Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Everyone is being too calm and rational about the wipe.

4 hours ago, Buck Rider said:

I would expect the flames to die down over the coming days. 

The issues has largely divided the player base between play styles. And turned fanbois into cynics. Anger will turn to reflection and then to silence. 

I would suggest to the devs, that they make clear statements going forward to not lead to this again. As in no future wipes or expect more, and when.

Considering the (lack of) transparency we've grown accustomed to over the course of many patches, I wouldn't hold my breath about clear communications going forward.

Edited by thelawninja

Can't wait to roll everybody on wipe. I'm no longer the noob I once was with a  shitty gfx card. 1k hours and rtx 2070 upgrade motherfuckers lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I hate to say this, but there is a depressing level of calm rationality on the boards about the upcoming wipe. You people are not being nearly entertaining enough. I'm gonna need to see a lot more hair on fire levels of angst if we're gonna pass the time until the new patch (note I did not say the 20th).

Where is the ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE!?

How come there is no poll on whether to use pitchforks, torches, or spoons (Cousin, why a spoon? Cause it's dull you twit it'll hurt more.) when we all march on Wildshot's offices?

I expected a lot more Eric Cartman threads: Screw you guys, I'm going home. EA server wipes is where I draw the line.

All in all a very disappointing performance to date. Let's all get a good nights rest and then try to show some energy and enthusiasm for loudly declaring that the sky is falling tommorrow okay?

That is all.

Carry on.

Well, the wipe is happening whether we stay calm and rational or demand where the "ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE" is. Though, now you mention it. Where did YOU hide the BBQ sauce? 😉 I need some because I am planning a BBQ soon for my friends.

All crazyness aside, despite all the doomsayers I am still happily playing. Wipe or not, I am happily sailing around on my little Brig exploring island after island just to see where I want to live after the wipe. I bought this game right around the holidays and enjoyed playing it for days on end during my yearly Christmas break/holiday. So, honestly this game has already paid for itself in terms of hours of enjoyment. I think the only games on my Steam list I have sank more hours into are Ark, Empyrion and Space Engineers (I bought all 3 as EA titles). Now with the wipe coming, I am feeling I will be playing a whole new Atlas after the wipe is said and done (for better or for worse lol).

7 minutes ago, Calico Sparrow said:

Can't wait to roll everybody on wipe. I'm no longer the noob I once was with a  shitty gfx card. 1k hours and rtx 2070 upgrade motherfuckers lol

That made me laugh. I know how you feel!!! It's perfect timing for me! I COINCIDENTALLY have been upgrading. So far I have my new mobo and i7 8700k processor with new tower. Friday I order my new gpu finally and ram. I have had to play with all settings off or low with it looking like a preschool game and still freezing. UGH So many deaths.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolff said:

Well, the wipe is happening whether we stay calm and rational or demand where the "ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE" is. Though, now you mention it. Where did YOU hide the BBQ sauce? 😉 I need some because I am planning a BBQ soon for my friends.

All crazyness aside, despite all the doomsayers I am still happily playing. Wipe or not, I am happily sailing around on my little Brig exploring island after island just to see where I want to live after the wipe. I bought this game right around the holidays and enjoyed playing it for days on end during my yearly Christmas break/holiday. So, honestly this game has already paid for itself in terms of hours of enjoyment. I think the only games on my Steam list I have sank more hours into are Ark, Empyrion and Space Engineers (I bought all 3 as EA titles). Now with the wipe coming, I am feeling I will be playing a whole new Atlas after the wipe is said and done (for better or for worse lol).

I’m a native North Carolinian. We take our BBQ almost as seriously as college basketball.  You can have my recipe when you pry it out of my cold dead hands. But for the low low price of just 39.99* per 20 oz bottle, Boomer Inc. will ship it directly to your home or office. Act now and with your order of 3 or more bottles we’ll include this handsome set of grill utensils absolutely free**

Paypal and all major credit cards accepted. Operators are standing by.***

*No refunds. All sales final.

** Include 14.95 for shipping and handling of free grill utensils.

*** Boomer Inc. is not responsible for any medical conditions that may or may not arise from use of its products, including but not limited to heartburn, gas, explosive diarrhea or in rare cases, death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

if it was a real wipe and restart of servers using the same code from first launch on the old world, then there might be a native uprising, and it might even be warranted a bit, but with the code changing not by just a little mod, but a real rewrite, it is not a wipe, but a new launch of a new world.

The old world had it's environment, it's spin, it's rotation, it's definitions, and while the new world while it might have some similarities because of physics, it is not the same, and thus we all will be starting anew  just as any pioneers would on a new world.

You get to keep in your mind all the lessons learned, methods used, where part A goes, why there is no part Z, which way the wind blows, all those tiny things, and the ones not so tiny, but, a fresh start in a new environment puts you at 0 til you learn the new things. That learned stuff will make you get smarter quicker, not take certain paths, go certain paths, and you will grow faster than someone who is dumped into the world for the very first time ever.

Edited by Pirate Hawkins
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

if it was a real wipe and restart of servers using the same code from first launch on the old world, then there might be a native uprising, and it might even be warranted a bit, but with the code changing not by just a little mod, but a real rewrite, it is not a wipe, but a new launch of a new world.

The old world had it's environment, it's spin, it's rotation, it's definitions, and while the new world while it might have some similarities because of physics, it is not the same, and thus we all will be starting anew  just as any pioneers would on a new world.

You get to keep in your mind all the lessons learned, methods used, where part A goes, why there is no part Z, which way the wind blows, all those tiny things, and the ones not so tiny, but, a fresh start in a new environment puts you at 0 til you learn the new things. That learned stuff will make you get smarter quicker, not take certain paths, go certain paths, and you will grow faster than someone who is dumped into the world for the very first time ever.

Good point. Knowledge has value and you aren’t losing knowledge. Example: when Atlas first launched, the reports of a dearth of fiber caused me to avoid tundra and arctic. Later I joined a company and discovered there were benefits to basing there which outweighed the drawbacks imo. Now I know.

• Like 1