Sign in to follow this  
Pax

Simple Solution for Land Claims PVE Servers

Simple solution..  

1. PVE server- Player claims can not overide an existing land claim.

2. ONE land claim per PERSON PER SEVER. Companies get 1 per person in the comp. Person leaves that is no longer apart of that companies land.

3, Claim Areas that have NOT had an owner/company member inside them in 7 days get removed .  Buildings decay as normal for being in a no claim area.   Area is now available for a new claim

Land Claim are very large areas and cover MORE than enough room for a single player to live/build in. What is happening RIGHT NOW you have a tribe of 1 or 2 planting 10-15 land claims to "Claim an entire Island" If someone comes in and claims an area  they come back and harass you and wait till your gone and claim it back. This is a very abusive way to use the land claim system.. This will also allow for future players to be able to get land somewhere.   Its real simple bigger clans can still take large islands but they cant ruin the game for others by claiming way more area then they could ever build in.

Edited by Pax
  • Like 2

Adding 

4. This is PVE the limit preventing someone from respawning on thier bed/boat that lands in someones claim should be removed.. IT is there for 1 reason to stop attackers from continually coming back.. Has no place in PVE

We need something.... I have been sailing for over 7 hours trying to find a single piece of land to build one. I have sailed from k12 all the way to d5. I have more than 10% of the atlas unlocks already, and have more than 30 hours played... and Im still on a god damn raft.

Yeah it's ridiculous at the moment.  Absolutely no reason to have more then 1 claim per person in a PvE server.  I don't think claims should even work as they do in PvE.  One area where it should just work similar to Ark possibly, where you can't build near someone else.  

You spend hours getting to the point where you can leave freeports, get past the lawless freeports where you can't claim (understandably) but you can't even spawn on your beds you build in them because you for some reason can't spawn in a bed if you don't own the land.  Go further and get to real lawless zones, and anywhere you go islands are littered with claim flags.  

I don't care about owning land, I want to be able to build somewhere where nothing is even built (because people are just spamming claim flags in PVE and not even using a tiny fraction of their land) so I can have any resemblance of a house/base so I can stop somewhere and progress.  But you can't build a base (or literally a foundation and a bed) after exploring because you'll spend 10h searching islands that are littered with flags, can't respawn at your stuff in lawless freeports, and can't progress at all at a freeport.  Last is understandable since you're meant to leave, but there's basically nothing to leave to. 

Edited by Twoapplesnbanana

I agree. We're actually stuck from progressing past a raft because of flag spam. We sailed for 6 straight hours yesterday and didn't find any land either before we honestly just got tired of going to island after island and seeing it claimed by 1 maybe 2 tribes. We logged off and honestly were not sad about logging off because we were so frustrated. We want to play officials so we get the full experience of the game, but not being able to move forward may drive us to unofficial or make us stop playing eventually. I'm hoping a solution for this is in the works. I don't see why ANYONE in this game needs an entire island. The goal is to explore on ships not build massive bases on land. If you want that there is another game this company put out that is probably better suited to you. If we were allowed to spawn on beds in unclaimed land there would have been a few places that we could have built that was not claimed but too close to claimed territory. 

You guys are missing the simple fact, you dont NEED land claim. you can build in the lawless areas with no land claim, seen people doing it. the goal is for those that do go out and claim areas to build ports and towns and such for people to go dock in, trade with people, etc etc. They already said they are trying to make an mmo survival game. this isn't ark. while yes land claimign over  someones already claimed land is stupid and shoudl be fixed, claimign big areas is intentional and people should learn to actually try to play like they care about a mmo and its economy in game

However you cannot spawn on a bed that is not within a land claim. And since you cannot claim land in lawless regions, and best currently you can place a bed on a raft and use that.

I agree the claim system needs some serious work, but this is early access, growing pains are to be expected.

8 minutes ago, mizunami said:

You guys are missing the simple fact, you dont NEED land claim. you can build in the lawless areas with no land claim, seen people doing it. the goal is for those that do go out and claim areas to build ports and towns and such for people to go dock in, trade with people, etc etc. They already said they are trying to make an mmo survival game. this isn't ark. while yes land claimign over  someones already claimed land is stupid and shoudl be fixed, claimign big areas is intentional and people should learn to actually try to play like they care about a mmo and its economy in game

Except theres no economy in this game right now.  Yes you can build in a lawless but everything decays in a few days. and once you leave you cant progress right now as outside, you need to claim land to build meaning you would have to gather everything for a brig or gallo and then sail back to a lawless zone to build it...  There is no reason for a single player to claim several places on the same server/island in a PVE version of this game.  This system was disigned around the PVP experience and needs to be tweaked.   

As it stands now there are people sailing around in sloops made in lawless zones that are now super full and cant find somewhere to progress...

4 hours ago, Twoapplesnbanana said:

Yeah it's ridiculous at the moment.  Absolutely no reason to have more then 1 claim per person in a PvE server.  I don't think claims should even work as they do in PvE.  One area where it should just work similar to Ark possibly, where you can't build near someone else.  

You spend hours getting to the point where you can leave freeports, get past the lawless freeports where you can't claim (understandably) but you can't even spawn on your beds you build in them because you for some reason can't spawn in a bed if you don't own the land.  Go further and get to real lawless zones, and anywhere you go islands are littered with claim flags.  

I don't care about owning land, I want to be able to build somewhere where nothing is even built (because people are just spamming claim flags in PVE and not even using a tiny fraction of their land) so I can have any resemblance of a house/base so I can stop somewhere and progress.  But you can't build a base (or literally a foundation and a bed) after exploring because you'll spend 10h searching islands that are littered with flags, can't respawn at your stuff in lawless freeports, and can't progress at all at a freeport.  Last is understandable since you're meant to leave, but there's basically nothing to leave to. 

The claims would be perfect IF they redid them similar to the OP.  If they went with the you cant build near somone it would then just turen to ark and would be pillars everywhere blocking everyone from building anything..  By limiting it to one claim per person per server. it would allow these islands that are very large to hold several people not just 5 or 6 due to everythign being claimed..

7 minutes ago, Caniac said:

However you cannot spawn on a bed that is not within a land claim. And since you cannot claim land in lawless regions, and best currently you can place a bed on a raft and use that.

I agree the claim system needs some serious work, but this is early access, growing pains are to be expected.

Exactly this.. as we are playing and EA we should really be communicating with the devs with ideas that would fit a situation, Thats all this post is to get peopel talking ideas and get the devs attention for a problem.

they aren't meant to, just like in eve, corporations claim mass amounts of space, and sucks to be you if you cant. its a cut throat type of mmo. the only difference is here they have a pve server. again, if you cant claim land, then ask to use land. give tiem for those who have claims to buidl them up, and have things that peopel can use there. hell  my plan was to build up a few dry docks, etc etc, let people use them, and do what they will, along with services and lodging, and even places for little town tenants to build permanent areas. its part of the way they designed this game. get used to it. sorry for sounding rude about it but its true. evolve...adapt

14 minutes ago, mizunami said:

they aren't meant to, just like in eve, corporations claim mass amounts of space, and sucks to be you if you cant. its a cut throat type of mmo. the only difference is here they have a pve server. again, if you cant claim land, then ask to use land. give tiem for those who have claims to buidl them up, and have things that peopel can use there. hell  my plan was to build up a few dry docks, etc etc, let people use them, and do what they will, along with services and lodging, and even places for little town tenants to build permanent areas. its part of the way they designed this game. get used to it. sorry for sounding rude about it but its true. evolve...adapt

So how can you use someones land? Can you spawn on one of their beds? Wouldn't you have to join their company? Doesn't seem like there is a mechanism in game yet to just use someones land, is there?

there is a building called taxation house or somethign like that ((forget actual name but tax is in it)) the mechanic is to have tht built, and then peopel can build on your land and pay you for it. ..dotn think many people have done it yet...was gonan practice but ..gave up alot of my claim area to just sail aroudn and meet people 

Well seeing as how right now you can steal someones hard work and hours of gameplay in PVE servers in a hour and a half, I doubt anyone will be building anything other than shipyards. If you spend hours building a nice house, and someone comes and drops a flag on it, guess what? In a hour and a half that area, including all structures in it, become his. No point even building IMO

you need to be at the claim.  they cant claim it if you are there. 

dotn get me wrong, pve reclaiming and stealing needs to be fixed immediatly so it should never happen, that i have no arguements with.