Sign in to follow this  
Nearchous

A pirate game?

I am not a forum fan , i am 45 y.o.  and this is one of the tens of games i have ever played. I wantet to share my thoughts for first and maybe last time in that game. 

Some have not yet understood why this game did not keep its players for even two months , lets try to find some of the reasons:

a) the game was advertised like a Pirate Game , was tens of thousents of players looking for a pirate game with multicrue option  somehow realistic  (m2)....when in the market was only the "sea of thieves" where is mostly like cartoon for kids. 

Soon they realise that this game is not a Pirate game...with animals in building size...with ghost pirate ships...with a design...nobody understand what ecsactly is it...with "Dragons"  ....with the submarine addition comming....well....if only the "spiderman" is missing...this is disneyland game. Nobody understand ecsactly what game category is this.

b) in all games with clear PVP servers one characteristic is common :  people leaving servers when they losing all , that ecsactly happen (and will always happen) in Atlas PVP servers as long they dont conect PVP with PVE  servers (like EvE  safe and security arreas)

c) with a lot of people wanted to play PVE  , griefers was killing their game in the first 2 months by sinking their ships with the overweght methode , whenever you was visiting a freeport you could see....tens of rafts was sinking and sending  "noobs" out of game.

d) devs was watching some toxic kids spaming all day in discord chat for "wipe" and finaly they did their favor...by ingoring the remaining "healthy" players was still playing this game....this way they will send more people out.

Lets say they  have fix the "C"  , even if they fix the "b"  .....the  "a" is a the bigest problem of this game and they will never take back the 30000 players left it in the first month.

• Like 1

It is labeled as a pirate themed survival game. As for the kids asking for a wipe, there were many, many people asking for a wipe. On the forums reddit and evidently on discord. It doesn’t matter to me. When i bought the game I knew wipes could happen, especially in a game with lots of islands. So I’m not surprised nor angry at them. Even though I’ll lose everything I spend my hours on. 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It is labeled as a pirate themed survival game. As for the kids asking for a wipe, there were many, many people asking for a wipe. On the forums reddit and evidently on discord. It doesn’t matter to me. When i bought the game I knew wipes could happen, especially in a game with lots of islands. So I’m not surprised nor angry at them. Even though I’ll lose everything I spend my hours on. 

I personally dont care about the wipe, i was in lowless anyways , when you enjoy the game you dont even need to claim land , only some toxic users crying all the time for....what? to own a land and take taxes?i mostly care that my 600 hours of game drop it to garbage becouse some kids wanted more.

Edited by Nearchous

Alright but lawless so can’t be much. I feel more sorry for the people that have built these enormous bases and structures in PvE and PvP. 

I agree, it isn't a pirate game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is an Age of Sails fantasy game. Maybe a pirate game was the original thought they had and got seriously side tracked, I don't know. I personally have no problem with it not being a pirate game, but I would like to see less focus on the fantasy elements like the SoD. 

As to the rest of your post, the wipe had nothing to do with the individuals chanting "wipe". It was going to happen sooner or later without them. It may happen again. Yeah it sucks to lose hours of work. I don't want to lose my bases or galleon or all my tames, but sh** happens. I woke up every day for the first month the game was out expecting everything to be gone when I logged in. At least now I more or less have a time frame. 

40 minutes ago, Nearchous said:

I am not a forum fan , i am 45 y.o.  and this is one of the tens of games i have ever played.

You're 45?  Pffft, just another kid to someone my age.  You write like a kid, anyway.  Sounds like you only started playing games very recently, too.  It's only $20 of pixels on your screen - try not to take it so seriously.  The grown-ups don't.

2 hours ago, Coggage said:

You're 45?  Pffft, just another kid to someone my age.  You write like a kid, anyway.  Sounds like you only started playing games very recently, too.  It's only $20 of pixels on your screen - try not to take it so seriously.  The grown-ups don't.

If he writes like a kid, then you do so like an defective embryo, although embryos would and could never appear as patronizing, self-entitled I-know-everything douches. So yeah, good try sounding like an adult. Bye