Sign in to follow this  
slightlymad79

Official PVP Hardcore mode request

Just now, Bullet Force said:

So you will be successfully defending with your 14 man PVE bob tribe against a mega tribe of 100+ players some of whom may also be PVE / Farmer types but who will also be led by the core PVP players in that tribe and who will have access to far superior equipment and greater supplies then you will have.

That would make a great novel, a truly fantastic story.

Whatever you lying, backstabbing, delusional, self biased coward. LOL, I also begin to think you do not even know how this game really works. So your bad at actually fighting, you lie to attempt to make points, you backstab allies and brag about it, you claim "most" of the game base supports your stance when literal proof is there to look at that says this is not the case, you claim others are "whining" when it is actually YOU that does the whining and crying. Are you 16 years old? Because you seriously talk and seem to think like a 16 year old. 

HAHAHA you just suck at the game. What a BUNCH of assumptions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

No you asked for a mode that is purposely designed from the ground up to inhibit and stop PVP

Incorrect once again, and your confusion continues to be that you DO NOT understand what PvP is.  The community was asking for the game to force more PvP, and prevent PvO.  You continue to not understand that PvO is not PvP.  You are not the least bit hardcore.  Hardcore PvP players take no joy from knocking down empty bases, sinking empty ships, or even fighting against somebody who has no chance against them. 

Come play some Star Marine with me.  You won't have a numbers advantage, nor a time advantage.  Just 1v1 with an identical choice of weapons and armor.  I will even use the same exact stuff you do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

So you will be successfully defending with your 14 man PVE bob tribe against a mega tribe of 100+ players some of whom may also be PVE / Farmer types but who will be led by the core PVP players in that tribe and who will have access to far superior equipment and greater supplies then you will ever dream of having.

Now that would make a great novel, a truly fantastic story.

Once again, proving he's not a hardcore PvP player.   Hardcore PvP players don't like games that reward numbers or time investment.  Hardcore PvP players like games that reward skill, and skill alone.

You, are not hardcore.  You are the very type that I stated, are not good at PvP games, so you hide in games like this, using numbers and time, to have an advantage against better players.  Without those advantages, you would be exposed.  You know it, and we know it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Incorrect once again, and your confusion continues to be that you DO NOT understand what PvP is.  The community was asking for the game to force more PvP, and prevent PvO.  You continue to not understand that PvO is not PvP.  You are not the least bit hardcore.  Hardcore PvP players take no joy from knocking down empty bases, sinking empty ships, or even fighting against somebody who has no chance against them. 

Come play some Star Marine with me.  You won't have a numbers advantage, nor a time advantage.  Just 1v1 with an identical choice of weapons and armor.  I will even use the same exact stuff you do.

Hardcore PVP players do not give a damn whether your base is occupied or empty, whether your ship has masts or not. Its dead either way. You seem to think we pull out some kind or moral compass when we rock up to a base that dictates whether we should attack them or be nice based upon whether they are around or not. I sure as hell do not and I am sure others are the same. 

On 3/23/2019 at 3:52 AM, Bullet Force said:

Hardcore PVP players do not give a damn whether your base is occupied or empty, whether your ship has masts or not. Its dead either way. You seem to think we pull out some kind or moral compass when we rock up to a base that dictates whether we should attack them or be nice based upon whether they are around or not. I sure as hell do not and I am sure others are the same. 

That first statement is kind of absurd, since you have already written in  detail on how you offline raid and anonymously grief people because you don't want face them head on. While it might be true "hardcore PvP players do not give a damn if the base is occupied or not", you are clearly not a hardcore pvper by your own definition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Once again, proving he's not a hardcore PvP player.   Hardcore PvP players don't like games that reward numbers or time investment.  Hardcore PvP players like games that reward skill, and skill alone.

You, are not hardcore.  You are the very type that I stated, are not good at PvP games, so you hide in games like this, using numbers and time, to have an advantage against better players.  Without those advantages, you would be exposed.  You know it, and we know it.

The guy reminds me with his mindset of an alpha owner of a cluster I started on in Ark 2 years ago.

That guy used subterfuge and intimidation to cow my old owner into submitting to him in all matters, and generally had all the attitude of a pragmatic demigod in his diplomacy ventures by using fear, conspiracy, lies/disinformation, spies and all other manner of information warfare tools.

He successfully created an aura of all knowing and power, enabling him to rule without a bullet fired.

Needless to say, as only an admin back then, I was constantly building "forbidden" stuff where he forbade my owner to build, and he often found himself turreted down, much to his constant frustration and my amusement. Oh, he was very mad at me, but seeing that I had a huge say in that tribe on one hand, and on another, calculating that bullying and keeping us in fear would do more good than open war at that point. A classical bully mindset.

Later on, much has changed, and in the end, it turned out that this was his only real forte: information warfare. That, and the ability to practically be online 24 7 and so to say play wearing diapers.

In PvP, his skills and those of his tribe were somewhat lacking to say the least. All talk, no action.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:52 PM, Bullet Force said:

You literally just proved that you are not a Hardcore PvP player.  But, you are great at back stabbing your allies. 

On 3/25/2019 at 11:21 PM, Pant said:

That first statement is kind of absurd, since you have already written in  detail on how you offline raid and anonymously grief people because you don't want face them head on. While it might be true "hardcore PvP players do not give a damn if the base is occupied or not", you are clearly not a hardcore pvper by your own definition.

I have never said I purposefully offline raid people but rather I will raid any base that I can regardless if owner is online or not. You are clearly getting confused between a minority of players that wait for someone to go offline and the majority of players that just attack and if the owner isn't there then too bad.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You literally just proved that you are not a Hardcore PvP player.  But, you are great at back stabbing your allies. 

As I said in several posts this game has many different facets to it and one of them is the art of diplomacy and using strategic initiative to gain the upper hand. At the end of the day when it comes down to it your allies are expendable especially if its the difference between your tribe coming out on top or losing out. I am more then prepared to cast them to the wind in that situation and I am sure they would do likewise to us given the opportunity.

These kind of games are very fluid you have to adapt and change with the prevailing winds.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

I have never said I purposefully offline raid people but rather I will raid any base that I can regardless if owner is online or not. You are clearly getting confused between a minority of players that wait for someone to go offline and the majority of players that just attack and if the owner isn't there then too bad.

You posted one of your chestthumping walls of texts a few weeks back on how you would offline raid an enemy in ARK before the main raid. No you don't flat out say that you offline raided them, but anyone with half a brain can read between the lines and understand thats what you do.

You are dillusional if you think online attacks on the current system happens more often then offline attacks. I remember a poll a while back about how people lost their ships and losing it while offline had over 80% of the votes. If you made a similar poll about offline raiding bases, I am sure you'll get a similar result.

Edited by Pant

3 hours ago, Pant said:

You posted one of your chestthumping walls of texts a few weeks back on how you would offline raid an enemy in ARK before the main raid. No you don't flat out say that you offline raided them, but anyone with half a brain can read between the lines and understand thats what you do.

You are dillusional if you think online attacks on the current system happens more often then offline attacks. I remember a poll a while back about how people lost their ships and losing it while offline had over 80% of the votes. If you made a similar poll about offline raiding bases, I am sure you'll get a similar result.

Polls are in accurate for a number of reasons. The first is obviously you are going to attract a very specific kind of person mostly that of an activist who has a keen interest in pushing a certain view. Secondly the vast majority of this game's player base do not have forum accounts so regardless of votes its never to be truly representative of anything.

I've lost 2 of 17 ships while online.   Very few people I know lost more ships online than off. 

Edited by DocHolliday

48 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Polls are in accurate for a number of reasons. The first is obviously you are going to attract a very specific kind of person mostly that of an activist who has a keen interest in pushing a certain view. Secondly the vast majority of this game's player base do not have forum accounts so regardless of votes its never to be truly representative of anything.

The sample size was 200-300 people if i remember correctly while yes it needs to be taken with a grain of salt like every poll. You are never gonna get 100% participation on a poll, its meant to be an indication and the indication is very much in line with my experiences.

I really can not speak for the silent majority that you keep bringing up, but then again neither can you so I don't undertand why you keep using it as an argument.