date known ? Better to explore the new mechanics than to roam a dying world.

• Like 1

Agreed. Our whole company including former departures are all waiting for the PTR so we can determine what our next move is. I'm personally anxious for it because I'm afraid the current changes to PVE will unleash trolls and the bring back some of the horrible behavior we saw early on.  

2 hours ago, Oslion said:

Agreed. Our whole company including former departures are all waiting for the PTR so we can determine what our next move is. I'm personally anxious for it because I'm afraid the current changes to PVE will unleash trolls and the bring back some of the horrible behavior we saw early on.  

Well, they could pillar your ships for instance, so that you cant leave.

Or limit your base building with pillars.

I experienced the PVE trolls to be much more smart and genius than the simple minded PVP pewpew trolls.

3 hours ago, yneternum said:

They told us one week before wipe, so probably next week.

If they could move that time line up, it might help ignite some more positive discussion on these forums and the discord. It's getting pretty dark in and outside the game.

• Like 1

Well they said they wanted us to test it out for them on PTR so we could give them feedback and work things out for them. I hardly think a week is long enough. Especially when people have RL to deal with. Bring it out now. 

Edited by Eve BlackVeil
  • Like 2

We had a guy place bouys around during the bouy resource bug. We had groups trying to sink ships using weight exploits. We had people using keycode programs breaking into our storage boxes, ships placed in shipyards, foundations spammed, walls put up, etc. We finally had the island (mostly) full of good people and the wipe was announced. I'm hoping we get info to them as to how things will work so we can all decide what to do.

The sooner we can get access to the PTR the better.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, yneternum said:

One week before changes this large will not be long enough to test...

Is it a test realm or does the T stand for teaser?

Some immense changes coming i really hope to see the test realm up ... now effectively.

So many people will be logging onto it in order to make their plans for the re-release date. Im fairly concerned that it will collapse for at least the first 2 days under the crushing weight.

Edited by MisterMyztik

People will be wanting to explore the new islands to see where they want to settle. We all know how long sailing servers to do that takes....

One week for PTR? No bueno kind sirs!

12 minutes ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

People will be wanting to explore the new islands to see where they want to settle. We all know how long sailing servers to do that takes....

One week for PTR? No bueno kind sirs!

If you suggest that the wipe and patch should be further delayed so that you can spend more time cruising around the PTR to find the perfect beach house location, I will pvp you.

You will get one week and you will like it young lady!

Also I don’t speak Russian.

Lol I said "people" not "l", silly. I was giving an example. I have seen people mention that is what they want to do.

I have my location. Screw claimable land.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, Talono said:

Any start date known ? Better to explore the new mechanics than to roam a dying world.

The second it compiles!

On 3/9/2019 at 7:40 AM, Eve BlackVeil said:

Screw claimable land.

This! I am so sorry they are unclear how will they treat lawless, or will they even allow us to build defenses there like swivels and puckles.

• Like 1

Last info is, that the PTR will be started on march 20th. That means that the live world will most likely not go online in march.

So more nice weekends with your girlfriends 😀👍🏻

And to answer GNIHAR (i am really happy to see at least one very rare guy with a brain here) :

Lawless will be in general like now but you have to repair your base. As lawless in the new system will be the only option to go for non-megatribes and non-masochist-slaves the details of that decay-repair system in PVP will for me decide if i stay or leave.

Edited by Talono

On 3/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, yneternum said:

Or they could just give us a hard and fast definate date. Would that be too much to ask?

19 minutes ago, Jerrimiah said:

Or they could just give us a hard and fast definate date. Would that be too much to ask?

Last time they did that with something big.. 

On 3/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, Talono said:

This!! If they had half a brain they would of had that server ready before they said they were going to wipe.. lol That way it would of not allowed many including myself to jump ship and purchase the competitions games.. lol I do strongly feel like it would of been a wise move.. Give ample time for people to play and feel out the changes before wipe.. Instead once again they just let shit hit the fan until they can come duct tape it up  until it needs to be fixed again.. lol I'm not hating I realize they are busy but it would of been the smart move..

Tomorrow Outlaws of the Old West comes out, so we can cover the waiting with wild west gunslinger ARK 🙂