Sign in to follow this  
Long John Screw Off

Terminate Jatheish for Unprofessional Behavior!

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Are u mentally healthy? 

I also wondered the same thing, trolling like that at that age group... i still am in awe from an adult.

@Long John Screw Off
So you are a 51 year old office admin?
I'm 57 and you come off as an overly-sensitive snowflake to me.

• Like 2

People keep abusing the " difference of opinion" explanation for antics that are out right harassing and threatening when provoking others into things. Its childish (and the kind of child a parent needs to step in and correct) no matter how old you are.  I  do see something wrong with that tweet and it isn't Jat's  reactions.

• Like 1

I think the idea that customers should be allowed to say whatever they want and employees need to be “professional” regardless of circumstance is BS top to bottom.

If we as a society don’t expect and command maturity and respect from both consumers and producers (but mostly consumers) we will never get it.

Edited by CyanicEmber
  • Like 4

Lol , I dont think its grounds for termination,

After the game came out, they had a news update that said, "now atlas players can eat shit and die." I think that tops it, in any case it's just a little edgy humor

• Like 2

if you're gonna act like a shit head, use a emoji of a shit head as your icon, and then be called a shit head by the person you are acting like a shit head too, then you need to either wipe yourself, or shut up 

If he had done it to me what he did to Jat, I would have slapped the shit out of his head 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Long John Screw Off said:

Ok, first I am a 51-year-old Office Administrator. I am not a "kid". Secondly, those kids you think need to grow up, are the solution to long-standing problems around the world that our generation caused, and keeps trying to drag out of the shadows of history.

Secondly, had ANYONE of my employees posted this on ANY media, they'd be terminated on the spot. It looks terrible from a business point of view and is bad for business. If you can't handle feedback from customers, you don't need to be in that role.

Third, this game is not listed for 16 years of age or older. Therefore, they are mass marketing the game.

You need to lay off the Fox Fake News and get back to the real world.

LuLz, SJW detected.  Go run your company the way you want.  This isn't your company.  I know you libs like to force your values onto everybody else, but we don't give a fuck what you think.  You talk about FOX, but it is every other network, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Newsweek, etc.. that had been caught red-handed, lying.  Yet the only one you think is fake, is FOX?  You are an idiot, and we are all dumber for having read your whiny drivel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just another troll needing attention. So many contradictions here I just cannot take it seriously.

• Like 1

Laugh out loud at this op. What a little snowflake. No one wants to hear your voice kid. You are 💩

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Long John Screw Off said:

So here I am twitter stalking and run into this little piece of gold. Apparently, @Jatheish called an unhappy player shit via emoji. Then thought it was funny to then cyberbully said player on Twitter in 2019. Grapeshot just FYI this is unacceptable behavior, and @Jatheish should be terminated. 

Jatheish if you can't put on your big boy pants and handle the blowback from your poor decisions from the player base...frankly you don't need to be a company manager. 

I would encourage all players to report this to Grapeshot personally. We don't need this type of behavior from our Devs or Community team.

https://twitter.com/Jatheish/status/1101288424516988928

Two words. Cognitive Dissonance. 

could someone delete this pos post. thx

bc OP is obviously brain damaged.

• Like 1

OP reminds me of those snowflakes that get people fired because "waaaaaaaah he said something i don't like!!!" and starts a twitter hashtag campaign until the person's life, family, and reputation are permanently destroyed.

Jat did nothing wrong.  You claim you're 51, but you're acting like a 12 year old in his mom's basement who yells at her to bring more hot pockets.

• Like 3

This whole post is .... 🤣🤣🤣

.....walks away I can't breath

But seriously, You treat others as you want to be treated. And NO the god damn customer is not always right! 😊 The mentality that I can do whatever I want because I'm behind a keyboard needs to stop. It's getting flipping old. People want to be treated with respect, their opinions heard. But can't open their mouths and talk like they have any sense at all. Who is going to listen to you or your ideas/opinions when you act like a moron?

OP, I think you took that tweet a little to much to heart.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Long John Screw Off said:

The point is our community manager has labeled someone literally "shit", because of a difference of opinion, and inability to professionally response to angry players. It's pretty immature.

This basically means anyone Jat disagrees's with is being labeled "shit" and dismissed. Which is probably why the game is in such a shit state.

I see you are very biased.

Your arguments are fallacious from corrupted ethos, and logos. 

1) You are trying to leverage your experience as equal with all experience, thereby attempting to justify the claim that Jat's behavior is reasonably unprofessional; however, I can find at least one instance where your claim doesn't hold true: Jat intends to respond to a critic using one of the critic's own method of criticism; the profile picture. This gives credence to the possibility that it is not the case that Jat is behaving unprofessionally.

2) If premise 1) is untrue, it remains impossible to prove that it is the case that there exists a single instance of Jat calling one player, "shit," implies for all cases of players Jat has also called, "shit."

The logic "if p then q, we have q, so then p," is incorrect, and the argument holds untrue.

• Like 1

Lol has all this derived from a single bit of banter that has no real offence or anger ? Taking a joke way out of context 😕

4 hours ago, Bowtie said:

I see you are very biased.

Your arguments are fallacious from corrupted ethos, and logos. 

1) You are trying to leverage your experience as equal with all experience, thereby attempting to justify the claim that Jat's behavior is reasonably unprofessional; however, I can find at least one instance where your claim doesn't hold true: Jat intends to respond to a critic using one of the critic's own method of criticism; the profile picture. This gives credence to the possibility that it is not the case that Jat is behaving unprofessionally.

2) If premise 1) is untrue, it remains impossible to prove that it is the case that there exists a single instance of Jat calling one player, "shit," implies for all cases of players Jat has also called, "shit."

The logic "if p then q, we have q, so then p," is incorrect, and the argument holds untrue.

*claps*

Actual logic on a gaming forum, will wonders never cease?

19 hours ago, Long John Screw Off said:

Ok, first I am a 51-year-old Office Administrator. I am not a "kid". Secondly, those kids you think need to grow up, are the solution to long-standing problems around the world that our generation caused, and keeps trying to drag out of the shadows of history.

Secondly, had ANYONE of my employees posted this on ANY media, they'd be terminated on the spot. It looks terrible from a business point of view and is bad for business. If you can't handle feedback from customers, you don't need to be in that role.

Third, this game is not listed for 16 years of age or older. Therefore, they are mass marketing the game.

You need to lay off the Fox Fake News and get back to the real world.

Isn't there some feminists you can go beta up to somewhere (else)?

• Like 1

Gaming certainly brings out the crazies. Haven't read the rest but just the first few lines of this thread is enough to know someone needs to phone their support worker and get their medication bumped up.

Don't be so ridiculous.

I may not like some of their previous decisions but Jat is doing great, so what if he calls someone shit (via emoji ffs), I'd be calling some of these toxic lunatics more than that if I was him - I vote they ban the OP from this forum permanently.

Also please delete this thread.

Edited by FruitBatCat

I get so tired because of people like OP. The exact reason the current society is failing hard. 

• Like 2

Just looked at it and saw nothing wrong, I was looking everywhere to see where he called the player ****. I did notice a tweet he posted though saying "we will certainly look into changes if needs be" maybe the claim system will change again after all.

You know long John. With the toxicity of these forums and the amount of snowflakes are here grapeshot and their whole crew should be calling a lot more of the whiners around here shit.

• Like 1

Looked at the thread and not entirely sure what I'm looking at, to be honest.

I do think a community manager mirroring the behavior of the community he/she is managing isn't necessarily unprofessional.  It's not really a job I could do in that manner, but to some degree one could argue a community manager should be using the vernacular of the community he manages.  "One of us" kind of deal.

I haven't personally ever seen Jatheish taking liberties with his position.  What I find most offensive from a community manager is when they usurp or circumvent the devs, raising their own station beyond where it should be.  Jatheish doesn't seem to do that, and I appreciate that.  If he occasionally has to go below his station in life for the sake of community communication... more power to him for being willing to go there. 

As for the OP... I do have a theory.

Was the child insulted related to you in some way?  Are you defending a grandchild, a nephew, a niece?

Would be totally understandable and if someone insulted a kid I care about, I'd break out the double headed axe immediately as well.  However, I think it's just as important to take a step back and go over what happened with the child in question.  Sometimes, we take things too far and and have to accept our own role in how we're treated... wouldn't you agree?

Hope everyone is able to let it go, maybe even learn something but, at the very least, get back to having fun.  I'm building a schooner to explore more of the world before the coming apocalypse.  What are you working on for fun?

EDIT:  Again, to the op, if you're defending a child in your life, I completely understand.  You first neutralize the threat by whatever means necessary, with prejudice, then you go back and figure out what happened.  I wouldn't hesitate to take a flamethrower to the place and ask questions later.

Edited by Kveldulf
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Long John Screw Off said:

So here I am twitter stalking and run into this little piece of gold. Apparently, @Jatheish called an unhappy player shit via emoji. Then thought it was funny to then cyberbully said player on Twitter in 2019. Grapeshot just FYI this is unacceptable behavior, and @Jatheish should be terminated. 

Jatheish if you can't put on your big boy pants and handle the blowback from your poor decisions from the player base...frankly you don't need to be a company manager. 

I would encourage all players to report this to Grapeshot personally. We don't need this type of behavior from our Devs or Community team.

https://twitter.com/Jatheish/status/1101288424516988928

Maybe that guys was a shithead. I don't know. If so, so be it.

But I do question the decision to make Atlas the first post retail MMO in history to delete characters. We'll see how the game review websites talk about this after it drops.

I'm sorry but what the hell happened to this world where people can't make jokes or speak their minds anymore because of some over sensitive transexual bearded lady homosexual blacasian jew thing person or whatever they it or them are.. Just saying..

• Like 3