Sign in to follow this  
Masi

You cant wipe characters

i cant take anyone seriously, who doesnt hate the wipe or atleast the character reset. I imagine you guys either didnt play more than 100hours on official pvp or you must be playing unofficial/pve which is pointless due to lack of content and server settings. So prove me wrong and stop defending the full wipe its not gonna help the little punks that were crying for wipe all time you once again wont be able to achieve anything in this game after wipe. If you couldnt get land first time (pathetic btw), you wont be able to this time. And dont you ever think the game gets better after wipe, its getting better with every patch and with the big one coming there will be multiple exploits or gamebreaking mechanics.

2 minutes ago, arc_88 said:

i cant take anyone seriously, who doesnt hate the wipe or atleast the character reset. I imagine you guys either didnt play more than 100hours on official pvp or you must be playing unofficial/pve which is pointless due to lack of content and server settings. So prove me wrong and stop defending the full wipe its not gonna help the little punks that were crying for wipe all time you once again wont be able to achieve anything in this game after wipe. If you couldnt get land first time (pathetic btw), you wont be able to this time. And dont you ever think the game gets better after wipe, its getting better with every patch and with the big one coming there will be multiple exploits or gamebreaking mechanics.

What are you going to do when the next wipe comes? The upcoming wipe is the first, not the last. 

12 minutes ago, DilBert said:

What are you going to do when the next wipe comes? The upcoming wipe is the first, not the last. 

You have a Source for that? Probably Not.

3 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

Atlas will be in early access for another 2 years almost. If you think this will be the only one, ask the Ark group that said Atlas would never wipe because Ark did not. 😂

22 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

the captain's log...ppl might stick thru 1 but with more to come like announced it is just meh...that's the whole reason why i still have a little hope they might reconsider the character wipe or at least state that after this one there  at least won't be any character wipes. so far from the changes they explained a structure/claim wipe would be more than enough or they could at least state that is has to be this time for whatever reason but from now on at least the characters would be safe.

if not i do not really the see the population being any near where it was - besides the wohoo patch spike. i wonder if than still everyone will be like *yay wipe all you want it makes the game better* - as said here already a wipe doesn't patches do. 

9 hours ago, CazzT said:

I wish there wasn't.  But Jat mentioned in the livestream (like really briefly, he really should have emphasized it more) that the wipe was also to address some issues in the code that can't be fixed any other way.  I mean, it was literally like one or two sentences and then he just left it behind at that.  A lot of people probably missed it or dismissed it because it wasn't brought up again at all.  I don't know what code problems it would be, but he did mention it as one of the reasons.

true... it might be due to the bug that made copies of your character or what not, still they should know that a wipe is a big thing for a lot of ppl and should be quite clear about what the plans in these matters are.

Edited by Xenom

On 3/4/2019 at 4:45 AM, boomervoncannon said:

If you have spent more than two thirds of the time since launch playing this game, please stop playing and seek medical assistance for addiction. I'm not even joking. If you're just engaging in hyperbole to try to make your weak argument seem stronger, you just got called on it. Either way, Chuck is right.

What if some of those people are disabled and cant work or go out? What if some of them are just dedicated gamers who like to play 16h a day for some time and then go back to reallife for the rest of the year?

What if its not your business to judge people and dictate them how to spend their time?
Pathetic asshole.

16 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

What if some of those people are disabled and cant work or go out? What if some of them are just dedicated gamers who like to play 16h a day for some time and then go back to reallife for the rest of the year?

What if its not your business to judge people and dictate them how to spend their time?
Pathetic asshole.

Being physically disabled does not prevent someone from having an addiction. Regardless of whether they can go anywhere or not, doing anything for 16 hours a day continuously for 2 months  is not healthy. Feel free to ask any qualified health care professional if you don’t think so. Notice I only urged anyone doing so to seek help. How that amounts to judging them I’m not sure. It’s not like I declared them a pathetic asshole for expressing concern for someone else’s well being.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

doing anything for 16 hours a day continuously for 2 months  is not healthy

Ummm... thats bullshit and you know that... i played ark a LOT for like 6 months back when it came out because i had no job at that time, nonetheless i had no health problems or was addicted because i instantly stopped playing it when i got a new job (game was not playable for me with just ~4h per day freetime besides friends and other stuff).
Wanna know something else? When i really like a game, and i have enough time, i sometimes play 2-3 days in a row without sleeping xD but you know whats even more interesting? That applies to everything i like to do, no matter if programming (my job), playing games, or just staying up 3 days in a row at a weekend festival.

You know nothing dude, you just take the rules the government and the society and TV put on you and apply them to everyone. People can do what they want, and its not your business, nor you have the right to insult them while hiding behind "playing the concerned user". People like you are pure trash, and if you ever have children, poor beings my dear...

Edited by DNAofDeath

1 hour ago, arc_88 said:

I got 495 hours on Kraken's Maw NA-PVP server. I am so happy for the wipe. This game needs it. It will be refreshing, and I will easily put another 495 hours in 2 1/2 months

Atlas hours.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Putts said:

I got 495 hours on Kraken's Maw NA-PVP server. I am so happy for the wipe. This game needs it. It will be refreshing, and I will easily put another 495 hours in 2 1/2 months

Atlas hours.png

I have no clue how many hours I have......I just know I play every day.  I am looking forward to the wipe as well.  Can redo things a bit and if it helps them clean the databases up and codebase I am all for it. 

When this game is "released" I hope they do it again so new players/companies have a better shot at being successful early on. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CazzT said:

I wish there wasn't.  But Jat mentioned in the livestream (like really briefly, he really should have emphasized it more) that the wipe was also to address some issues in the code that can't be fixed any other way.  I mean, it was literally like one or two sentences and then he just left it behind at that.  A lot of people probably missed it or dismissed it because it wasn't brought up again at all.  I don't know what code problems it would be, but he did mention it as one of the reasons.

Any code can be fixed, any code can be removed, added to or changed. I think that was a short way of saying a wipe saves them the time of doing it manually. In their official text it does not say they "need" to wipe, it says "we believe a wipe is the best course of action so that you can experience the update in a fresh environment, without being influenced by any of our legacy or deprecated code.".

Manually removing the legacy code would likely be a long and difficult process. Any errors made during that process would then need to be revisited and corrected. Like it or not, in the end, a wipe will mean a better running game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

Ummm... thats bullshit and you know that... i played ark a LOT for like 6 months back when it came out because i had no job at that time, nonetheless i had no health problems or was addicted because i instantly stopped playing it when i got a new job (game was not playable for me with just ~4h per day freetime besides friends and other stuff).
Wanna know something else? When i really like a game, and i have enough time, i sometimes play 2-3 days in a row without sleeping xD but you know whats even more interesting? That applies to everything i like to do, no matter if programming (my job), playing games, or just staying up 3 days in a row at a weekend festival.

You know nothing dude, you just take the rules the government and the society and TV put on you and apply them to everyone. People can do what they want, and its not your business, nor you have the right to insult them while hiding behind "playing the concerned user". People like you are pure trash, and if you ever have children, poor beings my dear...

None of what you’ve said in this post has anything to do with Atlas, it’s just a vitriolic attack on me. Say what you want I will remain of the opinion that doing anything for 16 hours a day is unhealthy and I will not apologize for urging anyone to reconsider that choice. It’s merely expressing an opinion, if someone chooses to ignore that opinion, they are free to do so. It’s interesting you’ve chosen to interpret something I’ve said as an insult which is not obviously so, and criticize me for it, yet have no qualms about openly insulting me. I think most reasonable people can judge for themselves where the toxicity lies here, and I’m quite comfortable with that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

*snip*

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*snip*

Poor victims of the media 😞 i feel for you.

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

Atlas will be in early access for another 2 years almost. If you think this will be the only one, ask the Ark group that said Atlas would never wipe because Ark did not. 😂

So no Source at all, just your personal Opinion.

🤷‍♂️

Yours and others choice to learn from this one or repeat the same feelings next time.

I understand wiping land and mats because they're making some severe changes to just how claims and land works. Keeping that would surely mess things up. However correct me if I'm wrong but our characters are not tied to any of those systems so why would they wipe those? The point about wiping for "muh newbies" is moot. There's always gonna be someone new to the game (or not considering the bad press the game has).

I think when summer hits and kids are out of school they'll get a bigger install base playing.. The wipe in that case would be well timed and a smart move imo. It sucks yeah but there's no stopping it. I plan to keep playing just waiting for the wipe myself.

Also it has been well documented that gaming for looooong extensive periods of time has actually killed people.. lol True story look it up..

Edited by madmartigan