Sign in to follow this  
ljbendele

R. I.P. Big Red

I understand the wipe, it makes sense. But I have no desire to log in anymore knowing that the pet I named and got attached to is going to be digitally murdered. It took me two days to tame her,  after I found an island with Giraffes. She was a perfect lvl 30, she had this amazing red coloring. I tamed her when there was no bonus, I did not have beets , I had to tame her 1% at a time. I spent 4-5 hours and through a server patch reset trying to tame her, defending her from Cobras, vultures , scorpions, ants and alpha creatures. 

Yes I played this game for pvp, I don't even understand myself the attachment to this virtual animal but nevertheless I am attached.  During her taming I was cursing every failure, every step backwards, but when I succeeded it was such a sense of accomplishment , i screamed and celebrated in my home. 

Wipe everything I have grapeshot, but please create some kind of tame token or some way of preserving our named animals. Thier's personal attachment here . My heart is broken knowing I am going to lose her.. 353A7B5B02A14D7E2C210B65C3FA257F0D1E4964

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I understand how you feel, i will miss my special animals as well. I really got attached to them.

• Like 1

I totally feel you on this. It's a weird thing to get attached to virtual pets, but I do. I don't want them to starve but the will to play everyday is growing. So I have been setting them on aggressive and wandering and let them do their thing. I kinda feel better about releasing them that way, then murdering them or letting them starve.

• Like 1

I've had this unreasonable attachment to tames I ARK before. Miss T, lvl 80 Rex that my daughter and I spent hours taming and protecting through the same process. She wasn't the perfect time but she was our first big tame.

Fortunately in Atlas I've not developed any attachments to my times, because do to bugs, Alpha lions that appear out of nowhere and cobras attacking through pens, you quickly realize what you tame today, you will most likely be replacing tomorrow.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that any of these issues will be addressed before the big patch and server wipe. Which adds to the aggravation of having to start from scratch once again.

Fine we are paying to test, I'm ok with that. Fix the shit we have found, then wipe the server and start collecting fresh new data. Instead they have rushed a half ass plan to fix the claim system in an attempt to staunch the bleeding. 

So we the players are forced to start from scratch once again, grind through the same buggy shit we've been grinding through all for the sake of collecting test data. Data for what, your new claim systems, many in the forums have already provided the insight you need to know how this is gonna play out.

Edited by Huck Finnley
  • Like 1