Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Everyone is being too calm and rational about the wipe.

I hate to say this, but there is a depressing level of calm rationality on the boards about the upcoming wipe. You people are not being nearly entertaining enough. I'm gonna need to see a lot more hair on fire levels of angst if we're gonna pass the time until the new patch (note I did not say the 20th).

Where is the ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE!?

How come there is no poll on whether to use pitchforks, torches, or spoons (Cousin, why a spoon? Cause it's dull you twit it'll hurt more.) when we all march on Wildshot's offices?

I expected a lot more Eric Cartman threads: Screw you guys, I'm going home. EA server wipes is where I draw the line.

All in all a very disappointing performance to date. Let's all get a good nights rest and then try to show some energy and enthusiasm for loudly declaring that the sky is falling tommorrow okay?

That is all.

Carry on.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The initial Chicken Little-ing is dying down because the Chicken Littles are seeing the purpose of the wipe and their emotions aren't enflamed.  And the tiny handful that are actually leaving have, thankfully, left instead of sticking around to cry and whine.

Now if only we could get rid of the pro-offline-raid crowd...

3 minutes ago, CazzT said:

The initial Chicken Little-ing is dying down because the Chicken Littles are seeing the purpose of the wipe and their emotions aren't enflamed.  And the tiny handful that are actually leaving have, thankfully, left instead of sticking around to cry and whine.

Now if only we could get rid of the pro-offline-raid crowd...

By burning them at the stake? 😃

14 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

By burning them at the stake? 😃

No by using the new guillotine!!!!!!

Off with their heads!

• Like 1

Just now, Harryplopper said:

No by using the new guillotine!!!!!!

Off with their heads!

Wait, isn't the guillotine gated behind the Broodmother? 🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I hate to say this, but there is a depressing level of calm rationality on the boards about the upcoming wipe. You people are not being nearly entertaining enough. I'm gonna need to see a lot more hair on fire levels of angst if we're gonna pass the time until the new patch (note I did not say the 20th).

How come there is no poll on whether to use pitchforks, torches, or spoons (Cousin, why a spoon? Cause it's dull you twit it'll hurt more.) when we all march on Wildshot's offices?

I expected a lot more Eric Cartman threads: Screw you guys, I'm going home. EA server wipes is where I draw the line.

All in all a very disappointing performance to date. Let's all get a good nights rest and then try to show some energy and enthusiasm for loudly declaring that the sky is falling tommorrow okay?

That is all.

Carry on.

Instead of making a scene they just left or the people that would are already gone.

Edited by Writhes

Haha, it is even worse Boomer ! 

Not only that everyone is calm and polite after the wipe announcement, no, the majority is even grateful for the wipe ! /shrug head

Grapeshot :“Hey guys, by the way, everything you built since christmas will be wiped. You houses, your ships, your level, your achievements“

Player community :“Thank you Grapeshot for that pillar into my butt ! Thank you for destroying 1000 hours of work ! Good decision !“

No, thats not satirical, unfortunately not. Mankind really transformed into a bunch of slaves and really deserves the new claim system.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Talono said:

Grapeshot :“Hey guys, by the way, everything you built since christmas will be wiped. You houses, your ships, your level, your achievements“

So that issues that can't be fixed otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Talono said:

Player community :“Thank you Grapeshot for that pillar into my butt ! Thank you for destroying 1000 hours of work ! Good decision !“

The only people crying like this are the people that don't understand what Early Access entails.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Wait, isn't the guillotine gated behind the Broodmother? 🙃

Wait you mean the BroodMotharrrgh right?:hook:

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Not only that everyone is calm and polite after the wipe announcement, no, the majority is even grateful for the wipe ! /shrug head

No, thats not satirical, unfortunately not. Mankind really transformed into a bunch of slaves and really deserves the new claim system.

I don't like losing my progress either, but I understand why its needed.

Dupers caused a good chunk of it, there were just too many items out there, changing hands too many times, to track every single thing and delete them. For example, Company A got a mythic ship plank blueprint, duped the blueprint and sold one to Company B. Company B has made 18 ships using that mythic blueprint, but never duped a plank, they farmed for every piece of wood, metal, etc. However, they (unknowingly) profited off of a duped item. What would you do?

People gained unfair advantages using exploits, leveling faster than should have been possible, and also using the aforementioned duped items to gain achievements, etc. If someone gives you a god-tier mythic carbine that someone duped, and you use that to go kill alphas to level your character, should you be punished for benefiting from duping? What about if you got credit for killing the kraken on your ally's ship that was made from duped planks? Where is the line drawn?

People were having a bunch of issues (hopefully fixed) with losing discovery points, powerstone points, kraken kills, etc.

There are new biomes coming, plus some islands are changing - this can't be done while things are built on them. raising or lowering land, shipyards no longer in water, etc.

Maybe my experience with beta testing since the days when the companies would send you the disks to install for each iteration, because everyone was restricted to dial-up, and nothing you did in beta mattered because live launch was always a clean start, has colored my expectations. I accept wipes as part of Alpha/Beta/EA, as long as they're to correct underlying, fundamental issues.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Maybe that is because they all knew it could happen and because there are a 100+ threads from people begging for wipes. With the new islands (another thing so many people asked for) a wipe needs to happen. We know it could happen so I’m not gonna be the bitch and be like ‘Hey GS, I know I signed up for this, I know wipes could happen and bought this game anyway, but I don’t like you guys are wiping I’m gonna quit!!!’ It’s all so childish. 

9 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

That is all.

Carry on.

&$@&/@:&;&@/&:&;;&

hopefully that helped.

I would expect the flames to die down over the coming days. 

The issues has largely divided the player base between play styles. And turned fanbois into cynics. Anger will turn to reflection and then to silence. 

I would suggest to the devs, that they make clear statements going forward to not lead to this again. As in no future wipes or expect more, and when.

Edited by Buck Rider
  • Like 1

THE GREAT PURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on  *itches! Lets do this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

THE GREAT PURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on  *itches! Lets do this!

*Chants* Purge day! Purge day! Purge day! Purge day!

LLLLLLllllleeeetttttssss get ready to rrrrrummmmmmbllllllleeeeee!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Your comments just proof my statement.

You comment proves you cant read when you buy EA product, sir 😉

Well Rage is better conserverd and purified into Hate. Then you can achieve more!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

That is all.

Carry on.

Gotta go to Reddit for that

As someone told me in one of my posts "It's just a game".  Who cares if you spent 500 real hours building your little empire. No reason to be mad about the wipe. After all it's just a game, Isn't it. 🙂