Martian

Game breaking MAP BUG

Well, I reinstalled my OS and game. After that, atlas map is not working. Can't see beds, ships I previously placed on atlas map, not seeing new beds/ships. Don't even see powerstone locations or grids on the atlas map. Map is under the fog of war, and no matter what I do, it stays there. http://prntscr.com/msr049

@Voodoo and others: All my atlas tabs are not interactable. Reinstalled game twice after that, did multiple verifications of file integrity. Nothing's helping.

Wen't to NA servers, made a new character (didn't have one there ever) - map is not working aswell. Can't play. Can't do shit.

On the other hand, my minimap is working and showing things: http://prntscr.com/msr1n5

...which is useless, since without access to atlas map, I can't travel thru beds or spawn in my base or w/e I want.

I noticed some of the Map date is actually stored locally, have you tried asking one of your friends to send you the contents of "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved" folder. I know I had a similar problem when I did a full reinstall of the game but I had the folder on the previous disk so I copied and it helped. 

• Thanks 1

@Sprint_caI'll try that, but you don't actually think this should happen and that would be a solution?   What if I don't have anyone to send it to me - can never play atlas again? They can't be serious for ignoring this ( I've seen it reported long time ago and still no fix from devs).

Is the report that you've lose your Fog/Shroud of war progress, or that the entire map system is inoperable after a restart? In the case of the progress, Fog/Shroud is stored locally so when you reinstall, you will lose these files. As for the map system being inoperable, this is something we would need to look into. In either case, thank you for the report, though I am sorry you're having this issue.

• Thanks 1

@JakeM Found a solution, as advised by @Sprint_ca .

It seems that for some reason when I (and multiple others by the looks of it) did a OS change, and did a full HDD format on reinstall, the installer doesn't create folder MapImagesCache ( **\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache) same as the folders/files inside  which include maps of all islands, and without it you get the grey map and can't use anything on it, can't spawn on a bed by using another bed, or when you die etc.

WORKING workaround is to take these files from someone else, recreate folders named by your characters as in **Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles folder (your character number) and place them in each of these folders.

I'm pretty sure that's not working as intended Jake. 😉 Thanks for answering, hopefully this will get patched soon, and I hope someone will use this info to fix his problem.

@JakeMif I was a betting man I would say the game code creates folder when you make a new pathfinder and never checks for existence after the fact.

I will take a look at this and pass it along if it repro's for me. Thanks for all of the info yall, its really appreciated 😃

same here and i have had a friend send me there map folder but still no luck the would not work just a black map can not see any beds ships or islands i need help as i was in one of the top 3 befor wipe and would like to help them be there at the top after wipe

Posted (edited)

If you are on a non-official server, make sure, in the ServerGrid.Json file that the MetaWorldURL, the AuthListURL and the MapImageURL default code is removed, they are links to the official map and will not work.   They format should read "MetaWorldURL": "", as an example.

This fixed my Fog of War issue the first time I set up the servers.  On the new big patch, no such luck, we all have black screens and can only see beds on ships.  I just added the MapImagesCache folder as mentioned above and added our map files to it, it did not work for us.  Would be great to find a solution to this.

Edited by BeastBroad

Posted (edited)

Try this... Just create a folder named "NewMapImagesCache" inside "ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved"

If you created a folder named "NewMapImagesCache" inside "Saved" or you already have one and it doesn't work, then do these additional steps...

1. Download THIS ARCHIVE with all the map images or get a friend to email it to you.
  2. Inside the archive is a folder named "8828120659"
  3. Extract this archive into the "NewMapImagesCache" folder.
  4. You should now have this... "ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache\8828120659" with all the images from the archive inside it.
  5. Now start your game and check if the maps are displaying now.
Edited by ThaynTheGamer