Sign in to follow this  
slightlymad79

Official PVP Hardcore mode request

With the new patch notes "raid windows and war tokens" this is appealing to some players but there is also a large chunk of the community that wants normal PVP without

invincible god mode outside normal hours .

Can I suggest we have the following :-

1- 1 server for the new ruleset (march update)

2- 1 server for hardcore mode :-

No land claim

Everything is lawless

Standard PVP ruleset anytime anywhere

Hell even put all of EU and US on the one hardcore server if your worried about population.

This way everyone gets what they want , the hardcore PVP crew go one way , the rest go on the new ruleset

• Like 4

Ye it would be really awesome to run another server for 1k people at most  ...

Edited by Willard

21 minutes ago, Willard said:

Ye it would be really awesome to run another server for 1k people at most  …

Well it seems that the split is half half , what is so wrong with giving people choice?

At the moment players that don't want it are being forced into it.

I wanted sandbox open world PVP like it quoted in the advert.

If players cant handle it they whine and stamp their feet and get it changed . I lost ships offline , I learnt how to combat it, I also learnt how to protect my goods seems a lot of people cant think outside the box and will be happy being invulnerable to PVE on their little rock that crap will get boring fast , MEGA tribe wont attack mega tribe nothing will change.

There are far too many ways to exploit the raid timings as a mega , simply get all the players of the alliance into the one server and camp it till the timer runs out as long as its 150/150 no one can get in , the Japanese streamer army did it to us no one could join to defend .

I really don't get why your spewing so much ahte , your getting your PVE/PVP light mode

So why cant we ask for a pure PVP mode for the big kids?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

Well it seems that the split is half half , what is so wrong with giving people choice?

At the moment players that don't want it are being forced into it.

I wanted sandbox open world PVP like it quoted in the advert.

If players cant handle it they whine and stamp their feet and get it changed . I lost ships offline , I learnt how to combat it, I also learnt how to protect my goods seems a lot of people cant think outside the box and will be happy being invulnerable to PVE on their little rock that crap will get boring fast , MEGA tribe wont attack mega tribe nothing will change.

There are far too many ways to exploit the raid timings as a mega , simply get all the players of the alliance into the one server and camp it till the timer runs out as long as its 150/150 no one can get in , the Japanese streamer army did it to us no one could join to defend .

I really don't get why your spewing so much ahte , your getting your PVE/PVP light mode

So why cant we ask for a pure PVP mode for the big kids?

And where is the difference between this and current system which u advocate where megas can fill the server and defenders can't log in?

I like how everyone knows exactly how the system will be abused 3 weeks before patch hits without having more concrete info from devs.

Edited by Willard

over exaggerating there fella "everyone" no just one player

Its been tried in countless other games , go to Gloria victis speak to people about token trolling I just left that game after 500 hours because it revolves around people throwing fake tokens on guild castles during raid windows and whole guilds being ordered to sit there for two hours just in case they might get attacked , trust me it gets boring fast.

Don't even know why your trolling im asking for two modes , you still get your PVE / PVP light mode & other players that want sandbox PVP get theirs . There is not even an argument here

3 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

over exaggerating there fella "everyone" no just one player

Its been tried in countless other games , go to Gloria victis speak to people about token trolling I just left that game after 500 hours because it revolves around people throwing fake tokens on guild castles during raid windows and whole guilds being ordered to sit there for two hours just in case they might get attacked , trust me it gets boring fast.

Don't even know why your trolling im asking for two modes , you still get your PVE / PVP light mode & other players that want sandbox PVP get theirs . There is not even an argument here

Its quite boring for people to lose progress because of offline grief every night, trust me. Lets play "what is more boring" game 🙂

Btw man, its just EA. Current system doesnt work, they want to try smt else. It that wont work either they will come with smt else again. Thats why its EA and they need feedback. And I mean feedback from actually playing the game, not theories 3 weeks before patch comes.

Edited by Willard

7 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

With the new patch notes "raid windows and war tokens" this is appealing to some players but there is also a large chunk of the community that wants normal PVP without

invincible god mode outside normal hours .

Can I suggest we have the following :-

1- 1 server for the new ruleset (march update)

2- 1 server for hardcore mode :-

No land claim

Everything is lawless

Standard PVP ruleset anytime anywhere

Hell even put all of EU and US on the one hardcore server if your worried about population.

This way everyone gets what they want , the hardcore PVP crew go one way , the rest go on the new ruleset

Perfect setup suggestion. Sometimes less is more. Less rules ... more fun !👌👍

This isn't a hardcore game even with original rule set though, think about it. 

You can store whatever you want on a freeport tame, and no one can do anything about it. 

You can stay logged out 7 days at a time and still keep all your stuff. 

So why not cater to softcore a little or just make it more straightforward. 

The game isn't "hardcore" to begin with, so do you think they should change freeport rules if they release a different server for this? 

i mean, why do that when you can just add a battleground arena to official. lets say, you enter a queue where you enter an instanced arena where you spawn in with the gear and/or ship you want and 5-10 min to modify your ship and gear the way you want it. if you lose, you lose nothing and spawn back to the real world with everything you had on you before you queued up, maybe lose your entry free or a gold bet. if you win, you win a pile of gold, or special BP's, special gear or special skins.  would really spice things up. id never be bored.. and i have a feeling everyone would love it. kinda like battle grounds in Elder Scrolls Online, everyone loved it when the devs added it.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i mean, why do that when you can just add a battleground arena to official. lets say, you enter a queue where you enter an instanced arena where you spawn in with the gear and/or ship you want and 5-10 min to modify your ship and gear the way you want it. if you lose, you lose nothing and spawn back to the real world with everything you had on you before you queued up, maybe lose your entry free or a gold bet. if you win, you win a pile of gold, or special BP's, special gear or special skins.  would really spice things up. id never be bored.. and i have a feeling everyone would love it. kinda like battle grounds in Elder Scrolls Online, everyone loved it when the devs added it.

yea true spawn in fight, but don't take the risk to lose anything.... boring

10 minutes ago, Arykos said:

yea true spawn in fight, but don't take the risk to lose anything.... boring

yeah more pvp content is soooooo boring. gosh what was i thinking

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

yeah more pvp content is soooooo boring. gosh what was i thinking

go out and raid someone like a men, and don't hide in battlegrounds where you lose nothing to finaly destroy the open world pvp...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arykos said:

go out and raid someone like a men, and don't hide in battlegrounds where you lose nothing to finaly destroy the open world pvp...

I could do that too, but if you remember the patch notes, there's gonna be raiding hours and lets say i want pvp in the off hours without paying booko bucks for the battle token, battlegrounds would be awesome. Perhaps could even win a battle token in the arena

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Sad 1

raiding hours are player set.. can be different on every island... this is not wow. don't discourage people to sail their ships when they can instant join battlegrounds without risk losing anything

First, i'll do as i please. There's always risk. Whether or not you use the battlegrounds, there is always risk. You're away from your island entrenched in an activity after all. There will always be people like you that are out to ruin people's homes and fortunes. That won't go away with a battlegrounds. Hell it would open up people in pve to pvp if battlegrounds were open to both pve and pvp. meaning higher pve population hopping over to the pvp servers. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Apologies, but you can set up a private server with the above rules and see if there is a crowd for it. What stops you? 

Do what you want noone gives a shit. I'm telling you your idea isn't gonna work. this would destroy the world pvp in more ways. You don't think far ahead.. why do you even need bg's? why don't you sail out to fight your enemy of choice? right... think about it you will find out what would happen with bgs..

you are accusing that I'm going out to destroy peoples home? honestly you don't even know what I'm doing. And if you don't like to take the risk to lose your "home" then go play pve.

noone would ever go from pve to pvp if they can fight without losing anything.. again you don't think far enough... you think worse than the devs... bring in random ideas which please you but don't think it through carefully

I would not even title that server „hardcore“, better would be „server for normal people with working brain & balls“👍🏻

• Like 1

You do realize nearly half the player base left because of the shit you (PVP'rs) were doing. Go play Rust dude.

It should also be no Npc's if you want real pvp, because as it is right now it's npc's versus players.

3 hours ago, Rats said:

It should also be no Npc's if you want real pvp, because as it is right now it's npc's versus players.

no it's not, just on ships it's true

20 hours ago, Talono said:

I would not even title that server „hardcore“, better would be „server for normal people with working brain & balls“👍🏻

"normal people without job, family, friends or any empathy"

Ohh my god, what are all these carebears doing in our PVP forum ?

Change to the flower power warm shower guys in the forum below.

Below any kind of balls.

I want such a hardcore PvP Server. The new rules strike me as to soft for my liking. I subscribe to the original posters petition.