Maji

PvE needs to have some sort of PvP interaction

With the new changes happening, there needs to be something pvp related for the pve side.  A quick idea would be a bribery system from company to company.  Request a bribe or pvp action for those 2 companies during a certain time frame.  Defending company has option to pay or refuse and if paid, immune to challenges for X days. If refused, select a time frame option for when vulnerable like we do in war declarations.  Larger companies cannot challenge companies with lower numbers than themselves.  

Attacking company may not bribe same company more than once per X days.

This is just theory crafting.  Just something I just thought up. Need to somehow make pve engaging with people since you are removing property lines and tax banks.  

Thoughts ?

Just.... no, i Play Pve for a reason, and that reason is NEVER EVER be involved in chancer-toxic PvP.

And btw... 2 Companys can declare War each other already

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If you want to PvP there is a whole server dedicated to it, go play there.

Besides there is already a PvP system built inton the game, just go find another company and have each declare war on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I realize there is a whole PVP side of it, but to keep in spirit of Atlas and how it currently functions, there needs to be more interaction between players other than chat.

I am an experienced Ark PVEr, well over 3600 hours in Ark PVE, and same thing will plague Atlas unless something NEW is introduced.  Yes i know there is a declare war between companies, but that takes the surprise out of it. 

I'm just spewing out ideas, seems like no one throwing much anything out other than hate and bile from the recent stream.  Not saying it needs this specifically, just personally hoping new stuff will keep coming out and keep the PVE side fun and new.

"PVE NEEDS TO HAVE SOME SORT OF PVP INTERACTION"

No it doesn't.

Edited by Greyleaf
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Greyleaf said:

"PVE NEEDS TO HAVE SOME SORT OF PVP INTERACTION"

No it doesn't.

K enjoy the same thing over and over for the next 2 years.

If you want PVP, go to a PVP server. Don't force it on people that want nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

No one is forcing ANYTHING on anyone. It can be as simple as a company setting to stop any or all action.  Take your bile to main general forums where everyone else crying.

Wow. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing this with you. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, then don't post on the forums.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maji said:

I realize there is a whole PVP side of it, but to keep in spirit of Atlas and how it currently functions, there needs to be more interaction between players other than chat.

I am an experienced Ark PVEr, well over 3600 hours in Ark PVE, and same thing will plague Atlas unless something NEW is introduced.  Yes i know there is a declare war between companies, but that takes the surprise out of it. 

I'm just spewing out ideas, seems like no one throwing much anything out other than hate and bile from the recent stream.  Not saying it needs this specifically, just personally hoping new stuff will keep coming out and keep the PVE side fun and new.

I do agree with the others, PVP has it's own entire realm, I think a more constructive idea would be you could have a pathfinder on the PVP realm as well and when you have the itch you could jump over and go toxic 🙂

I also think that if you have a beef with someone on the PVE realm you could challenge them to a ship battle or something on the PVP realm. Just a few ideas for you to scratch that PVP itch.

Respectfully,

WCJoker

1 hour ago, Maji said:

K enjoy the same thing over and over for the next 2 years.

You sound like a narrow-minded PvPer.  Just because there are people who don't like PvP doesn't mean they can't enjoy a game that has PvP servers.  If anything, it makes you look like you don't know how to find fun without fighting other players.

4 minutes ago, CazzT said:

You sound like a narrow-minded PvPer.  Just because there are people who don't like PvP doesn't mean they can't enjoy a game that has PvP servers.  If anything, it makes you look like you don't know how to find fun without fighting other players.

If you read above, I am NOT a PvPer.  Strictly PvE the last 3 years. Simply trying to introduce or think of something new and exciting for this realm.  I don't PvP but should a Small Man PVP server launch, I will be all over that one.  With this update coming soon, it really is turning into an Ark 2.0.  Gonna be almost the exact thing that plagued the PVE servers over there. Grapeshot keeps going backwards to what they know vs trying new stuff.

6 hours ago, Maji said:

With the new changes happening, there needs to be something pvp related for the pve side.  A quick idea would be a bribery system from company to company.  Request a bribe or pvp action for those 2 companies during a certain time frame.  Defending company has option to pay or refuse and if paid, immune to challenges for X days. If refused, select a time frame option for when vulnerable like we do in war declarations.  Larger companies cannot challenge companies with lower numbers than themselves.  

Attacking company may not bribe same company more than once per X days.

This is just theory crafting.  Just something I just thought up. Need to somehow make pve engaging with people since you are removing property lines and tax banks.  

Thoughts ?

On one hand I understand where you are going with this, but I don't think this kind of conflict is going to work for the PvE side. Most people that play PvE only want to build, trade and explore without losing everything to a raid from players. It's one thing to lose to the environment because you have a choice to enter that environment. you except the risk by choosing to travel or face down an NPC Enemy. But when players attack they take this choice out of it. 

On the other hand I like your idea of a bribery system, but I think it is better suited to the PvP servers. It might in fact solve some of the offline raiding issues that they are having.

PVE was some kind of farm and explore at different speed without pressure

since everything is wiped 

no future 😞

You know you can war right? 

We were looking to build towards the point where we could war other willing companies but things grew pretty stagnant within the game at a super massive pace... 

The changes as they were being implemented to the claim systems made it quite clear that we were headed for a wipe since the 21 day change and most of our company player base stopped at the point where that started to get more and more clear, particularly on the back of the changes to stone, the effort to build something up only to destroy it or have it wiped was not worth the time investment for casual players.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the wipe rolls out, would be nice to see some zones on the official PvE server be faction controlled or some such but as its a sandbox game this really should be up to the players. 

So you want more interaction and more things to do on pve and the only thing you can come up with is adding pvp?

Game design needs to be done by people with more imagination.  A sense of humor wouldn't hurt either.

They need to add player markets into the game for PVE which include trading routes and/or auction houses, company stores. This is the only way you will get people interacting from 1 grid to the next, you will get used to trading from one person and get to know them and it builds from there.

I do not want PVP things in PVE, if you want that you play just PVP. The stores or auction houses are a big thing for me, I'd love to see those come in soon but with the lack of content I can't see it just yet.

There needs to be alot more content added into the game where you get rare items, furniture etc so you can put these up for listing to sell. The game is far to early in development for this though, will take quite awhile if it happens.

• Like 1

the only one PVP i'm ok on PVE is Compagny war for me it's a possible PVP for PVE server.. consensual PvP are the Better way, when everyone are ok for fight for me it's OK 

if you want Griefing PvP, why dont play on PVP server ? i dont know why this thread exist ? you want Unconsensual PVP play on PvP server ?!

archeage has a good combined system of pve and pvp on the same server, you have exclusive pve / pvp zones, and other server areas that vary from pve to pvp every so often, that system if it works to be pirate, the systems that has ATLAS is crap

A few PvP'ish things wouldn't be terrible really. It would be nice to be able to sink or claim ships that have been abandoned after a week or something and a "flagging" system might be fun as well. I.E. you can "Flag" to enable yourself for PvP then you can attack other flagged people. Outside of that the consensual war system works as it is now. Though there should be some larger benefit to using it. 

15 hours ago, Maji said:

No one is forcing ANYTHING on anyone. It can be as simple as a company setting to stop any or all action.  Take your bile to main general forums where everyone else crying.

You know you can make War between 2 Companys no? 

Makes your whole Suggestion pointless.

Want more real fighting action, like attacking, Bording Npc ships, with fighting, Npc cities/bases to attack and fighting your way into to loot treasure chest.