Sign in to follow this  
True Sonja

wipe Prediction : GS will merge the servers

My prediction is that Grapeshot will use the rapidly sinking numbers post wipe announcement as an excuse to merger the servers and combine the EU and NA servers together (Both the PvE and PvP ones).

So look forward to a future server where every nation is playing and the lag increases either for the NA players or the EU players.

• Like 1

Not a given but entirely possible. At this point a very pertinent set of questions about Atlasโ€™s future relate to what itโ€™s burn rate in development and maintenance costs are and how long Wildshot is willing to keep them at their present rate before making cuts.

3 hours ago, True Sonja said:

My prediction is that Grapeshot will use the rapidly sinking numbers post wipe announcement as an excuse to merger the servers and combine the EU and NA servers together (Both the PvE and PvP ones).

So look forward to a future server where every nation is playing and the lag increases either for the NA players or the EU players.

ย 

I'm an european who plays on NA and don't have more or less lag than any NA player (afaik both NA and EU servers are stationed in Europe/Germany).

Besides that we already have all the Chinese (Asians) on NA so it really doesn't matter anyways. I would actually welcome such a merge, it'd increase the player numbers back to a decent level and shake up the alliance landscape.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:12 AM, True Sonja said:

Well they have to save money somewhere, since there definitely isnโ€™t any coming in. I actually think merger na and eu servers for both PVE and PVP would be a very good thing.

not sure if this part is good or not but the eu players will also be able to play with the Chineseย 

They may long-term, but short-term it defeats the whole purpose of adding islands. Unless that's the real reason for adding the islands.

If it were my game, I'd wait to see the impact of whatever changes are being made before doing that.ย  If they really make a good job of using player feedback, there could be a surprising number of players returning.ย  If that happened on merged servers, it might totally negate the benefit of the changes.

It's never a good idea to change too many variables at once when you're trying to figure out the impact of the changes afterward.ย  It makes it impossible to figure out what's helping and what's not.

• Like 1

well, both the NA servers and the EU servers are both installed in germany sooooo... same ping, either way.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

a logical thing to do. I would welcome it - provided they don't nerf lawless.

As long as they add the grids as well. 450 grid map size I would be happy with the merger.

ย 

Hell I personally think they should merge all 4 together make the center 450 PVE tiles and flanked on both sides by the 450 pvp tiles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

As long as they add the grids as well. 450 grid map size I would be happy with the merger.

ย 

Hell I personally think they should merge all 4 together make the center 450 PVE tiles and flanked on both sides by the 450 pvp tiles.

I also thought of that but then realised everyone would have there base safetley on pve servers then just hop into pvp for griefing/fighting.

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Nope

I did always wonder why they split up the eu/na servers in the first place. assuming a total player population of highest peak rate of ~50k

Split 50:50ish between pvp and pve you are looking at 25k players per server, averaged throughout the day you aren't likely to have more than 10k players on at any one time which is way less than the servers can handle in theory.
With the added pvp raid windows this should help the time zone issues a lot and would allow some variation experimentsย in server types such as mixed pvp/pve zones etc to help narrow down just what the players actually want because god knows they don't really know themselves, they just shout out ideas and then go back to playing and forget them a week later.

Chinese hackers versus Russian hackers.

I'd like to see that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Nope

LOL

And with one word, the man in charge of this awesomeness drops a wrecking ball on the thread.

Keep up the good workย ย ๐Ÿ‘

On 3/3/2019 at 4:12 AM, True Sonja said:

You sound super salty about something.... One they wont merge the servers.ย  Two there will be more players post wipe.... god you kids need to get a grip.