Sign in to follow this  
Kirves

Placing Structures On Galleon

Posted (edited)

4c01daa8eb919a0c4cbabfc61de00860.jpgI'm having this issue as well and re-logging into the game and zoning the ship did nothing to fix it i still get this message and am completely unable to build at the front (within the boundaries) or at the rear of the ship.

Edited by Beliena
  • Like 1

Still can't build on the front of the galleon any ideas?

Right now, all I know is that it has been passed along to be fixed. Ill check to see if anyone knows whats going on with it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Alright thank you. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew their was an issue and you do :D.

Edited by Kirves

This issue still persists, random need for foundation support on a ship far below build limit is not something we should have to deal with.

BUMP. 

This still seems to be an unfixed bug. 

Front end of Galleon 1st and 2nd deck. 

5 tiles from front. Cannot place floor or all panels across whole of single row

We had that issue when building our galleon about two hours ago, but found that pressing Q to "rotate" the ceiling piece made it fit....didnt make sense as to why a square board fits one way but not the other....but we got it in there.

This annoying bug continues to drive players away - why bother build a ship if you can't build on it?

Thank you for taking a look at it ASAP, Cheers.

Ship-Foundation-Bug-1.jpg.cee36a6f36d3b1b763ef3f468cf1c6e2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Seems like it only effects the extremes or Bow/Stern of the Galleon aye?

Oh to the Devs: PLEASE Fix the dismal place-able limit on that thing while you're at it yea? Awesome thx! :classic_cool:

Edited by Our Grid
  • Like 1

this bug occurs building stone structures, now only allowed five celing connected without needing a foundation, before there was no such stupid limitation 🤬.

2 hours ago, Rising said:

this bug occurs building stone structures, now only allowed five celing connected without needing a foundation, before there was no such stupid limitation 🤬.

If the server you play on has this new boolean command true (which supposedly applies to that), it could be the cause:

bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks=True

(I was wondering if this might've been the cause of the Ship issues, but this is set to False on our server)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Our Grid said:

If the server you play on has this new boolean command true (which supposedly applies to that), it could be the cause:

bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks=True

(I was wondering if this might've been the cause of the Ship issues, but this is set to False on our server) 

Thanks for the tip but I'm playing on the official servers, it's very likely being this new system to be guilty of these problems .

Edited by Rising

Workaround for this bug.

When you look at the location where you intend to place ceiling etc, look off to one side, often I've found the ceiling then turns blue, enabling me to place it.  I also had the same issue as op and replies.

8 hours ago, venomvv said:

just break the deck and build again. it helped me. :classic_biggrin:

Comments above have said this does not resolve the problem and that it has come back even after doing that.

This is still causing plenty of grief on our cluster, please fix this!

Please fix this for the love of anything and everything - I can't take it anymore - 3000+ hours in the game and THIS is making me want to give up.  Intentionally sank 1 galleon yesterday because i was tired of this crap. Seriously.  Fix this please.

I was able to work around this by placing a wall on the bottom deck directly below the problematic location (didn't have to be directly attached to the problem piece). Was safe to remove the wall after placement succeeded

I have also found for side ladder extensions that simply replacing the top of the ladder would allow placement of previously blocked lower rungs.

Somewhat related, but you may find more success by removing the piece you are attaching to (as long as it isn't the deck, of course). It seems like their object register can get screwed up if you leave it alone for too long. The caveat is that the piece you remove might also exhibit the problem, meaning you have to remove more pieces, so use with caution.

Of course I have done this so much to workaround placement problems as they crop up that I am certain there is a keystone piece somewhere on the ship that will blow the explosive bolts on every panel if it gets destroyed, but living dangerously is part of the fun, right?