slightlymad79

New PVP rules going to ruin gameplay for huge chunk of players

9 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep as I said weeks ago this will be the death of small companies. The only way they can compete atm against larger companies is to have the element of surprise. Now with the new changes that is well and truly gone. You will now have to buy your token, let them know your coming and rock up to face 100 players all sitting around waiting for you......

In addition it will have another huge effect on the game in a different area and that is exploration. Currently it is quite fun to sail around and find new bases some of which are so poorly designed they make for easy pickings. With this new patch you might be 10 servers away from base when you see a great opportunity to raid a base. You man your cannon and begin to fire and then remember oh yea my cannon balls aren't doing any damage because I haven't purchased a war token and told them I'm going to attack you :classic_dry:

Horse shit.

Stop whining, and instead, campaign for real change.  The only thing that needs to be fixed is the ally system.  What is currently proposed, and coming in the next update, is 250 max players in a company, and 4 companies max in an Alliance, equaling 1000 players.  The problem here is that four 25 man companies would only equal 100 people, and thus no match for the larger alliance.  The fix is obvious.  Don't limit Alliances by Company numbers, but instead, but number of people.  Thus the second Alliance would be allowed to bring in enough companies to get to 1000 players also.  Now they would be a match for the larger company.

Like it or not, PvO is not coming back, no matter how much you guys campaign for it.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

8 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Horse shit.

Stop whining, and instead, campaign for real change.  The only thing that needs to be fixed is the ally system.  What is currently proposed, and coming in the next update, is 250 max players in a company, and 4 companies max in an Alliance, equaling 1000 players.  The problem here is that four 25 man companies would only equal 100 people, and thus no match for the larger alliance.  The fix is obvious.  Don't limit Alliances by Company numbers, but instead, but number of people.  Thus the second Alliance would be allowed to bring in enough companies to get to 1000 players also.  Now they would be a match for the larger company.

Like it or not, PvO is not coming back, no matter how much you guys campaign for it.

So called "PvO" might not come back but neither will the players. This will be a dead game with these changes. You can't alienate 90% of the PVP player base in order to appeal to the 10% that whine on the forum. Before this silly change there was a lot of PVP, this whole offline raiding nonsense is just exaggerated bull crap concocted by a few disgruntled bad players that need to blame something else for their inability to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

So called "PvO" might not come back but neither will the players. This will be a dead game with these changes. You can't alienate 90% of the PVP player base in order to appeal to the 10% that whine on the forum. Before this silly change there was a lot of PVP, this whole offline raiding nonsense is just exaggerated bull crap concocted by a few disgruntled bad players that need to blame something else for their inability to win.

Well said , we never really got offline raided , once was the Japanese with 150 players  flooding our server but essentially that's their prime time and they have no server of their own . 

My concern is mega tribes turtling on their tiles and the servers have a 150 man cap , so how is this going to work if they have 10% of their force defending which essentially will be about 150 men then how do attackers get into the tile

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

My concern is mega tribes turtling on their tiles and the servers have a 150 man cap , so how is this going to work if they have 10% of their force defending which essentially will be about 150 men then how do attackers get into the tile

That's exactly how the mega's will get around never being attacked because once they get the war notification of date and time with a cap of 250 players per alliance they will just alert all members to make sure they log in to the server for that time frame and the enemy attackers will never be able to show a force big enough to attack because they wont be able to log in.

Lol I’m gonna just randomly buy war tokens, declare war and not show up to fight hahaha! If another mega company is toxic I will even put gold towards another couple of companies to buy war tokens. That mega will be on full alert everyday if I can manage it. 

I cant wait. This is gonna be hilarious. 🤣

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, Bullet Force said:

Nonsense.  Offline raiding is, and has been a reason that people left the game.  Maybe not as much of a problem for Megas, but smaller companies had this happen many times.  Go to bed, log back in to find your base had been raided, or wiped, and same for your ships.

Problem also exists on unofficials, and they equal half or more of the community.

It is a problem which is why people like you whine about not being able to do it anymore.  A whole lot of people who are bad at PvP, hiding in ARK, and this game.  So you want the ability to PvO somebody.  So you can thump your chest, thinking you actually accomplished something.  I imagine you used a whole lot of cheat codes on your console games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Nonsense.  Offline raiding is, and has been a reason that people left the game.  Maybe not as much of a problem for Megas, but smaller companies had this happen many times.  Go to bed, log back in to find your base had been raided, or wiped, and same for your ships.

Problem also exists on unofficials, and they equal half or more of the community.

It is a problem which is why people like you whine about not being able to do it anymore.  A whole lot of people who are bad at PvP, hiding in ARK, and this game.  So you want the ability to PvO somebody.  So you can thump your chest, thinking you actually accomplished something.  I imagine you used a whole lot of cheat codes on your console games.

Nonsense? I take it you haven't looked at the player count recently :classic_laugh:

There are 1598 players currently playing this game which is down another 37% on last month. This game is dead thx to the non competitive folks getting their safe spaces. 

17 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Nonsense? I take it you haven't looked at the player count recently :classic_laugh:

There are 1598 players currently playing this game which is down another 37% on last month. This game is dead thx to the non competitive folks getting their safe spaces. 

The numbers been dropping for months, long before the devs announced any changes to offline raiding.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pant said:

The numbers been dropping for months, long before the devs announced any changes to offline raiding.....

The devs were banking on this change encouraging more people to play the game. The actual result has seen the exact opposite effect. People aren't playing it now at all.

All the veteran PVP players have deserted the game in droves. Everyone I have talked to says they simply will not play a glorified PVE game. The only thing that will bring us back is a return to proper competitive PVP where the strongest rightly dominates and the weak shrivel and die.

Edited by Bullet Force

11 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

The devs were banking on this change encouraging more people to play the game. The result has had the exact opposite effect.

All the veteran PVP players have deserted the game in droves. Everyone I have talked to says they simply will not play a glorified PVE game. The only thing that will bring us back is a return to proper competitive PVP where the strongest rightly dominates and the weak shrivel and die.

What are you on about? The patch isn't live. You have no idea if people will return or not until after the wipe.

Edited by Pant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pant said:

What are you on about? The patch isn't live. You have no idea if people will return or not until after the wipe.

I'm in one of the top 10 companies and I would be lying if I said that was still deep enthusiasm for this game. I've seen in my companies the players count drop like flies as soon as the devs made this announcement. I'm talking about a very active company that had several hundred people in it regularly playing this game to logging in and seeing just 2 or 3 others online.

The devs have kicked an own goal by letting PVE players decide what is best for us PVP players.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I'm in one of the top 10 companies and I would be lying if I said that was still deep enthusiasm for this game. I've seen in my companies the players count drop like flies as soon as the devs made this announcement. I'm talking about a very active company that had several hundred people in it regularly playing this game to logging in and seeing just 2 or 3 others online.

The devs have kicked an own goal by letting PVE players decide what is best for us PVP players.

Maybe if you learned to make a factual argument you could sway the devs 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yes, nonsense.  You snowflakes should just stop crying about no longer being able to PvO at will, like you used to.  That's not hardcore, and neither are you.  PvO is not hardcore.  AI cannot defend itself out of a wet paper bag.  Youtuber after Youtube and Twitch streamers show just how easy it is to get past AI defense in ARK and Atlas.  I've seen them do it in seconds.  I have done it in seconds.  It's not hard at all.  If you think it is, you aren't the least bit hardcore, and you fear this being exposed.

You and your whole company could leave the game tomorrow, and you won't be missed when they get this game where it needs to be, because you will be replaced by many times your numbers.   Nobody is asking for PvE.  They are asking for PvP.  Those crying about the changes are deluded into thinking that PvO is PvP.  It's not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pant said:

People will return, and more new people will join, when the game gets to where it needs to be.  That may take more patches and tweaks.  But when they get it to where it needs to be, they will come.  People love games with these sailing ships.  What they don't like is grinding, and they don't like people being able to take everything away from them while they sleep.  When they two are combined, it is death to the game.