Sign in to follow this  
Masi

You cant wipe characters

27 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

I would like to suggest the Fountain Of Resurrection quest. In one random sector, every 10 minutes appears a glowing orb in a small cave that you have to crawl into one at a time. But wait! It gets better. To bring your character back to life you will have to dodge every single mob in the game naked. You, not them. Just build 100 ships and leave one at each location and teleport around asking the password, “Is It Here?”. Imagine the experience of being yourself again: Alive. On your throne. Unwiped.

You are truely a natural born Grapeshot dev ! Genius ideas !😊👌

15 hours ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

Truth is that they lost more players than they have, if you quit because of the wipe they may gain 5 in your place by having a better system

The majority of the people that left did so before the wipe announcement.  The majority that left did so because of issues that the wipe is fixing.  In other words, a lot of those that left will be back.  As will all the "waaaah im leaving cuz of the  big bad wipe waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" crybabies

• Sad 2

So your in agreement with me lol

1 hour ago, CazzT said:

The majority of the people that left did so before the wipe announcement.  The majority that left did so because of issues that the wipe is fixing.  In other words, a lot of those that left will be back.  As will all the "waaaah im leaving cuz of the  big bad wipe waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" crybabies

The biggest issue that i have about wiping characters, is having to re-do the power stone islands, they aren't fun at all and are EXTREMELY poorly designed in many ways, thats my main worry tbh. Also not looking forward to all the sailing to those islands again, it's very tedious.

2 hours ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

So your in agreement with me lol

No.  You're implying they left because of the wipe.  I was correcting that assertion.

21 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

Can't tell if you are helping make my case or arguing against it. But EA doesn't necessarily infer complete progression wipe. As has been discussed before the company's own flagship title made it all the way through EA to full release without a wipe. And since a lot of folks have come from ARK, you could reasonably understand thier expectations of Atlas doing the same.

And the lack of preparedness for the numbers at launch were just part of the issue. The entire launch was handled ineptly. Surprise launch followed by delay, followed by massive connection issues.

And they did tackle the griefing issues from a coding side of things as opposed to in game policing. Which is something I agreed with. But once again hurried and half thought out fixes tended to cause even more issues for player, and often introduced more ways to grief.

You have all that, and a long list of bugs that still exist from release, some almost insignificant, others a real pain in the neck from a progression grind point of view. Many of which have not been addressed in upcoming patch notes. And the new claim system that many folks really don't think much of for various reasons depending on who you ask. 

You have to be all but blind to not see why folks might be ready to jump ship.

ARK had one or 2 wipes early on...but hey we also do not know all the changes and how the core systems need to change or how claim systems are tied to player may be the reason...I didn't write the game so not going to speculate.... they said early on they would try not to wipe..... they found a reason oh well.

8 hours ago, arc_88 said:

The character wipe is a problem. Alot of the people i played with and loved the game get no reward for their time spent and helping making the game better. Instead it feels like a kick in the face when you announce all we get is a useless cosmetic. Maybe reset everyone to level 1, but losing all discoveries is what most people i know (and myself) made instant quit. There will be quite a few people that wont come back for content Patch at 20. March, which i highly doubt is gonna happen without several gamebreaking bugs.

If you seriously think a stupid cosmetic is enough for the Playerbase that was playing on official networks, you are out of your mind. For now some people fooling around on official since it is 6times and anarchy but that wont last for 3 weeks. 

the reward is a BETTER game that will play BETTTER... that's the reason we do EA games... they are bug riddled messes at times and a waste of time a lot of the time...  they have to reset discoveries due to a 24 hour change they made that caused some to have too many discovery points and other to lose discovery points...

59 minutes ago, Vadearlst said:

The biggest issue that i have about wiping characters, is having to re-do the power stone islands, they aren't fun at all and are EXTREMELY poorly designed in many ways, thats my main worry tbh. Also not looking forward to all the sailing to those islands again, it's very tedious.

except they are changing them.... and doing a rework of that system also

• Like 2

9 hours ago, arc_88 said:

Alot of the people i played with and loved the game get no reward for their time spent and helping making the game better.

The reward is that they helped make the game better.  Your comment makes you and your friends sound like entitled little shits.  If it bothers you to hear that, well, I can't help that.  I'd rather be honest and blunt than lie to you.

Instead it feels like a kick in the face when you announce all we get is a useless cosmetic.

You're getting more than I did for beta testing WoW.  You're getting more than I did for alpha testing Rift and WHO.  Hell, all I got in D3 was a banner design for a banner that doesn't even get used because it has no use.  Then again, I didn't expect to get anything from being part of those.  I went into it expecting to have fun and help find problems and provide data for the devs via playing.

Maybe reset everyone to level 1, but losing all discoveries is what most people i know (and myself) made instant quit

Then you had unfounded expectations.

There will be quite a few people that wont come back for content Patch at 20. March

And tons of people that left because of what the wipe is fixing will come back.  Welcome to Early Access, the revolving door is always open.

If you seriously think a stupid cosmetic is enough for the Playerbase that was playing on official networks, you are out of your mind.

The fact you expect recompense for something that is perfectly normal in EA just shows how entitled you are.

• Like 1

I got to level 51 in one day..... 

Stop whining. Its not that bad....... 

51 minutes ago, Smash said:

I got to level 51 in one day..... 

Stop whining. Its not that bad....... 

i doubt anyone cares about the level 🙂 it's more the discoveries made and FOY runs done.

3 minutes ago, Xenom said:

i doubt anyone cares about the level 🙂 it's more the discoveries made and FOY runs done.

Both of which you'll be able to get again.  People that plan to stick around for the long haul aren't going to have an issue with this, they know they'll get these back and more.

2 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Both of which you'll be able to get again.  People that plan to stick around for the long haul aren't going to have an issue with this, they know they'll get these back and more.

sure i will be able to get them again but do you really believe ppl will sail around doing them like they did before when they know there will be more character wipes...i doubt it. i mean i for one will stick around as i like the game, tho i doubt i will be playing as active as before.

this game is really demanding a lot of time, with kids and work etc...i can't play 24/7 but my wife and i would still got on a few hours voyage to get some ressources from far, far away doing some discoveries and part of the fun is that you progressed your character with this. we were quite sure they wouldn't wipe characters as there is not really a need...now they still do and it just takes a lot of fun out of the game as without progression that stays the motivation to progress in just not there.

you might got another opinion here but you can't believe that all that plan to stay are happy with the wipe lol ...the folks i have been playing together with are all quite demotivated by all this and it is sad to not know how many will stick around now as we have been playing together since release. just take a look at all those EA games doing regular wipes, they can be good games but with wipes a lot just don't play and wait for release while they still like the game. this is even more of an issue the more time a game needs and atlas is one of the most time consuming games i know ^^

I am less angry about the wipe than about the stupid new claim & war system.

But of cause they can do their powerstones alone now, too much investment into something that is eventually wiped again.

9 minutes ago, Xenom said:

sure i will be able to get them again but do you really believe ppl will sail around doing them like they did before when they know there will be more character wipes...i doubt it. i mean i for one will stick around as i like the game, tho i doubt i will be playing as active as before.

this game is really demanding a lot of time, with kids and work etc...i can't play 24/7 but my wife and i would still got on a few hours voyage to get some ressources from far, far away doing some discoveries and part of the fun is that you progressed your character with this. we were quite sure they wouldn't wipe characters as there is not really a need...now they still do and it just takes a lot of fun out of the game as without progression that stays the motivation to progress in just not there.

you might got another opinion here but you can't believe that all that plan to stay are happy with the wipe lol ...the folks i have been playing together with are all quite demotivated by all this and it is sad to not know how many will stick around now as we have been playing together since release. just take a look at all those EA games doing regular wipes, they can be good games but with wipes a lot just don't play and wait for release while they still like the game. this is even more of an issue the more time a game needs and atlas is one of the most time consuming games i know ^^

what's your maxlevel`? myone is 97 and I don't complain...

3 minutes ago, Xenom said:

do you really believe ppl will sail around doing them like they did before when they know there will be more character wipes...i doubt it.

I doubt they would sail around like that even if they knew for certain there would never be another wipe.

4 minutes ago, Xenom said:

we were quite sure they wouldn't wipe characters as there is not really a need

I wish there wasn't.  But Jat mentioned in the livestream (like really briefly, he really should have emphasized it more) that the wipe was also to address some issues in the code that can't be fixed any other way.  I mean, it was literally like one or two sentences and then he just left it behind at that.  A lot of people probably missed it or dismissed it because it wasn't brought up again at all.  I don't know what code problems it would be, but he did mention it as one of the reasons.

19 minutes ago, Xenom said:

you might got another opinion here but you can't believe that all that plan to stay are happy with the wipe

I know some are leaving due to the wipe, some that will never return.  I also know that most who are Chicken Little-ing about it will be back after the wipe.  I've seen this sort of silly reaction to all kinds of things with games over the years.

3 hours ago, CazzT said:

No.  You're implying they left because of the wipe.  I was correcting that assertion.

I would go back and read what I wrote in my first post. You'll be shocked and yes you agree with me. The game lost more players before the wipe announcement. Than they have now. This implies that the wipe potentially could bring back more players than it costs. 

Please do not respond to me about a position I do not hold. 

They can keep characters for Pve players. But PvP players need to start fresh. No question there. 

15 minutes ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

I would go back and read what I wrote in my first post. You'll be shocked and yes you agree with me. The game lost more players before the wipe announcement. Than they have now. This implies that the wipe potentially could bring back more players than it costs. 

Please do not respond to me about a position I do not hold. 

Well color me blind...  I completely misread what I originally replied to you with.  This is embarrassing.  lol

Yes, we are in agreement.  I was so redonkulously tired that night.  4 hours sleep, long day at work...  My apologies.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 12:50 AM, Ben de Witt said:

Please refrain from taking part in early access games. It is only for adults.

Soo cool kids dunno the difference between alpha/beta test or ptr and EA

Guess its because of ur lack of experience in playing EA games, its only for adults.

Edited by DAZE
Grammar

Soo cool kids dunno the difference between alpha/beta test or ptr and EA

Could you elaborate? I do not get, what you are saying.

Edited by Ben de Witt

23 minutes ago, Ben de Witt said:

Could you elaborate? I do not get, what you are saying.

AhHur Der derrrr derpy derp hur DUURRRR

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
Whining is really getting old. GET AMPED FOR THE UPDATE!

2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

AhHur Der derrrr derpy derp hur DUURRRR

Thank you for your help to clarify. But, no, i do not think, that you are right.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Whining is really getting old. GET AMPED FOR THE UPDATE!

I think you are misdirecting your advice. But, whatever. I expected wipes to happen within EA. And I am hopeful that the changes better the state of the game further. So, I am 100% amped.

You can rack up hours in the game leaving the client open... But I agree if you have that much actual IN GAME time you have an addiction problem. I have around 450 hours and I know and feel like I spent too much time in the game... the first few weeks I was definitely excessive and a little unhealthy in my time played, I racked up half the time during the first 3. But then the new smell wore off and the hook slowly came loose. 

As to the OP they actually can and are wiping the servers and characters which is a good thing to do in EA. Everyone will be back on level footing and they will be able to gain a whole new set of metrics on any adjustments they make and get a clean slate to look at. This will help them continue to tweak and get the game to where they want it. If you don't want to potentially lose anymore time invested into characters during EA it might be best to wait till it's out of EA but it's also important for different players to give feedback to the development of the game. Maybe continue to play but don't invest so much time into the game. Even many unofficial servers are also going ahead and wiping as well.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 7:32 AM, Huck Finnley said:

In a world full of game titles much more polished then this, this company should do a better job of getting, and keeping thier ducks in a row, or they deserve all the negative reviews and forum haters they currently have.

If fallout 76 can do it, so can Atlas. I'm having much more fun with this than I had with Anthem demo.
Wipe is a bit disappointing, but I'll start again. Bigger. Stronger.

• Like 2