Sign in to follow this  
slightlymad79

Official PVP Hardcore mode request

I really don't get the issue the people objecting to the post got what they wanted all im asking is for the people that don't want this ruleset get to play with the ruleset they want.

Also if you look at the pricing of private servers just to get one the size of officials its way outpriced of what the average gamer can afford and only nitrado whos customer service

is really not that great 

TBH, I would also like a a server setup with the exact ruleset I personally think would be best. Id also like to not pay for it and funnel a population into it by listing it as an "Official" server.

I also love reading the vocal super minority plead this or that about the new rule set and claim it  will eliminate pvp. When its designed to improve pvp and game play by setting a lose time frame on when an islands tenants will be there to fight with you. 

The real argument no one has the "balls" to say openly is summarized as this;

"I was awesome at finding people and companies with litttle to no defense or personnel online and i felt smarter and better at this game than them for it. " #offlineFTW #sleepwell

Otherwise, they would say,

"Fucking finaly,  i have a tool that lets me know there should be someone there to fight!"

• Like 1

Want hardcore pvp? get rid of all the time sync in PVE in a PVP environment. Otherwise all the facts in this OP are fake news. You have no count on if ppl will like the new system, or wish to have the old system. Anyone providing facts here are totally flawed. There is so many others that do not even care about this forum.

There is a game that have all this rules. And less water but you can sail to. You can run naked and kill buildings.   The building is even shots back. You can even tame animals. It is called ark.  They have the mode you wanna play to pvp. But the big secret if you do it when they are offline.... Then it's not PvP but player against environment. 

Edited by awakatanka

On 3/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, Talono said:

Ohh my god, what are all these carebears doing in our PVP forum ?

Change to the flower power warm shower guys in the forum below.

Below any kind of balls.

How is being online 24/7 in your mums basement "having balls"? Go mesh someone in ARK instead of fighting us noobs here on a forum, mr. big ball 🙂

Edited by Willard

I honestly believe that we will have better raids now with the new system then just throwing 10 oil jars and a few arrows on a raft to go sink a gally. Seriously this is what PVP is like and has been since the start. The bigger boys just aim bot win, bear cart spam instead of being a normal game with 10 gallys all going to fight. Landing craft what ever but make the pvp side of things interesting. I am not here to play Ark and if it is more ark in the end, ill leave and this will be the very last Wildcard game i play.

I do no want to keep building stone foundations and stone gates to protect what i worked hard at building and thats my ship.

• Confused 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, Sneakydude said:

I honestly believe that we will have better raids now with the new system then just throwing 10 oil jars and a few arrows on a raft to go sink a gally. Seriously this is what PVP is like and has been since the start. The bigger boys just aim bot win, bear cart spam instead of being a normal game with 10 gallys all going to fight. Landing craft what ever but make the pvp side of things interesting. I am not here to play Ark and if it is more ark in the end, ill leave and this will be the very last Wildcard game i play.

I do no want to keep building stone foundations and stone gates to protect what i worked hard at building and thats my ship.

So you go to war an incredible choice of 3 ships and 2 cannons. Oooh yea better raiding.

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

So you go to war an incredible choice of 3 ships and 2 cannons. Oooh yea better raiding.

You need to look at the improvements they are adding in. Only so many cannons you can use? era... dont expect any M16 rifles, because you will have to go to a modded server. Jking aside they are going to be adding in more content. Its early yet.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, Willard said:

And where is the difference between this and current system which u advocate where megas can fill the server and defenders can't log in?

I like how everyone knows exactly how the system will be abused 3 weeks before patch hits without having more concrete info from devs.

This is coming from experience the Japanese did just that to us they flooded our server while we were asleep with 150 guys then when they started raiding it was booting all the defenders off to other tiles , It works the other way too when we went for them we couldn't join the server as they had it stacked full

On 3/4/2019 at 7:35 AM, slightlymad79 said:

With the new patch notes "raid windows and war tokens" this is appealing to some players but there is also a large chunk of the community that wants normal PVP without

invincible god mode outside normal hours .

Can I suggest we have the following :-

1- 1 server for the new ruleset (march update)

2- 1 server for hardcore mode :-

No land claim

Everything is lawless

Standard PVP ruleset anytime anywhere

Hell even put all of EU and US on the one hardcore server if your worried about population.

This way everyone gets what they want , the hardcore PVP crew go one way , the rest go on the new ruleset

The biggest problem with your post is that you assume the hardcore are those who want the old rule set.  Incorrect.  The Hardcore don't want game mechanics that allow those who are NOT hardcore, from avoiding PvP by PvOing instead.  Hardcore PvP players seek a challenge vs other human players.  It will be decades before AI is able to fully simulate human players.  So to get a true hardcore challenge, you need to play against humans.  ARK and Atlas, did not offer a good setting for real PvP action because as the Devs admitted, the present mechanics allow, and actually encourage people to avoid PvP, and instead, PvO.

I do not see those arguing for the ability to offline raid people, as being hardcore.  I see them as just the opposite.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, slightlymad79 said:

I really don't get the issue the people objecting to the post got what they wanted all im asking is for the people that don't want this ruleset get to play with the ruleset they want.

Also if you look at the pricing of private servers just to get one the size of officials its way outpriced of what the average gamer can afford and only nitrado whos customer service

is really not that great 

When your desires are outside of the majority, but you have enough players who want the same thing, Unofficial is your only recourse.  While servers are not cheap, they aren't overly expensive if everyone chips in a little bit each month.

People have to understand that things cost money, but if it is worth the price, then it is better to pay.  For instance, WWIIOL: Battleground Europe was one of the best gaming experiences of my life, but it was a subscription based game.  That was just fine with me, because I had a stable server, updates for the game that added content, and a Dev crew that policed their game to root out cheaters.  Thus, 18 years later, the game is still being played.

The fact is, most people do not want to work all day at their job, go home and work for hours to build something, go to bed, go to work, get home, and find that somebody offlined their stuff, and now they have to build again.  Grinding isn't fun, which is why it's called GRINDING.  Nobody wants to grind all the time, to make targets for other people to destroy.  Other people play the game for their own enjoyment, not yours.  For people to want to play a game with you, they have to be having a good time.  If they aren't, they go find something else to do.

Look at it like this...a lot of people like stacking mods.  So almost all Unofficial servers have a stacking mod.  But Grapeshot shows no interest in making one.  OK, well they don't need a mod, they would just need to increase the stack sizes, but the seem to like the stack sizes they have.  This isn't even something a minority want...half the community likes bigger stacks, which again is why most Unofficials have them.

JACK wind your neck in and slink into the shadows you play on a private x20 server and you still had the audacity to whine about taming being too hard.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, Chucksteak said:

The real argument no one has the "balls" to say openly is summarized as this;

"I was awesome at finding people and companies with litttle to no defense or personnel online and i felt smarter and better at this game than them for it. " #offlineFTW #sleepwell

Otherwise, they would say,

"Fucking finaly,  i have a tool that lets me know there should be someone there to fight!"

I wish I could Like your post more than once for this.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:49 PM, slightlymad79 said:

Well it seems that the split is half half , what is so wrong with giving people choice?

At the moment players that don't want it are being forced into it.

I wanted sandbox open world PVP like it quoted in the advert.

If players cant handle it they whine and stamp their feet and get it changed . I lost ships offline , I learnt how to combat it, I also learnt how to protect my goods seems a lot of people cant think outside the box and will be happy being invulnerable to PVE on their little rock that crap will get boring fast , MEGA tribe wont attack mega tribe nothing will change.

There are far too many ways to exploit the raid timings as a mega , simply get all the players of the alliance into the one server and camp it till the timer runs out as long as its 150/150 no one can get in , the Japanese streamer army did it to us no one could join to defend .

I really don't get why your spewing so much ahte , your getting your PVE/PVP light mode

So why cant we ask for a pure PVP mode for the big kids?

These PVE infiltrators are an odd bunch. They join our PVP servers, then try and build their usual badly designed pretty looking PVE bases and as a result get rapidly deleted. Then they pop up on the forum and start demanding there be  less "PVP" and that there be rules and regulations and that people should be nice to one another.

Even now with  the devs creating two servers including a PVP Lite mode for them, these folks are still demanding that everyone should be playing their way or else. They seem to be forgetting that they are in the minority. The vast majority of players prefer total war and with it the freedom to attack anyone anywhere anytime.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:45 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The biggest problem with your post is that you assume the hardcore are those who want the old rule set.  Incorrect.  The Hardcore don't want game mechanics that allow those who are NOT hardcore, from avoiding PvP by PvOing instead.  Hardcore PvP players seek a challenge vs other human players.  It will be decades before AI is able to fully simulate human players.  So to get a true hardcore challenge, you need to play against humans.  ARK and Atlas, did not offer a good setting for real PvP action because as the Devs admitted, the present mechanics allow, and actually encourage people to avoid PvP, and instead, PvO.

I do not see those arguing for the ability to offline raid people, as being hardcore.  I see them as just the opposite.

Mr Hardcore is back. You are definitely anything but a hardcore PVP player. In post after post you have been demanding less PVP, more hand holding, more safe spaces, more protection. :classic_rolleyes: 

Why don't you link us to that video again of all those "hardcore" bases you made on PVE servers in ARK, you know the ones with the cute towers and pretty glasswork with next to zero defenses:classic_laugh: I just can't take you seriously after you posted that video. I don't even know why you aren't playing on some private password protected role player server. That is clearly where you belong.

The good news for is you are getting your PVP Lite server and we are getting our hardcore server as the devs themselves described it as. 

19 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Mr Hardcore is back. You are definitely anything but a hardcore PVP player. In post after post you have been demanding less PVP, more hand holding, more safe spaces, more protection. :classic_rolleyes: 

Why don't you link us to that video again of all those "hardcore" bases you made on PVE servers in ARK, you know the ones with the cute towers and pretty glasswork with next to zero defenses:classic_laugh: I just can't take you seriously after you posted that video. I don't even know why you aren't playing on some private password protected role player server. That is clearly where you belong.

The good news for is you are getting your PVP Lite server and we are getting our hardcore server as the devs themselves described it as. 

What server is your hardcore company playing on again?

You still quiting?

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, Bullet Force said:

Incorrect once again.  I, as well as many others, ask for PvP.  You asked for, and received, the continued ability to avoid PvP.  Have fun hitting empty bases and ships.  LMAO

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Incorrect once again.  I, as well as many others, ask for PvP.  You asked for, and received, the continued ability to avoid PvP.  Have fun hitting empty bases and ships.  LMAO

He has to find the other 3 people who plan to play this mode first. I guess it will be easier to hit empty bases when they are all sailing around trying to find each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

No you asked for a mode that is purposely designed from the ground up to inhibit and stop PVP by adding various mechanisms which make it much harder to fight. PVP is only allowed for just 9 hours per day on the server which means that the other two thirds of the server time is PVE. Then on top of this you have to purchase an expensive war token and on top of that you can't use it more then once on the same island and finally you have to be online at the time the defender sets.

So  while theoretically there might be 9 hours of battle per day in reality its more likely to be maybe one battle per week or even one per fortnight depending on where you live. Its little more then a glorified PVE server which is after all what you are really after anyhow.

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

He has to find the other 3 people who plan to play this mode first. I guess it will be easier to hit empty bases when they are all sailing around trying to find each other.

Give it a week or two and I am sure you will be back on the forum complaining about Colonies being too hard or that people are using team work against me and that should be banned.

Edited by Bullet Force

7 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Give it a week or two and I am sure you will be back on the forum complaining about Colonies being too hard or that people are using team work against me and that should be banned.

Once again you are a complete LIAR. I have never ONCE complained about the old system before the announced changes. As I have said in other posts my company I and were fine. We started late on the PvP servers yet somehow managed to take territory from a mega, fought said mega for it , slowly went from me solo to 2, to 4, then eventually to 14. My company was growing in the old system. You imply I came here crying about the game before they announced the changes and wipe. Incorrect. I just can see how TERRIBLE the old system was/is and so does most of the player base we see posting and talking about it. Team work? How much team work does it take to offline, Mr. Hardcore? I WANT real PvP I WANT you to come try and take my base, you are the type that just does NOT WANT me to actually be there. You talk about tactics and strategy and then equate them to offlining LOL. You are the weak one. You are the one that does not want to fight others. Not once have I seen you talk about wanting to actually fight anyone. You are the type that gets rolled in real PvP then comes to a game like this where you can sneak around and hit people from behind, or when they are not there, so you can tell yourself your so hardcore in this game and everyone else is not. Then you join the zerg for safety. It is hilarious.

I will see you in colonies Mr. Hardcore.

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Once again you are a complete LIAR. I have never ONCE complained about the old system before the announced changes. As I have said in other posts my company I and were fine. We started late on the PvP servers yet somehow managed to take territory from a mega, fought said mega for it , slowly went from me solo to 2, to 4, then eventually to 14. My company was growing in the old system. You imply I came here crying about the game before they announced the changes and wipe. Incorrect. I just can see how TERRIBLE the old system was/is and so does most of the player base we see posting and talking about it. Team work? How much team work does it take to offline, Mr. Hardcore? I WANT real PvP I WANT you to come try and take my base, you are the type that just does NOT WANT me to actually be there. You talk about tactics and strategy and then equate them to offlining LOL. You are the weak one. You are the one that does not want to fight others. Not once have I seen you talk about wanting to actually fight anyone. You are the type that gets rolled in real PvP then comes to a game like this where you can sneak around and hit people from behind, or when they are not there, so you can tell yourself your so hardcore in this game and everyone else is not. Then you join the zerg for safety. It is hilarious.

I will see you in colonies Mr. Hardcore.

So in the old system you were in a small tribe that allegedly did well but then somehow you ended up hating the old system?

I am kind of doubting that your tribe did well but anyway ok even so, what makes you think that you will do better against mega tribes in Colonies?

Offline protection? Nope that will just delay the inevitable.

War token cost? That is mere pocket change to a mega.

Raid window? Nope megas will have players on around the clock even if you set the window to 4am they will still be there to wipe your base clean.

If I was in a small tribe I can tell you now I would not want to play Colonies. By playing Colonies in a small tribe you are basically throwing away any advantages you might have being in a small tribe and at the same time inheriting all the disadvantages that come with being in a small tribe. You can no longer launch surprise attacks or take advantage of weak enemy bases/vulnerable targets. You are instead now forced into a direct head to head confrontation with the mega tribe. That is 50 players + all their secondary tribes + their allies vs your little rabble.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Bullet Force

Allegedly.. LOL. Not everyone is a liar that makes things up like you. I don't care if you believe me or not. I never said I hated the old system. Again you make things up to attempt to prove your point. I said I can see the flaws in it and that it was a bad system. Given no other alternatives I would have kept playing quite happy with the old system. However, because the game bled players faster than a hemophiliac with a knife wound, because of the old system, Grape Shot has created a new system which yes I a like better. Because it IS better. I will not delay the inevitable. It does not matter if they play around the clock if they cant do anything until I and my company are actually online. Again war tokens I am not worried about. They cant mass spam all day long like they could and THAT is what caused smaller companies to fail. Naked mass flag spam and offlining done by people like you. While still possible (which is FINE) there are now limits that make taking things over they way they were done before impossible. You talk and act like I am afraid to fight or something. I am not. I WANT to. I want tokens dropped and fools like you trying to offline raid when there now actually going to be people there. You really do not get it. I WANT a fight. I just want to actually be there with defenses. 

You couldn't make it in a small company. You didn't play a small company. And its funny how you rip on people acting like they are whining and crying and that's why things got changed when it is YOU that does the whining and crying. Most of your posts since I have been here have been you crying about the changes. 

See you in colonies Mr. Hardcore. And do not be too scared when you see a person that actually shoots back at you. You can get used to it. Or you know... you can always just farm mats for your zerg and be useful still.

9 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Allegedly.. LOL. Not everyone is a liar that makes things up like you. I don't care if you believe me or not. I never said I hated the old system. Again you make things up to attempt to prove your point. I said I can see the flaws in it and that it was a bad system. Given no other alternatives I would have kept playing quite happy with the old system. However, because the game bled players faster than a hemophiliac with a knife wound, because of the old system, Grape Shot has created a new system which yes I a like better. Because it IS better. I will not delay the inevitable. It does not matter if they play around the clock if they cant do anything until I and my company are actually online. Again war tokens I am not worried about. They cant mass spam all day long like they could and THAT is what caused smaller companies to fail. Naked mass flag spam and offlining done by people like you. While still possible (which is FINE) there are now limits that make taking things over they way they were done before impossible. You talk and act like I am afraid to fight or something. I am not. I WANT to. I want tokens dropped and fools like you trying to offline raid when there now actually going to be people there. You really do not get it. I WANT a fight. I just want to actually be there with defenses. 

You couldn't make it in a small company. You didn't play a small company. And its funny how you rip on people acting like they are whining and crying and that's why things got changed when it is YOU that does the whining and crying. Most of your posts since I have been here have been you crying about the changes. 

See you in colonies Mr. Hardcore. And do not be too scared when you see a person that actually shoots back at you. You can get used to it. Or you know... you can always just farm mats for your zerg and be useful still.

I think you are missing the point here champ, yes megas can't hurt you until the raid window opens but as soon as that window pops so does your base. It's really as simple as that.

On the flip side there is little you can do to strike back. if you want to attack their base first you need to buy the expensive token, then you need to wait till their prime time to attack when there is hundreds of them online at their base ready and waiting. You and your 5 buddies don't stand a chance.

So I guess if you like building a base and role playing as the defender for infinity then sure Colonies is perfect for you.

Edited by Bullet Force

Just now, Bullet Force said:

I think you are missing the point here, yes megas can't hurt you until the raid window open but as soon as that window pops so does your base. It's really as simple as that.

On the flip side there is little you can do to strike back. if you want to strike their base first you need to buy the expensive token, then you need to wait till their prime time to attack when there is hundreds of them online at their base ready and waiting. You and your 5 buddies don't stand a chance.

So I guess if you like building a base and role playing as the defender for infinity then sure Colonies is perfect for you.

No it is not as simple as that. You seem to think just because you still have numbers you will auto win and auto delete. That couldn't be further from the truth. Everything you typed is a spin story, again full of lies and made up things by you. Me and my 5 buddies, we already are at 14 with more to join us. I am sure "hundreds" will be just standing there on guard duty. The more you post the more I think you just suck at actual PvP fighting. I know for a fact (because we have done it), my company can hold off 2x to 3x our numbers and win. And that is not even including any settlers that might be there. 

I know PvP fighting is scary for you. But it is not for everyone else. 

15 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

No it is not as simple as that. You seem to think just because you still have numbers you will auto win and auto delete. That couldn't be further from the truth. Everything you typed is a spin story, again full of lies and made up things by you. Me and my 5 buddies, we already are at 14 with more to join us. I am sure "hundreds" will be just standing there on guard duty. The more you post the more I think you just suck at actual PvP fighting. I know for a fact (because we have done it), my company can hold off 2x to 3x our numbers and win. And that is not even including any settlers that might be there. 

I know PvP fighting is scary for you. But it is not for everyone else. 

So you will be successfully defending with your 14 man PVE bob tribe against a mega tribe of 100+ players some of whom may also be PVE / Farmer types but who will be led by the core PVP players in that tribe and who will have access to far superior equipment and greater supplies then you will ever dream of having.

Now that would make a great novel, a truly fantastic story.

Edited by Bullet Force