RealBelg

Possible reason for fetch server info issue?

So I've been having the common problem of not being able to fetch the server info. However I only have the issue on the EU PVP server (the one I had been playing on). All the other Servers seem to work just fine. Now I have noticed that for this particular Server my Char is not actually assigned any "Region" and I'm wondering if this may be the reason why it cannot fetch the server info?

As a bit of background. I logged off in an uncharted area, close to a bed (however that bed has since become destroyed). That was still in Patch 5.9. A friend of mine who had logged in again in 5.9 but then changed his region to a freeport can still log in no problems....  I did not change my home-region...

Btw. it would really be quite useful if there was a way to delete your char.....

Untitled.png

I have the same problem , i had a base and 2 rafts where i could spawn but i was on a region outisde the spawnable ones and i don't think that someone killed me or anything like that ... I loged off around 5 hrs ago and now i can't rejoin but the other servers work just fine 

It seems to me that the game essentially works based on your home-region (whatever it is). You first need to log into your home-region(/server) before you can change it, spawn or create a new char. However due to the fact that our chars somehow are not assigned to any region(/server) at all, the game cannot process them and therefore you cannot log in. And as there is no way of deleting your char or creating a new one from the main-menu... we are utterly stuck and cannot log into that server anymore...

Same problem here, just trying to validate steam files although im sure its not a problem. i havent tried other servers though. I'd hardly done anythingon the game in all honesty due to the issues think ive managed about 20  minutes playtime.. so i dont think its not bed related etc if that helps

I have same Problem.... yesterday i was swim on PVP EU M10. Was a dead Server, then came update 5.9 i was 2sek ingame, dead and stack in air. Was join on new spot, but was again on the place were i stuck. Then Crash. Since this i cant join anywhere…. Always Hosttimeout. But creat new char only works when join on Server -.- now im since 15oclock, thats over 12h cant play

Same problem with an unofficial Nitrado server I'm using. Changed the map around trying to fix other issues with the server, so no my character isn't in an actual region and I can't join the server. Can't find anywhere in the files on the web portal to edit saved character data on the server.

same here with me and some friends, no one can join, @ me if you find some solution please this game is beyond annoying...

Yeah I have same problem. I tried to find a loophole or something, log in thru new joining to the same server - still nothing.

Got the same problem. Was on J6, disconnected 5 hours ago couldn't connect since then. Was in J6. My mates left with a boat and are in another shard now, they were able to reconnect 5 hours ago. Funny enough i got my home region shown, but not my atlas.

20181225105458_1.jpg

Same problem here.

i logged off last night before the new patch.my friend logged in this morning so i thought i would log in and join him,i was last logged in at H13 EU The Whales Wrath.H13 is no longer showing and i cannot join any other region,it's as if the game thinks i am logged in to H13 already but clearly i am not.

i can log in to the other 3 servers,krakens maw etc

20181225_105631.jpg

20181225_105658.jpg

47132743-8193-43b1-9e0f-47144da6b2d6.jpg

Edited by ronson12

Same problem, but it's not work even if i tried to join on other region(this action must kill my char i suppose).

Hello,

Here what i learned so far.

When you try to connect and hit a time out, try opening a web page. I occurs nealry each time i got a time out, my network stack is stuck. No webpage opens, as if i'm disconnected from internet. Curriously discord voice chat remains functional, but if i CTRL+R the reload fails. Only way to quickly repair the network stack is to close steam, disable the NIC and reenable it. Also if you wait long enough without doing t his the network starts working again.

While not working the network seems ok, locally everything is working, zyxel router is showing no issues and no blocking anything, log is clean.

At first look it seems like a DNS issue, but DNS server is working and all other PCs in the local network are just working fine.

So what in the world is causing the network stack to freeze for new outgoing connexions on the PC that encountered an atlas timeout ?

I'm still investigating, but so far it helped me to avoid clicking "reconnect" in atlas whilst the network was not working by checking simply to open a new web page. As long as your web page does not open it's not worth trying to connect Atals, it will simply not work and prevent the network from coming back.

• Like 1

Thank you MOVIX. Sadly whatever you'll fine interesting there we still need to wait for the devs move.

I noticed just now that whole yesterday I spend on NA not EU server, no clue how I miss clicked that one.

Can log in on EU PvE, NA PvP. NA PvE but not on EU PvP which I am interested it. 

I quess we need to wait for next patch. Hopefully will help. 

I have the same exact problem the game just blocks me from connecting most likely from my character missing a home region.... make a character selection thing and limit it to one character.... atleast you can choose to remove the one your code broke so you can play the game... thanks

Been stuck since the 6.2 update yesterday!

Edited by Merpz

Over on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742229167196250962/?ctp=3

JaaR has actually found a Solution that worked for me 🙂

1.Go in ur Steam instalation folder und look for
\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved
2.Read a "LastServerConnectStringCache..." file und copy a IP
3.press the right button on ATLAS and choose „setting“ 
4.go to startoption
5. write „+connect IP“ IP is from ur "LastServerConnectStringCache..." file
on an example: + connect 46.251.238.105:5759
6.press „OK“
7. Start ur ATLAS
8. Accept a direct connet
P.S IF it dosnt work from the first try, just restart a Game.
after successful connection do not forget to remove „+connect IP“ 

All Cuddos to JaaR 🙂