Temijin DeathStalker

PVP outside of window.

I know that the closed window period blocks attacking structures but what about players? I can I land and kill players even though the window is closed for structures or does the closed window stop all pvp?

You can´t kill owner of the Settlement during those immunity times. Which means you can still land on Settlement during those times and kill everyone else there (like companies which live under owner etc.). 

And you can ofc pvp all the time on lawless / unclaimed islands or outside of Settlements (ship fights will be still nonstop). There will be timer for getting invulnerability so if u start attacking ships on the sea they can´t just go to Settlement harbor and be immune. 

Super lame system. Really pointless. PvP always and everywhere is what I want. With player created consequenses for evil people, just like we have now, even though current system needs tweaking. This really is the best game ever, I have waited for 18 years. But the new rules seem to put and end to that.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Super lame system. Really pointless. PvP always and everywhere is what I want. With player created consequenses for evil people, just like we have now, even though current system needs tweaking. This really is the best game ever, I have waited for 18 years. But the new rules seem to put and end to that.

There is nothing PvP in offline raiding/griefing. Sorry. System needed a change. It´s EA, if this new system won´t work, they will change it. The game needs to be polished. Unlimited PvP which is current system leads only to offline griefs/raids without where attackers have nothing to lose and "defenders" (offline company) can lose everything during night. That leads to massive player drops which is really what matter in MMO. 

The only players who will suffer from this new system are offline raiders/griefers. Those who say "but i can´t play during prime time because of job, real life duties etc." can play on a different server. There are 2 pvp servers for US timezone and for EU timezone. They both are in Germany which means the same ping. Choose where to play according to your time capabilities and do PvP during prime time / buy war token and do your unlimited pvp for 3 days without any restrictions / do pvp without restrictions on unclaimed islands. 

7 minutes ago, Willard said:

There is nothing PvP in offline raiding/griefing. Sorry. System needed a change. It´s EA, if this new system won´t work, they will change it. The game needs to be polished. Unlimited PvP which is current system leads only to offline griefs/raids without where attackers have nothing to lose and "defenders" (offline company) can lose everything during night. That leads to massive player drops which is really what matter in MMO. 

The only players who will suffer from this new system are offline raiders/griefers. Those who say "but i can´t play during prime time because of job, real life duties etc." can play on a different server. There are 2 pvp servers for US timezone and for EU timezone. They both are in Germany which means the same ping. Choose where to play according to your time capabilities and do PvP during prime time / buy war token and do your unlimited pvp for 3 days without any restrictions / do pvp without restrictions on unclaimed islands. 

How do you know he was even wanting offline raiding in what @partik said. He just wants to PVP whenever where ever like it is now. How come you automatically assume that when someone wants to pvp  it automatically means offline raiding??? some people love the fact you can go around killing people without raiding their base at any time which there is nothing wrong with that. I do agree though when it came to offline raiding it needed a tweak. 

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

How do you know he was even wanting offline raiding in what @partik said. He just wants to PVP whenever where ever like it is now. How come you automatically assume that when someone wants to pvp  it automatically means offline raiding??? some people love the fact you can go around killing people without raiding their base at any time which there is nothing wrong with that. I do agree though when it came to offline raiding it needed a tweak. 

Does it seem to u current system works well? Because all I see are fuckin loosers who ignore you, your base and your ships during prime time (and no, they are not offline, they are online) and always come when you go offline because they live in their moms basements or they have no job so they can be online 24/7. Sorry, that does´t work. It´s not pvp.  

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

Does it seem to u current system works well? 

I said yes i like the current system with some tweaks to offline raiding it would be perfect IMO

Just now, labatts said:

I said yes i like the current system with some tweaks to offline raiding it would be perfect IMO

Some tweaks. It´s great. It´s always "oh some of this, some of that". Tell me your particular ideas to make it work. Not "oh some tweaks". Be specific. 

Just now, Willard said:

Some tweaks. It´s great. It´s always "oh some of this, some of that". Tell me your particular ideas to make it work. Not "oh some tweaks". Be specific. 

leave it so player on player combat or naval combat stays how it is. Make it so that if a company goes offline its impossible to sink / damage their base or near impossible. that is just 2 quick and easy things they could implement instead.

1 minute ago, labatts said:

leave it so player on player combat or naval combat stays how it is. Make it so that if a company goes offline its impossible to sink / damage their base or near impossible. that is just 2 quick and easy things they could implement instead.

So people will go offline when they see someone raids them. Flawless system.

9 minutes ago, Willard said:

So people will go offline when they see someone raids them. Flawless system.

Did you even read what i posted? How would they if there is protection while offline. No there would be a timer that goes in affect if they try to log off while being radied. 

Edited by labatts

8 minutes ago, labatts said:

Did you even read what i posted? How would they if there is protection while offline. No there would be a timer that goes in affect if they try to log off while being radied. 

Great, timer. Let´s say its 15 minutes. Can you raid someone under 15 minutes? Nope. It would be totally pointless to raid someone because u would have very limited amount of time to do that. And if they find out you are going to raid them they will go offline before you actually arrive to their island.  

You see every possible flaw in their new system but you don´t see any flaws in a system you proposed. There are many. 

Edit: It´s my last reaction because we clearly have a different opinions and we are unable to persuade each other 🙂

Edited by Willard

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

Great, timer. Let´s say its 15 minutes. Can you raid someone under 15 minutes? Nope. It would be totally pointless to raid someone because u would have very limited amount of time to do that. And if they find out you are going to raid them they will go offline before you actually arrive to their island.  

You see every possible flaw in their new system but you don´t see any flaws in a system you proposed. There are many. 

The timer could be 1 hour idk like i said with some tweaks it would be better than what we are about to get. There are clearly flaws in every setup but the one i suggest allows you to fight people 24/7. their new system limits PVP and turns a PVP server into PVE. 

Edited by labatts
  • Like 1

Your tweak is the war coin. You PvP outside the 9 hour window. Probably you still can attack ships that are not anchord and sail. Maybe the have to be outside home grid.

More concerned about a landlord that can behave like a ass and wipe at will.

7 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Your tweak is the war coin. You PvP outside the 9 hour window. Probably you still can attack ships that are not anchord and sail. Maybe the have to be outside home grid.

More concerned about a landlord that can behave like a ass and wipe at will.

the war coin is gonna be a over priced method for megas to raid islands non stop. The method i proposed was to be able to raid at any time as long as someone from the company is online. On top of that you would be able to fight people at any time. The raid timers alienate people that do not play NA primetime and also cut down the amount of PVP for no reason. This new system they are about to use also makes it so on a pvp server there will be companies mainly large companies that will have 15 hours a day that is now pve and they get god mode.

Edited by labatts
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, labatts said:

How do you know he was even wanting offline raiding in what @partik said. He just wants to PVP whenever where ever like it is now.

It's hilarious to me that you asked me in another thread "Do you even read what is written" and then you have these two sentences together.  The way it is now is offline raiding.  So it's not really difficult to figure out that's what he's asking for since he's asking for things to not change from the current system.

But, as usual, you're defending offline raiding, despite all the things you've said being debunked.

i understand might be terrible for the 800 hours since launch guy, or the guy who plays when the average guy doesn't. But for the rest of us, 9 hours out of 24 it's more than enough pvp exposure. 

• Like 1

The wipe tries to fix something that was not broken but on the opposite working quite well. The major concerns were :

- you find no land to claim ? Then you have been too lazy searching. I found land on both, PVP and PVE, with ease

- you are offline raided all the time ? Happened to me in the beginning. But humans are smart and flexible. At least all these who refuse to become slaves and cheer the devs. After a while they stopped raiding me (too costly in terms of ressources and efforts)

- solo players/small groups have no chance ? They have, and they can take revenge on the big boys. But not after the patch.

This patch turns Atlas into a pure slave empire.

The megatribes now can demolish whom they want and when they want. One insult to your master in chat and the whip is coming. Or the whip is coming without a reason, simply „because they can“. Your slaver not even needs a weapon.. just click your wall. If he is coming during the PVE time window he can hurt you, but you cant hurt him.

If you like this new SM scenario.. well.. good luck with your domina.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CazzT said:

It's hilarious to me that you asked me in another thread "Do you even read what is written" and then you have these two sentences together.  The way it is now is offline raiding.  So it's not really difficult to figure out that's what he's asking for since he's asking for things to not change from the current system.

But, as usual, you're defending offline raiding, despite all the things you've said being debunked.

Once again when You see someone say PVP you automatically think it means raiding someone lol god your brain dead. I was not defending offline raiding but defending the point you could kill people at any time anywhere except freeport. 

2 hours ago, labatts said:

Once again when You see someone say PVP you automatically think it means raiding someone lol god your brain dead. I was not defending offline raiding but defending the point you could kill people at any time anywhere except freeport. 

You still can but not on the island outside the 9 hour window. You can kill them at the moment they raise the anchor

1 hour ago, awakatanka said:

You still can but not on the island outside the 9 hour window. You can kill them at the moment they raise the anchor

Yes within that short 9 hour window is all you get for raiding bases. I am talking about outside that window you should still be able to fight those people. Instead they sit on their island farming / grinding away with no worries because you cant kill them. There is a PVE server for just that. I do understand the game needed some kind of offline raid protection but this is taking to the extreme where people are even protected while they play on a PVP server. At this point might as well make it so bases are not raidable at all but open pvp is allowed 24/7.

7 hours ago, Talono said:

The wipe tries to fix something that was not broken but on the opposite working quite well. The major concerns were :

- you find no land to claim ? Then you have been too lazy searching. I found land on both, PVP and PVE, with ease

- you are offline raided all the time ? Happened to me in the beginning. But humans are smart and flexible. At least all these who refuse to become slaves and cheer the devs. After a while they stopped raiding me (too costly in terms of ressources and efforts)

- solo players/small groups have no chance ? They have, and they can take revenge on the big boys. But not after the patch.

This patch turns Atlas into a pure slave empire.

The megatribes now can demolish whom they want and when they want. One insult to your master in chat and the whip is coming. Or the whip is coming without a reason, simply „because they can“. Your slaver not even needs a weapon.. just click your wall. If he is coming during the PVE time window he can hurt you, but you cant hurt him.

If you like this new SM scenario.. well.. good luck with your domina.

I used to be in a guild that was sucked into a mega , due to RL commitments I went solo. Exactly as you stated it was easy enough I had 5 bases spanning multiple islands on lawless each with its own shipyard and a 90% constructed ship that I only used when needed. I took a break for a week and lost 1 sloop and one small stash base.

A N.O 1 mega tried to pressgang me into joining by sinking my ship and giving me a 24 hour warning to join or be wiped , I basically waited for them to be attacked by another mega and went on a rampage causing crap behind their lines when they were busy, it was online and it was fun getting into chases and skirmishes.

Unfortunately people need spoonfeeding and cant figure stuff out on their own . I did just fine , now on the change its impossible to get revenge on megas being jerks .

I also found land on recently wiped islands .

This patch basically destroys the sandbox and destroys small group or solo play. Pity we cant get a refund as I would not have purchased a game that tells me when I can or cant attack someone.

For every minute in 24 hour someone has the PvP frame open. Is it not company a then maybe it's b. Outside that it is sailing game go PvP the ships

Just now, awakatanka said:

For every minute in 24 hour someone has the PvP frame open. Is it not company a then maybe it's b. Outside that it is sailing game go PvP the ships

Yeah your going to need a "war token" to instigate against them

Nope I can set my time frame different then you. Your Fran could be from 1 to 10 pm my can be 1 to 10 am. You need to search a bit else go sail and PvP the ships :skull: