Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Ressource spawn radius

With the elimination of the claims, the radius, which prevents the resources from being re-spawned, has to be drastically reduced. The current attitudes lead already by the settlement density to the rare resources are lost, because buildings are built too close.

Apart from that, the developer has to worry about how he prevents rare resources such as metals from being walled in so players can no longer reach them. This is already the case on lawless servers.

Grapheshot, it is your job as a developer to ensure the availability of resources for all players in the game. The abolition of the claims does not make this easier.

What if the perfect terrain to build is where that resource is?  What if they are ok with it not spawning? Are they wrong, or are you for telling them where to build? Unless someone blocks every single node, there shouldn't be any issue with them building where they want.

36 minutes ago, FX Sergio said:

there shouldn't be any issue with them building where they want.

Sure, until your island ends up without any resources. Because yeah, everyone can build where they want

Lawless currently does not block spawns specifically because every spawn was blocked on them for the 2-3 days they blocked spawns.    I am hopping they keep it that when the make all PvE Islands lawless,      But the oither obnoxious thing is blocking with gates.   One Island one of companies blocked off the fresh water source with large gates, that island is a mess, three companes have almost completely paved the island with thatch floors over the island.

I am hope the upkeep hast to be attached yo structure and within a radius.  So large sprawling build will be tale effort to maintain.    The repair chest better have a limit on how much it can holde.

56 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

Lawless currently does not block spawns specifically because every spawn was blocked on them for the 2-3 days they blocked spawns.    I am hopping they keep it that when the make all PvE Islands lawless,      But the oither obnoxious thing is blocking with gates.   One Island one of companies blocked off the fresh water source with large gates, that island is a mess, three companes have almost completely paved the island with thatch floors over the island.

I am hope the upkeep hast to be attached yo structure and within a radius.  So large sprawling build will be tale effort to maintain.    The repair chest better have a limit on how much it can holde.

Spawns need to block somewhat Trees and rocks in the house constantly in the house suck. My favorite was when a huge rock respawned blocking my doorway and completely covering my smithy...that all my tools were on for safekeeping.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, MeatSammich said:

Spawns need to block somewhat Trees and rocks in the house constantly in the house suck. My favorite was when a huge rock respawned blocking my doorway and completely covering my smithy...that all my tools were on for safekeeping.

That is why you watch were you build, there is plenty beach and inland areas that have places to build.  Build big where nothing spawns, and build small where resources are.   I know on our island one foundation with a bed is blocking half the metal spawns on the island.  That is what I want to avoid.   Covnersly I have a couple build on lawless island, metal spawns right next to my smithy, can harvest and store in smithy without moving, which is good since its gives over 1000 metal right now.