Jerrimiah

When Is The Wipe

3 minutes ago, Jerrimiah said:

As per the topic, when is the wipe happening?

When the new Patch releases.

• Like 1

Keep in mind we should have a test environment aprox. a week before the patch goes live, so watch for the test environment as a sign the patch is getting closer

• Like 1

As per WC errr GS what ever studio is pulling the strings said.... Hold your breath wait for a date and hold your breath some more... Ughh... From a studio that has NEVER EVER come close to making a date they put down... it may be some insight that they haven't put a date out as they may have learned from previous mistakesssssssssssssssss. Sorry we cant provide a better answer for you. I wish we all had a hard date and time. you know there would be a flood of people trying to get on and get moving..

3 hours ago, Jerrimiah said:

As per the topic, when is the wipe happening?

Soon™

2 hours ago, Captain Trenchard said:

Scheduled for March 20.

"scheduled" being the operative word there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpeedInc said:

As per WC errr GS what ever studio is pulling the strings said.... Hold your breath wait for a date and hold your breath some more... Ughh... From a studio that has NEVER EVER come close to making a date they put down... it may be some insight that they haven't put a date out as they may have learned from previous mistakesssssssssssssssss. Sorry we cant provide a better answer for you. I wish we all had a hard date and time. you know there would be a flood of people trying to get on and get moving..

This....is not entirely true. After an initial pushback from spring of 18 to fall, the last Ark DLC (god I'm old, now I can't even remember what it was called.) actually came out on the announced date. It was a half baked unfinished buggy mess and should never have been released on that date, but it did *technically* come out on the announced date once a date was announced. It shouldn't have, but it did. In the spirit of what you're saying I'm completely with you, in that they've never actually delivered a finished product on time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smokey Bones said:

Keep in mind we should have a test environment aprox. a week before the patch goes live, so watch for the test environment as a sign the patch is getting closer

Somehow I doubt that the patch will be released 1 week after the PTR goes up. I know that's the plan, but bugs will be found and they will need more time to fix and test them on the PTR.

26 minutes ago, Greyleaf said:

Somehow I doubt that the patch will be released 1 week after the PTR goes up. I know that's the plan, but bugs will be found and they will need more time to fix and test them on the PTR.

Can't say I disagree.  At least we know the progression of events to watch for even though we know the timelines are always wishy-washy  

5 hours ago, Captain Trenchard said:

Scheduled for March 20.

Better dont place bets on Wildcard release dates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1