slightlymad79

New PVP rules going to ruin gameplay for huge chunk of players

I have read the new updates and im concerned to say the least :-

1- I play with an NA clan on an NA server as a Britt just simply because I have known these guys for a good 6 years or so. These new raid times 9 hours yes I know its a long time but really its not.

For instance you have Australians , Asians etc all playing without their own server they probably wont get a look in on that 9 hour window in some cases , I myself with a job and family might have an hour maybe two to do something  however if you look at the time it take to gear up and sail to the enemy they just have to resist for 20 or so minutes then its safe time.

Your rules are pandering to the weak , this is going to force me off that server and on to the EU might not even play the game tbh without my group this brings me to the next subject:-

2-State of war and war tokens. 

Currently myself and a a few small guilds got picked on my the largest mega , we were running skirmishes for a few days sneaking about breaking the odd thing now all that is ruined you have signed the death bell for any small groups because of the "war token crap" this now allows the huge megas to get all their alliance members into the attacked server at the right time and max out the population so attackers cant even join guess you didn't think of that did you?

Please stop pandering to people complaining about PVP lets have a hardcore server for the real pvpers :-

1- No land claims

2- no raid windows or token crap

3- Everything is lawless 

So we can get back to having fun and PVP ing without PVE rules shoved down our throats.

I have played many EA titles , many PVP games but this new ruleset nope not going to do it sorry

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

1- I play with an NA clan on an NA server as a Britt just simply because I have known these guys for a good 6 years or so. These new raid times 9 hours yes I know its a long time but really its not.

For instance you have Australians , Asians etc all playing without their own server they probably wont get a look in on that 9 hour window in some cases , I myself with a job and family might have an hour maybe two to do something  however if you look at the time it take to gear up and sail to the enemy they just have to resist for 20 or so minutes then its safe time.

Your rules are pandering to the weak , this is going to force me off that server and on to the EU might not even play the game tbh without my group this brings me to the next subject:-

Currently myself and a a few small guilds got picked on my the largest mega , we were running skirmishes for a few days sneaking about breaking the odd thing now all that is ruined you have signed the death bell for any small groups because of the "war token crap" this now allows the huge megas to get all their alliance members into the attacked server at the right time and max out the population so attackers cant even join guess you didn't think of that did you?

Please stop pandering to people complaining about PVP lets have a hardcore server for the real pvpers :-

1- No land claims

3- Everything is lawless 

So we can get back to having fun and PVP ing without PVE rules shoved down our throats.

I have played many EA titles , many PVP games but this new ruleset nope not going to do it sorry

I do agree with alot of this but just be prepared you are about to to spammed by your a griefer and you offline raid offline raiding is not pvp. This new system is only going to hurt pvp. 

@LABBATS Probably yes  but I joined officials watched as my guild got sucked into one of the megas then the game turned into a boring political grind fest  people telling us when we could sail or when we couldn't that sort of crap.

Much more fun in smaller groups but the Devs just shafted that side of the game.

It really is going to be a stalemate of mega tribes bore fest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

@LABBATS Probably yes  but I joined officials watched as my guild got sucked into one of the megas then the game turned into a boring political grind fest  people telling us when we could sail or when we couldn't that sort of crap.

Much more fun in smaller groups but the Devs just shafted that side of the game.

It really is going to be a stalemate of mega tribes bore fest 

I agree the game from what i've experienced is way more fun in smaller companies than the larger ones. But nothing is going to change unless the Devs make another change to how large a company can get. 150 is still to big. i think 50 would be a great number but then most will complain that is to small. 

• Like 1

1-There is going to be serious abuse of this system by Megas as follows :-

Guild limit is set to 250 well that's simple one mega will split down into alliance `s and leave 1 small guild flagged red.

Red section of the mega will buy war token and flag friendly island at time that suits the mega preventing the actual war from an opposing company.

2- Having this raid window and token will allow these 2k or so member alliances to flood a server reaching its 150 limit and hold players in there forcing attackers out for the duration of their token.

That's just two off the top of my head im sure there will be more rampant abuse. Raid windows are never fun.

Your killing the game for smaller groups not cool

• Like 3

They are hurting the small tribes, the guerilla fighters, the sneak attackers, the thinkers with this patch. Lack of pvp freedom, forced regulation.

Give everyone everything rather than natural evolution which is ---->

Play official, do the best you can, if you get wiped

Restart, join another company or

Go to unofficial.

Such were the ways of ark, don't force pvp rules down are throats. Ark had freedom. This game had freedom but now its being socialized.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slightlymad79 said:

1- No land claims

3- Everything is lawless 

I agree to your setup 1,2 and 3. 

This would ensure pure PVP. I had this in lawless till wipe announcement and it was fun to learn and to survive raids.

Regulation is communism and communism is cancer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

They are hurting the small tribes, the guerilla fighters, the sneak attackers, the thinkers with this patch. Lack of pvp freedom, forced regulation.

Give everyone everything rather than natural evolution which is ---->

Play official, do the best you can, if you get wiped

Restart, join another company or

Go to unofficial.

Such were the ways of ark, don't force pvp rules down are throats. Ark had freedom. This game had freedom but now its being socialized.

I agree its spoonfeeding for people that cant think for themselves.

Due to RL commitments I went to lawless solo , I survived from about a month ago till now and made small outposts each stocked with 1 ship , a large mega tried to bully me into joining. I was able to rally a few small groups and conduct hit and run attacks was serious fun and exactly as piracy should be.

Politics and mindless zerging is no fun a game is meant to be fun . Hopefully another pirate era survival game appears on the horizon or the devs make a u turn on their decisions which I doubt.

imagine if they implement this when no Oceania servers get launched that means anything east of the globe basically cant PVP 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

this is going to force me off that server and on to the EU

You already have the raid time schedule?  Wow!  Even Grapeshot doesn't have that yet.  Can you give me this week's lottery numbers, too?  I mean, since you're clearly from the future and all...

9 hours ago, CazzT said:

You already have the raid time schedule?  Wow!  Even Grapeshot doesn't have that yet.  Can you give me this week's lottery numbers, too?  I mean, since you're clearly from the future and all...

its player decided raid time table numb nuts. That's means if all clans have EU members they can put it to your 1 am till 10 am weekdays , or if clan is no lifers they can set it to middle of the night and leave a shift guarding , it also requires a "war token" to hit during that 9 hour window so ppl cant just turn up to attack its clearly told in advance so yes we will all have the power to see into the future, RTFN (read the ffing notes)

50 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

its player decided raid time table numb nuts. That's means if all clans have EU members they can put it to your 1 am till 10 am weekdays , or if clan is no lifers they can set it to middle of the night and leave a shift guarding , it also requires a "war token" to hit during that 9 hour window so ppl cant just turn up to attack its clearly told in advance so yes we will all have the power to see into the future, RTFN (read the ffing notes)

U need war token to attack during those 9 hours? Are u reeeeally sure m8? Are you really the one who should tell other to read patch notes?

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

its player decided raid time table numb nuts.

This completely invalidates all of your panic.  Good job destroying your own argument.  Numbnuts.

That's means if all clans have EU members they can put it to your 1 am till 10 am weekdays

If this is what the server votes for, then I'll try to make sure I'm online for it.  If I can't be, there's always another day.  At the worst I have several hours of safety to rebuild.

it also requires a "war token" to hit during that 9 hour window so ppl cant just turn up to attack its clearly told in advance so yes we will all have the power to see into the future, RTFN

You tell me to read the notes while at the same proving how idiotic your panic tantrum is.  You da MVP.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:04 AM, slightlymad79 said:

3- Everything is lawless 

Gross. I'll take raid windows over pillar spam any day. 

Edited by Smash
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CazzT said:

This completely invalidates all of your panic.  Good job destroying your own argument.  Numbnuts.

If this is what the server votes for, then I'll try to make sure I'm online for it.  If I can't be, there's always another day.  At the worst I have several hours of safety to rebuild.

You tell me to read the notes while at the same proving how idiotic your panic tantrum is.  You da MVP.

You know im not panicked over a video game I was front line infantry in the 2003 push into Iraq so pixels or forums do not bother me.

You are either really immature or a kid screaming for attention (Although im sorry if you have ADHD or ADDD because then you cant help it)

Im not replying to you or reading your posts anymore so continue throwing your kiddy fit towards someone else.

Peace

• Thanks 1

The proposed changes, will prevent some pvp ,but 9 hours a day is still a long time to be logged on every day, the offline raiders will be able to raid lawless and raid claims without a war token when they find one offline during hours or just not many players on. 

Everyone keeps saying they should just do a server that is all lawless build rules, but I dont see the reason to not have both lawless and claims. 

Freeports are already a bank for anybody, who has a tame lolz this game isn't super "hardcore" like ark is to begin with. 

So why not have both, I bet people will keep, and build even better/more stuff worth taking with this 9 hour raid window, so you can get better loot when you do raid it. 

Pandering to the weak, gimme a break lol there trying to design a game you can log off of and have your stuff there when you log in. 

Also some of the coolest streamed pvp I've seen is private server battles where they spawn in resources, and make cool stuff to fight with in ark, so I think a little structure/ rules to raiding might honestly make a better battle. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, slightlymad79 said:

You know im not panicked over a video game I was front line infantry in the 2003 push into Iraq so pixels or forums do not bother me.

You are either really immature or a kid screaming for attention (Although im sorry if you have ADHD or ADDD because then you cant help it)

Im not replying to you or reading your posts anymore so continue throwing your kiddy fit towards someone else.

Peace

Irellevant defensive statement followed by a non factual personal attack and then topping it off with some 4 year old "i can't hear you lalala". Yea you really showed him who the adult is...

5 hours ago, Pant said:

Irellevant defensive statement followed by a non factual personal attack and then topping it off with some 4 year old "i can't hear you lalala". Yea you really showed him who the adult is...

quite the psychiatrist but completely wrong , I really don't get triggered by keyboard warriors 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, slightlymad79 said:

I have read the new updates and im concerned to say the least 

When a person is making a claim about something and they refer to thier own personal experience and/or the experience of hearsay it is called anecdotal evedince.

To say the least, your discounting how many people strongly disagree with how the game was. I can say that and point to player counts as non-anecdotal a.k.a. hard evidence. Or refer you to the momentous feedback on the forums, although even that is rather anecdotal, but at least a vastly bigger sample size.

Unfortunately you misunderstood how the new system actually works based what you said at the end. So that rather leaves us asking you to please go read up on how it should work going forward and then we'll discuss its merits on an even playing field. 

The irony is you accusingly asking people to stop pandering to the majority of players to pander to your exact preference. Thats perspective there.

Now, as I do favor a hardcore element as well, I have to say that your 3 simple steps are an overly complicated way to accomplish this.  Its way easier than that.  Wait for it....

No fast travel. 

Problems solved. 

Ofc leave the raid windows and all the other changes as these sound great on paper (if you understand them). Also they are PvP rules not PvE. You can tell becuase they apply directly to PvP and not at all to PvE. 

Hope that helps 🙂

-CS

• Like 1

Hate to burst the "this is going to ruin the game bubble" ya'll got going on in here, but the old pvp rules were alreadying ruining the game for a huge chunk of players. Prior to the wipe announcement, average player connections were down over 50% over the previous thirty days. And they were still bleeding off about 1K a week for peek connections consistently.

That is not sustainable. Something had to be done.

Did they make the right call? Time will tell. Did they make the right call for you specificall? Probably not. Personally, I am in favor of checking these changes out.

What was essentially a free for all was not very fun. Folks from my alliance would go and poke at nearly empty CSTG holdings with little to no fight back because none of them were online. Then they would come and poke at our nearly empty stuff when none of us were online. They had more players to go about replacing ships and restocking resources more quickly, but I would not be surprised if they found being the target of offline raids just as frustrating as we did.

Our group had either defeated or befriended anyone nearabouts our size. The rest of the groups were either non-hostile, too far away to worry about, or mega-companies that would be silly to attack when we were already defending against CSTG. For all intents and purposes we were only actively PvPing by placing or assaulting static emplacements. Like some kind of weird turn based castle defense game. It wasn't very fun.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:41 AM, slightlymad79 said:

1-There is going to be serious abuse of this system by Megas as follows :-

Guild limit is set to 250 well that's simple one mega will split down into alliance `s and leave 1 small guild flagged red.

Red section of the mega will buy war token and flag friendly island at time that suits the mega preventing the actual war from an opposing company.

2- Having this raid window and token will allow these 2k or so member alliances to flood a server reaching its 150 limit and hold players in there forcing attackers out for the duration of their token.

That's just two off the top of my head im sure there will be more rampant abuse. Raid windows are never fun.

Your killing the game for smaller groups not cool

Are mega going to cap out a server for a whole 24 hour period?  Seems unlikely.  Also you can declare on 3 of their island. Which one do they cap? 

• Like 1

Everything lawless would be fine, with increased foundation no build radius. Just like in ark.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, slightlymad79 said:

People weren't complaining about PvP.  They were complaining about PvO.  Player vs Offline.  Sorry Sport, but raiding an empty base isn't PvP.  Bringing a bunch of people to fight against 2 people who happen to be online when you attack...not a good PvP experience in my opinion.  Little to no challenge.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 5:34 AM, slightlymad79 said:

Yep as I said weeks ago this will be the death of small companies. The only way they can compete atm against larger companies is to have the element of surprise. Now with the new changes that is well and truly gone. You will now have to buy your token, let them know your coming and rock up to face 100 players all sitting around waiting for you......

In addition it will have another huge effect on the game in a different area and that is exploration. Currently it is quite fun to sail around and find new bases some of which are so poorly designed they make for easy pickings. With this new patch you might be 10 servers away from base when you see a great opportunity to raid a base. You man your cannon and begin to fire and then remember oh yea my cannon balls aren't doing any damage because I haven't purchased a war token and told them I'm going to attack you :classic_dry:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1