Sign in to follow this  
Remo

@devs PLEASE REMOVE 6X!!!

YES I know some of you will think wtf TRAITOR!?1

3+  weeks at 6x is not good, we will all get used to it and 1x will be a nightmare when wipe goes live, as fun and stupid as 6x is, it will bite the devs in the ass, there will be even more rage quitters.

Better just stick to 2x for the wait, then 1x will be a pita, while we eagerly wait for our 2x weekends...

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Remo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not such a bad idea. I won't be playing much until the wipe, so either way it doesn't really affect me. 🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Remo said:

YES I know some of you will think wtf TRAITOR!?1

3+  weeks at 6x is not good, we will all get used to it and 1x will be a nightmare when wipe goes live, as fun and stupid as 6x is, it will bite the devs in the ass, there will be even more rage quitters.

Better just stick to 2x for the wait, then 1x will be a pita, while we eagerly wait for our 2x weekends...

Just my 2 cents.

6x is for testing purpose and they are doing it because they want to change base harvesting rates, this will help them analyze and will also let people do whatever they want in these 20 days.

Uhh which difference is there between 6x and 1x ? Everyone will be fugged by devs wipe decision in the same way.

6000 players online tonight... why ? For what ?

Sometimes i lose my trust into evolution of mankind into a higher life form.

At least the brains are developing backwards into earthworm size.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Talono said:

Uhh which difference is there between 6x and 1x ? Everyone will be fugged by devs wipe decision in the same way.

Is that 6000 on all servers or 6000 on officials? Before the Anarchy update, close to 50% of the players were on unofficial server, with about 10k players. So could be 1000 on unofficials goofing off with the 6x rates, 5000 on unofficial. The Anarchy update has changed nothing for the unofficial servers really, just made everyone a bit nervous.

Edited by wildbill

8 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Is that 6000 on all servers or 6000 on officials? Before the Anarchy update, close to 50% of the players were on unofficial server, with about 10k players. So could be 1000 on unofficials goofing off with the 6x rates, 5000 on unofficial. The Anarchy update has changed nothing for the unofficial servers really, just made everyone a bit nervous.

That's on official and unofficial, but people don't think about these things before they post.

4 hours ago, Talono said:

The kid around the corner from me growing up turned out to be a math and computer science prodigy. He has his doctorate from Cal Tech and last time I spoke to him and asked what he was working on I *think* the gist of his answer was using nanites to reprogram DNA. To be honest I consider myself reasonably intelligent and educated, but when he tried to describe what he’s doing, it was like God trying to explain algebra to a dog. I understood all of the individual words he used, but not what it meant when he put them together in that order.

My point is this: don’t worry about humanity’s progress. The people moving us forward are working quite diligently on doing so, what they aren’t doing in the meantime is playing Atlas. Atlas and other games are what the rest of us do with our spare time while we wait for the 1% to give us driverless cars and gene therapy to cure cancer. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You know - right now there is a gr8 opportunity to try/test anything in a game, you wouldn't do another time.

The game is about personal experience too. For example - when I first build my battle PVE Brige I put steering wheel to the boat center (for faster access to all parts of ship), I made a stairs there also, put deck cannons to ceilings there too... made some beauty with railings. And... well it turned out center of ship receive most of SotDs damage! Raid after raid I found myself repairing way a lot of constructions in a center. Steering wheel in center also move you sight view closer to back sail. And all that beauty within battle vessel - just wast of resources for repairment. Now my next version of PVE battle Brig has it's center empty (just a single sail).

My current goal is to try Galley with battle conditions (because It all go wipe I painted it to pink just for fun).

With x6 you can experiment a lot with different designs and then go and see - how it goes?

50 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

You know - right now there is a gr8 opportunity to try/test anything in a game, you wouldn't do another time.

The game is about personal experience too. For example - when I first build my battle PVE Brige I put steering wheel to the boat center (for faster access to all parts of ship), I made a stairs there also, put deck cannons to ceilings there too... made some beauty with railings. And... well it turned out center of ship receive most of SotDs damage! Raid after raid I found myself repairing way a lot of constructions in a center. Steering wheel in center also move you sight view closer to back sail. And all that beauty within battle vessel - just wast of resources for repairment. Now my next version of PVE battle Brig has it's center empty (just a single sail).

My current goal is to try Galley with battle conditions (because It all go wipe I painted it to pink just for fun).

With x6 you can experiment a lot with different designs and then go and see - how it goes?

And when you are done experimenting there is still 2,5 Weeks left.

• Like 1

they might as well unlock or give everyone max lvl-skill points so people can try different kinds of things and have fun untill the wipe , at the moment there is a small hardcore population on that will run outa steam at one point and the servers will be barren

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Question, how are you determining the percentages that are official vs unofficial? 

You can get the number player official here:

https://atlasgame.info/

Number total here:

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

So right this minute, close to 4800 on official server, 3,300 unofficial, which surprisingly, about the same ratio as before Anarchy update.

• Thanks 1

agree 6x is a horrible idea unless another wipe is planned 

its going to make people think they are forced to grind instead of enjoy the game 

its going to hurt when removed 

all these bonus resource weekends have really been hurting the community more then helping 

As allready said above. x6 is for testing. So play or dont play but your feedback should be: "Yeah, x6 is great" and eventually they turn x3 or something after the wipe,

1 hour ago, MasterFiren said:

As allready said above. x6 is for testing. So play or dont play but your feedback should be: "Yeah, x6 is great" and eventually they turn x3 or something after the wipe,

So negative Feedback is not allowed because Fanboys will cry otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

So negative Feedback is not allowed because Fanboys will cry otherwise?

that was not what i wanted to say. Sure negative feedback is ok. Only if you have fear that after the wipe it will be x1 again. As said. Testing reason. And pls stop calling everyone Fanboii or whiteknight. its getting old

7 minutes ago, MasterFiren said:

that was not what i wanted to say. Sure negative feedback is ok. Only if you have fear that after the wipe it will be x1 again. As said. Testing reason. And pls stop calling everyone Fanboii or whiteknight. its getting old

So play or dont play but your feedback should be: "Yeah, x6 is great" can only be understood in one way. Fanboy is the easiest way to discribe somebody writing things like this.

If you don't want to be called a fanboy, don't behave like one. Its that easy

2 hours ago, Luck0r said:

If you don't want to be called a fanboy, don't behave like one. Its that easy

That is garbage. You seem to be on a war, that nobody is really taking part in.

5 hours ago, Talono said:

8350 players who work for nothing ? Couragous !

Ooooooh noooo I intended from the beginning of the game to play it for the rest of my life.....

With this mentality don't start farming/grinding/playing a game since one day you'll stop playing it.

Or you know play for enjoying the moment. Yeah it gonna be over in 3 weeks ? So fucking what ?

Yes I wont try to breed a high end bear which gonna take me 2 month of farm. But there is plenty to do in this GAME which it seem to be remembered should only be played for having fun, so if you don't find any just quit and stop cry like a fucking guinea pig.

1 hour ago, Ben de Witt said:

That is garbage. You seem to be on a war, that nobody is really taking part in.

A War, really? So all People not sharing your opinion are on a war?

How old are you?

47 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

A War, really? So all People not sharing your opinion are on a war?

How old are you?

I am an adult, and you?

2 hours ago, Ben de Witt said:

I am an adult, and you?

I am tired of Trolls

48 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

I am tired of Trolls

I am sensing a pattern that anyone who disagrees with you is deemed a troll. It's pretty much the same thing as calling people fanboys or white knights or whatever. How ironic that earlier in another thread you were self righteously telling someone that if they read something they didn't like to just ignore it, yet your own attitude towards those that disagree with you is to quickly label them with pejorative terms. 

Rather than use condescending terms to belittle others or telling them to ignore things they don't like when you clearly don't follow that idea yourself, try honestly arguing your position on it's merits without being dismissive. You might find it easier to get people to see things your way doing this. 

Edited by boomervoncannon